Skip to content

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

The Browns Board
439 60 17.6k
  • It is our 3rd round pick for Kaep ........ we want him to redo his contract before trade goes ahead

    NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 17m17 minutes ago
    NFLTradeRumors.co@nfltrade_rumors
    Browns Willing To Trade A 3rd-Rd Pick For Colin Kaepernick, Want Him To Rework His Deal bit.ly/1YIs4Fh
    #Browns #49ers

    Browns Willing To Trade A 3rd-Rd Pick For Colin Kaepernick, Want Him To Rework His Deal http://bit.ly/1YIs4Fh

  • If this goes through, it tells you exactly what Hue thought of Wentz/Goff.

  • If this goes through, it tells you exactly what Hue thought of Wentz/Goff.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If this goes through, it tells you exactly what Hue thought of Wentz/Goff.

    as much as i'm not a fan of bringing Kap in, your right..it's telling.

  • @billmurray said:

    Nope. I'll always be a Browns fan but that doesn't mean I have to support a front office that is so disillusioned and has their heads shoved so far up their own asses that they lost sight of the big picture. Bringing in Kap isn't a big picture move, it's a short sighted attempt at slapping a band-aid over a bullet wound. I will take an ugly 2016 if it means doing a rebuild the RIGHT WAY, not trying to appease fans/advertisers/financial backers by bringing in a high profile QB to help sell tickets, win couple extra games, and let Hue live out his pipe dream of turning water into wine with a flawed QB. There's no long term staying power, it will fall apart and we'll be right back where we started.

    Like I said in another post, the Browns still want either Goff or Wentz. We know Josh McCown cant stay healthy. So the way I see it, we Kaep in FA, but start Josh. If and when he goes down, we bring in Kaep. This way Goff or Wentz can sit the pine for the season and learn.

    @dawg2fan said:

    Like I said in another post, the Browns still want either Goff or Wentz. We know Josh McCown cant stay healthy. So the way I see it, we Kaep in FA, but start Josh. If and when he goes down, we bring in Kaep. This way Goff or Wentz can sit the pine for the season and learn.

    And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

    @billmurray said:

    Why do I feel like the same people who were on the Manziel hype train are the same one's who want Kap? You guys are suckers for name value, Kap is absolute garbage. The only reason SF went to that SB was because they had the best defense in football, an elite OL, prime Frank Gore, and a killer zone read scheme from Jim Harbaugh that that treated Kap like the gimmick that he is.

    Kap has not and never will be able to run a pro style offense, his progressions, decision making, football IQ, and mechanics are all terrible.

    I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

    Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

    Ghoolie would approve of this message.

  • @dawg2fan said:

    Like I said in another post, the Browns still want either Goff or Wentz. We know Josh McCown cant stay healthy. So the way I see it, we Kaep in FA, but start Josh. If and when he goes down, we bring in Kaep. This way Goff or Wentz can sit the pine for the season and learn.

    And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

    @billmurray said:

    Why do I feel like the same people who were on the Manziel hype train are the same one's who want Kap? You guys are suckers for name value, Kap is absolute garbage. The only reason SF went to that SB was because they had the best defense in football, an elite OL, prime Frank Gore, and a killer zone read scheme from Jim Harbaugh that that treated Kap like the gimmick that he is.

    Kap has not and never will be able to run a pro style offense, his progressions, decision making, football IQ, and mechanics are all terrible.

    I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

    Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

    Ghoolie would approve of this message.

    @hoorta said:

    And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

    I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

    Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

    Ghoolie would approve of this message.

    The whole "Ghoolie would approve this message" part kinda makes me hope we do it now. Worst case he's DA with wheels, best case he's DA circa 07 with wheels.

    I could live with a 3rd rounder for him. Not excited, but not pissed either. Then again, I'm not completely sold on any of the QB's in the draft, so there's that.

  • Absolutely. But I think Hue will wait until we get Kaep then see if they can get a few FA's for the Oline. Might be a patch work for center or RT, but we still have the draft.

    @dawg2fan said:

    Absolutely. But I think Hue will wait until we get Kaep then see if they can get a few FA's for the Oline. Might be a patch work for center or RT, but we still have the draft.

    possibly patchwork, but perhaps here already: Thomas, Pasztor, Erving, Greco, Bitonio?

    alternate: Thomas, Pasztor, Bitonio, Greco, Erving?

    After losing guys like Mack and Schwartz who didn't want to be in Cle and went to noncontenders imo, envisioning this potential lineup made me feel a little better at least. not totally horrible on paper. cheap too. and possibly a better run blocking line.

  • @dawg2fan said:

    Absolutely. But I think Hue will wait until we get Kaep then see if they can get a few FA's for the Oline. Might be a patch work for center or RT, but we still have the draft.

    possibly patchwork, but perhaps here already: Thomas, Pasztor, Erving, Greco, Bitonio?

    alternate: Thomas, Pasztor, Bitonio, Greco, Erving?

    After losing guys like Mack and Schwartz who didn't want to be in Cle and went to noncontenders imo, envisioning this potential lineup made me feel a little better at least. not totally horrible on paper. cheap too. and possibly a better run blocking line.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    possibly patchwork, but perhaps here already: Thomas, Pasztor, Erving, Greco, Bitonio?

    alternate: Thomas, Pasztor, Bitonio, Greco, Erving?

    After losing guys like Mack and Schwartz who didn't want to be in Cle and went to noncontenders imo, envisioning this potential lineup made me feel a little better at least. not horrible on paper at least. cheap too. and possibly a better run blocking line.

    We WILL draft a tackle. No way you go into the season with that lineup. Not a sexy pick, but if Tunsil is available don't be surprised if he's the pick. Although, it's more likely around rds. 2-4 IMO.

  • @mudfly said:

    If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    @the-gipper said:

    Precisely....and I assume that they will divert their attention elsewhere.

    If the Browns don't draft one of those guys....who will? Dallas? Rams?

    Yeah...I dont know where teams rank these guys.....after watching Rodgers drop to the bottom and Russell go #1, who knows what they'll do.....

    I do think, they wouldnt make a trade for a guy like Kap and still pick one high.....and if they were "sold" that one of those guys was a franchise QB, then this wouldnt be happening today.....

    @mudfly said:

    I do think, they wouldnt make a trade for a guy like Kap and still pick one high.....and if they were "sold" that one of those guys was a franchise QB, then this wouldnt be happening today.....

    after 17 yrs w/out a franchise QB you can't imagine an overkill situation where they would hedge their bets out of sheer desperation to improve their odds at solidifying the position once and for all?

    it is a billion dollar company trying to win a trophy that hinges upon strong play at the QB position after all...

    normally i would agree Mud but it's time they got it right regardless of how unorthodox or overboard it is. in fact deep down i really hope they do. can ya tell? πŸ™‚

  • @hoorta said:

    And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

    I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

    Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

    Ghoolie would approve of this message.

    The whole "Ghoolie would approve this message" part kinda makes me hope we do it now. Worst case he's DA with wheels, best case he's DA circa 07 with wheels.

    I could live with a 3rd rounder for him. Not excited, but not pissed either. Then again, I'm not completely sold on any of the QB's in the draft, so there's that.

    @taco918 said:

    The whole "Ghoolie would approve this message" part kinda makes me hope we do it now. Worst case he's DA with wheels, best case he's DA circa 07 with wheels.

    I could live with a 3rd rounder for him. Not excited, but not pissed either. Then again, I'm not completely sold on any of the QB's in the draft, so there's that.

    I don't often agree with Ghoolie. I was having fun with the Ghoolie political disclaimer, but the above sure as shit scares the hell out of me. You want to talk DA? Possibly it might be the same scenario. Kap has been figured out by opposing defensive coordinators. That makes him essentially worthless. Hue might think he can do a serious reclamation project- but if you can't go through your progressions, and read defenses after 4 years as a starter in the NFL- you're never going to get "it".

  • if this team gets Kaep.. I may as well hang up My fandom for this team... No football men to even run the thing... Im at a loss for words.. but Im beginning to build a personal hate for My beloved Brownns because the only thing theyre good at is doing everything totally the wrong way..

    @nickers said:

    if this team gets Kaep.. I may as well hang up My fandom for this team... No football men to even run the thing... Im at a loss for words.. but Im beginning to build a personal hate for My beloved Brownns because the only thing theyre good at is doing everything totally the wrong way..

    because there's an exact science to building a winner, right?

    have some faith, just let go...

    all we can do is hope realistically, and doubt won't help build it any faster.

  • If this goes through, it tells you exactly what Hue thought of Wentz/Goff.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If this goes through, it tells you exactly what Hue thought of Wentz/Goff.

    no it illustrates the new Browns brass understand the importance of the QB position and the value of structuring contracts that are sustainable. i believe (and hope) they are still looking at taking a QB early.

    the Browns 3rd is essentially a late 2nd, pretty good backup if the $$ makes sense.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    possibly patchwork, but perhaps here already: Thomas, Pasztor, Erving, Greco, Bitonio?

    alternate: Thomas, Pasztor, Bitonio, Greco, Erving?

    After losing guys like Mack and Schwartz who didn't want to be in Cle and went to noncontenders imo, envisioning this potential lineup made me feel a little better at least. not horrible on paper at least. cheap too. and possibly a better run blocking line.

    We WILL draft a tackle. No way you go into the season with that lineup. Not a sexy pick, but if Tunsil is available don't be surprised if he's the pick. Although, it's more likely around rds. 2-4 IMO.

    @htownbrown said:

    We WILL draft a tackle. No way you go into the season with that lineup. Not a sexy pick, but if Tunsil is available don't be surprised if he's the pick. Although, it's more likely around rds. 2-4 IMO.

    betcha a 6'er they don't. not because i don't think they will, but more because i can afford it and like to cheers beers with peers.

    to be crystal, he would need to be a pure OT, not a utility guy like Erv for you to win.

  • @htownbrown said:

    We WILL draft a tackle. No way you go into the season with that lineup. Not a sexy pick, but if Tunsil is available don't be surprised if he's the pick. Although, it's more likely around rds. 2-4 IMO.

    betcha a 6'er they don't. not because i don't think they will, but more because i can afford it and like to cheers beers with peers.

    to be crystal, he would need to be a pure OT, not a utility guy like Erv for you to win.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    betcha a 6'er they don't. not because i don't think they will, but more because i can afford it and like to cheers beers with peers.

    to be crystal, he would need to be a pure OT, not a utility guy like Erv for you to win.

    I'd have bet a bottle of Don Julio on it, but free beer tastes good too. I'll take your beer, I mean bet.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    betcha a 6'er they don't. not because i don't think they will, but more because i can afford it and like to cheers beers with peers.

    to be crystal, he would need to be a pure OT, not a utility guy like Erv for you to win.

    I'd have bet a bottle of Don Julio on it, but free beer tastes good too. I'll take your beer, I mean bet.

    @htownbrown said:

    I'd have bet a bottle of Don Julio on it, but free beer tastes good too. I'll take your beer, I mean bet.

    i'd take the Don Julio ante if i liked my own terms more lol. that and it's hard to invest more when i genuinely do hope there is a bpa OT sitting there for us to snag up somewhere on draft day.

    a stadium beer 6 pack and quite a few craft brews today would actually cost more than the DJ (!), so just to finalize how about we set a $20-ish ceiling? good?

    hopefully we can collect in person a few hrs before a Browns win.

  • they gave him a deal for that much money??????

    they actually should give US a third rounder to take him

    off their hands.

    He won't give up half that to go to the Browns....

  • bored silly So, Kap & Wentz in combine numbers similar, both 6'5" Kap -233/237lbs. hands Wentz-10"/ 9 1/8. 40 time Kap-4.53/4.77. vert.Kap-32 1/2/ /30 1/2. broad-Wentz-118"/115". 3 cone Kap-6.85/6.86 Goff-6'4-215 hands 9"- 40 time 4.82. vert.27". Broad 110" 3 cone-7.17

  • Well...if we end up with McCown, Kap and Goff/Wentz the fans will be very confused about which one to chant for......

    While it might sound like a good idea on paper, Id rather pick a guy and commit for a minute....but with 3 potential starters??? talk about your QB controversies......

  • @htownbrown said:

    I'd have bet a bottle of Don Julio on it, but free beer tastes good too. I'll take your beer, I mean bet.

    i'd take the Don Julio ante if i liked my own terms more lol. that and it's hard to invest more when i genuinely do hope there is a bpa OT sitting there for us to snag up somewhere on draft day.

    a stadium beer 6 pack and quite a few craft brews today would actually cost more than the DJ (!), so just to finalize how about we set a $20-ish ceiling? good?

    hopefully we can collect in person a few hrs before a Browns win.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    i'd take the Don Julio ante if i liked my own terms more lol. that and it's hard to invest more when i genuinely do hope there is a bpa OT sitting there for us to snag up somewhere on draft day.

    a stadium beer 6 pack and quite a few craft brews today would actually cost more than the DJ (!), so just to finalize how about we set a $20-ish ceiling? good?

    hopefully we can collect in person a few hrs before a Browns win.

    Deal.

  • @dawg2fan said:

    Like I said in another post, the Browns still want either Goff or Wentz. We know Josh McCown cant stay healthy. So the way I see it, we Kaep in FA, but start Josh. If and when he goes down, we bring in Kaep. This way Goff or Wentz can sit the pine for the season and learn.

    And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

    @billmurray said:

    Why do I feel like the same people who were on the Manziel hype train are the same one's who want Kap? You guys are suckers for name value, Kap is absolute garbage. The only reason SF went to that SB was because they had the best defense in football, an elite OL, prime Frank Gore, and a killer zone read scheme from Jim Harbaugh that that treated Kap like the gimmick that he is.

    Kap has not and never will be able to run a pro style offense, his progressions, decision making, football IQ, and mechanics are all terrible.

    I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

    Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

    Ghoolie would approve of this message.

    @hoorta said:

    And dump Davis and Shaw. Not a good idea.

    I'll repost this if we wind up with Kap make that Crap. For all you Kap pumpers- just remember THIS

    Kaepernick got beat out by Blaine Freaking GABBERT. So cool your jets over this bum.

    Ghoolie would approve of this message.

    Obviously you don't watch the 49ers. Last season was part Kaep, part 49ers organization. And to all Wentz pumpers remember that his best victory was vs Northern Iowa.