Skip to content

Who takes the fall?

The Browns Board
370 53 11.8k
  • jeff fisher is available now he would be a coup for cleveland football if we could get him here 😁

    D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    jeff fisher is available now he would be a coup for cleveland football if we could get him here 😁

    Yeah cause he worked out real well for the Rams..

    We need Jon Gruden!!!

  • jeff fisher is available now he would be a coup for cleveland football if we could get him here 😁

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    jeff fisher is available now he would be a coup for cleveland football if we could get him here 😁

    Maybe as a defensive coordinator to replace Horton.

    I wouldn't mind that so much.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    jeff fisher is available now he would be a coup for cleveland football if we could get him here 😁

    Maybe as a defensive coordinator to replace Horton.

    I wouldn't mind that so much.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe as a defensive coordinator to replace Horton.

    I wouldn't mind that so much.

    My thought as well. I haven't been to keen on Horton since his first stint here. Fisher could get the D on track quicker and better...imho
  • Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    Not the Browns. Hue ain't going nowhere. But, now the Rams? Links?

    Is ML Woody having a cow yet?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Amazed that folks still do not get our FO's structure...

    I don't think "getting it"...the structure... is the issue....it is having faith in the ability of the occupants of that structure. Or disagreeing with their tactic of stripping this team down to look like that statue a couple of posts above, then trying to recloth it using grass clippings and moss scrapings

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think "getting it"...the structure... is the issue....it is having faith in the ability of the occupants of that structure. Or disagreeing with their tactic of stripping this team down to look like that statue a couple of posts above, then trying to recloth it using grass clippings and moss scrapings

    It is when folks think Sashi is the guy who decides who we draft.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    Everybody, I mean everybody, expected a terrible season possibly the worst in history. Now all of a sudden everybody is shocked that it's coming to pass. I don't touch anything if I own the team. I would be tempted to shitcan the defensive coordinator because he sucked on so many times for so many years but if I'm going to give the rest of the team a break as they come together slowly I guess I can cut Ray Horton some slack. Falling apart at the end of the game winded and giving up points is kind of his MO though.

    WSS

  • For those that watched the last game, the announcers mentioned that they had been in Berea and that the morale and spirit of everyone there was not that of an 0-12 football team. I've heard similar comments from other media people and the players themselves. Everyone is positive because they feel like they are building something and more importantly because Hue Jackson keeps a positive spirit and gets more determined with every loss. He doesn't give up like Pettine and Co. did.

    Nothing more than that convinces me that Hue is the right coach for this job. We were never going to win a lot of games this year. Bill Bilichick maybe squeezes a couple out of this roster. The real barometer for Hue's success isn't wins and losses this year, but if he can steer the ship through the shit storm without losing his team's respect, and it's pretty clear that he's doing just that.

    Some Browns fans are so beaten down by the losing that they act like they want more of the same pain because that's what you're asking for when you call for Hue Jackson to be fired, and if Hue gets fired because of all your clamoring, you'll get what you deserve.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @osiris said:

    For those that watched the last game, the announcers mentioned that they had been in Berea and that the morale and spirit of everyone there was not that of an 0-12 football team. I've heard similar comments from other media people and the players themselves. Everyone is positive because they feel like they are building something and more importantly because Hue Jackson keeps a positive spirit and gets more determined with every loss. He doesn't give up like Pettine and Co. did.

    Nothing more than that convinces me that Hue is the right coach for this job. We were never going to win a lot of games this year. Bill Bilichick maybe squeezes a couple out of this roster. The real barometer for Hue's success isn't wins and losses this year, but if he can steer the ship through the shit storm without losing his team's respect, and it's pretty clear that he's doing just that.

    Some Browns fans are so beaten down by the losing that they act like they want more of the same pain because that's what you're asking for when you call for Hue Jackson to be fired, and if Hue gets fired because of all your clamoring, you'll get what you deserve.

    Great post, both as far as the job Hue's done morale-wise and the fate of our team if we fire him.

    I can't imagine what it feels like being part of an 0-13 football team. Keeping everyone positive through that kind of storm is a coaching positive all in itself, and Hue seems to have done that. Mud has talked about how all the losing might allow a culture to set in, which would lock the losing in place. Hue seems like the best guy to prevent that from happening.

    Through it all, I'm exciting about our direction.

  • Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    Now your agenda is becoming even more clear. You like coaching searches more than actually winning.

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    Now your agenda is becoming even more clear. You like coaching searches more than actually winning.

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    @wargograw said:

    Now your agenda is becoming even more clear. You like coaching searches more than actually winning.

    I'm actually not against that statement. I do enjoy the hunt for talent at all levels 🙂. This is likely why I follow the draft/ncaa football and the endless coaching changes around the league every year because projecting landing spots of talent is always fun 🙂

    but lets be honest with eachother the morning after a good win on sunday is something we can all look foward too

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't think "getting it"...the structure... is the issue....it is having faith in the ability of the occupants of that structure. Or disagreeing with their tactic of stripping this team down to look like that statue a couple of posts above, then trying to recloth it using grass clippings and moss scrapings

    It is when folks think Sashi is the guy who decides who we draft.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    It is when folks think Sashi is the guy who decides who we draft.

    Who is it you think DOES make the final decision? assuming its not Jimmy..... Berry? Sorry, no, I think Berry et al make the reccomendations and Sashi pulls the final trigger.

    If not...then why does he have the fucking job title.

  • Look at what they've given Hue to work with. I can't believe some of you guys are calling for his head when he hardly has any players. Most of these guys wouldn't be on practice squads elsewhere.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Look at what they've given Hue to work with. I can't believe some of you guys are calling for his head when he hardly has any players. Most of these guys wouldn't be on practice squads elsewhere.

    Hue Jackson is responsible for the 2016 draft that passed on the top 14 players to get more mediocre players. He owns this team! Kessler in the third still makes me cringe!

    Hue must not be fired though! He should be forced to coach these guys another year! He picked them; let him coach them.

  • Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    There have been ZERO rumors of Harbaugh coming here as head coach. The rumors of him taking over the Rams just surfaced over the weekend and that train is picking up speed now that Fisher has been shit canned.

  • Everybody, I mean everybody, expected a terrible season possibly the worst in history. Now all of a sudden everybody is shocked that it's coming to pass. I don't touch anything if I own the team. I would be tempted to shitcan the defensive coordinator because he sucked on so many times for so many years but if I'm going to give the rest of the team a break as they come together slowly I guess I can cut Ray Horton some slack. Falling apart at the end of the game winded and giving up points is kind of his MO though.

    WSS

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Everybody, I mean everybody, expected a terrible season possibly the worst in history. Now all of a sudden everybody is shocked that it's coming to pass. I don't touch anything if I own the team. I would be tempted to shitcan the defensive coordinator because he sucked on so many times for so many years but if I'm going to give the rest of the team a break as they come together slowly I guess I can cut Ray Horton some slack. Falling apart at the end of the game winded and giving up points is kind of his MO though.

    WSS

    Exactly. And one thing that I've seen from this team is that it's a team that hasn't quit despite how bad the season has been and I credit the coach for that.

  • Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Fisher as DC and Harbaugh as HC? 😁

    there have been some rumors that Harbaugh is headed to either Cleveland or the Rams this offseason

    I doubt he's leaving Michigan anytime soon- for about $9 million reasons. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17892134/michigan-wolverines-coach-jim-harbaugh-salary-tops-list-college-football-coaches More than any NFL coach, including Belichick. He's got lifetime job security there too.

    @mark-o said:

    There have been ZERO rumors of Harbaugh coming here as head coach. The rumors of him taking over the Rams just surfaced over the weekend and that train is picking up speed now that Fisher has been shit canned.

    Just like Goff, & the billion + pleasure palace, old Kroneke wants to make another splash. Better open your wallet Stan, Jim might start to get interested @ around $15 million, and a chunk of the team.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It is when folks think Sashi is the guy who decides who we draft.

    Who is it you think DOES make the final decision? assuming its not Jimmy..... Berry? Sorry, no, I think Berry et al make the reccomendations and Sashi pulls the final trigger.

    If not...then why does he have the fucking job title.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Harbaugh will wear out his welcome in Ann Arbor... just not this soon.

    And no way he leaves before he beats Urban and the Bucks...

    @the-gipper said:

    Who is it you think DOES make the final decision? assuming its not Jimmy..... Berry? Sorry, no, I think Berry et al make the reccomendations and Sashi pulls the final trigger.

    If not...then why does he have the fucking job title.

    I written it up at least twice, Gip.... and posted at least two articles on it back when the FO was formed.

    That means you've read about it at least once and likely all four times.

    If you need a refresher, site search "consensus"... it's not a very common word around here.

  • Harbaugh will wear out his welcome in Ann Arbor... just not this soon.

    And no way he leaves before he beats Urban and the Bucks...

    @the-gipper said:

    Who is it you think DOES make the final decision? assuming its not Jimmy..... Berry? Sorry, no, I think Berry et al make the reccomendations and Sashi pulls the final trigger.

    If not...then why does he have the fucking job title.

    I written it up at least twice, Gip.... and posted at least two articles on it back when the FO was formed.

    That means you've read about it at least once and likely all four times.

    If you need a refresher, site search "consensus"... it's not a very common word around here.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Harbaugh will wear out his welcome in Ann Arbor... just not this soon.

    And no way he leaves before he beats Urban and the Bucks...

    I written it up at least twice, Gip.... and posted at least two articles on it back when the FO was formed.

    That means you've read about it at least once and likely all four times.

    If you need a refresher, site search "consensus"... it's not a very common word around here.

    Why don't you just can the hubris and tell us. I have written things numberous times and I bet you don't remember every word I have ever said.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Harbaugh will wear out his welcome in Ann Arbor... just not this soon.

    And no way he leaves before he beats Urban and the Bucks...

    I written it up at least twice, Gip.... and posted at least two articles on it back when the FO was formed.

    That means you've read about it at least once and likely all four times.

    If you need a refresher, site search "consensus"... it's not a very common word around here.

    Why don't you just can the hubris and tell us. I have written things numberous times and I bet you don't remember every word I have ever said.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @the-gipper said:

    Why don't you just can the hubris and tell us. I have written things numberous times and I bet you don't remember every word I have ever said.

    😁

    For good reason Gipper.

    And for the record I prefer fresh or frozen hubris.

    WSS

  • Harbaugh will wear out his welcome in Ann Arbor... just not this soon.

    And no way he leaves before he beats Urban and the Bucks...

    @the-gipper said:

    Who is it you think DOES make the final decision? assuming its not Jimmy..... Berry? Sorry, no, I think Berry et al make the reccomendations and Sashi pulls the final trigger.

    If not...then why does he have the fucking job title.

    I written it up at least twice, Gip.... and posted at least two articles on it back when the FO was formed.

    That means you've read about it at least once and likely all four times.

    If you need a refresher, site search "consensus"... it's not a very common word around here.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If you need a refresher, site search "consensus"... it's not a very common word around here.

    Ha!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why don't you just can the hubris and tell us. I have written things numberous times and I bet you don't remember every word I have ever said.

    😁

    For good reason Gipper.

    And for the record I prefer fresh or frozen hubris.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    😁

    For good reason Gipper.

    And for the record I prefer fresh or frozen hubris.

    WSS

    Right....like Shakespeare I am prolific.