Skip to content

Orchard moving to DE Kirksey to OLB

The Browns Board
72 16 2.3k
  • Well, no matter what.....I dont see this coming down to Nassib vs Orchard, when it comes to a roster spot....personally, I see them both well above the 53 man cutoff line....

    Here's how Id like to see it go....last year we kept 15 LB's and DL's.......basically 7 LB's and 8 Dl....

    Considering we are going 4-3 and will be in a nickle much of the time(2 LB), I say we flip flop our #'s and keep only 6 LB's and 9 up front.....if we do this, it should easily create a role(and space) for Orchard, who can play both sides of that equation and THAT would afford the Browns an opportunity to evaluate a second round pick who's only played a hand full of games....

    Stunned that so many people feel Orchard has so little to offer and can easily let him go, w/o even giving him the opportunity to show it...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @mudfly said:

    Well, no matter what.....I dont see this coming down to Nassib vs Orchard, when it comes to a roster spot....personally, I see them both well above the 53 man cutoff line....

    Here's how Id like to see it go....last year we kept 15 LB's and DL's.......basically 7 LB's and 8 Dl....

    Considering we are going 4-3 and will be in a nickle much of the time(2 LB), I say we flip flop our #'s and keep only 6 LB's and 9 up front.....if we do this, it should easily create a role(and space) for Orchard, who can play both sides of that equation and THAT would afford the Browns an opportunity to evaluate a second round pick who's only played a hand full of games....

    Stunned that so many people feel Orchard has so little to offer and can easily let him go, w/o even giving him the opportunity to show it...

    Good stuff. Like you, I think Orchard has a lot of exactly what we need so I'm glad Greg Williams pov will count most in this one.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #64

    I agree with all of you above. Orchard into the DE slot provides the depth we need with speed, which is what Williams wants in order to put quick pressure on QB's. It's gonna be a fun year to watch this D come together as a far better functioning unit than has been in Cleveland for many years. As ole Shaky once said, "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war." Woof Woof! 😁

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #65

    I was so so on orchard even before we let horton go. I saw an avg to slightly above avg 3-4 olb'er, he didnt stand out me on pass rushing nor edge protection

  • @the-gipper said:

    @mudfly said:

    .........because this FO put their guys in well before they earned the position......Schobert did nothing, yet was rewarded with a starting position(which he promptly lost to a UDFA we had already cut, then "needed" to re-sign.....

    Who was that?

    Cam Johnson.....cut, then signed in week 4 and then installed as starter over Schobert.....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @mudfly said:

    Cam Johnson.....cut, then signed in week 4 and then installed as starter over Schobert.....

    On the Depth Charts I have seen for this year, Schobert is still listed as starter....though I get what you say.

  • @mudfly said:

    Cam Johnson.....cut, then signed in week 4 and then installed as starter over Schobert.....

    On the Depth Charts I have seen for this year, Schobert is still listed as starter....though I get what you say.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @the-gipper said:

    On the Depth Charts I have seen for this year, Schobert is still listed as starter....though I get what you say.

    Yeah....I see that, but he isnt....and wasnt.....the starter, but for 4 games, early in the season. Those same depth charts also have Cam Erving as our starting RT and all show a 3-4 defensive alignment(which would include an extra linebacker(Schobert?)....

    some still have Barny as our TE....none show Peppers.....many have Ogbah at LB......(so they cant be trusted....just guess work on all of em)

    so, my guess works is we will play mostly 4-3...with Kirksey/Davis/Collins......or nickle with only collins/kirksey.......

  • @the-gipper said:

    On the Depth Charts I have seen for this year, Schobert is still listed as starter....though I get what you say.

    Yeah....I see that, but he isnt....and wasnt.....the starter, but for 4 games, early in the season. Those same depth charts also have Cam Erving as our starting RT and all show a 3-4 defensive alignment(which would include an extra linebacker(Schobert?)....

    some still have Barny as our TE....none show Peppers.....many have Ogbah at LB......(so they cant be trusted....just guess work on all of em)

    so, my guess works is we will play mostly 4-3...with Kirksey/Davis/Collins......or nickle with only collins/kirksey.......

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah....I see that, but he isnt....and wasnt.....the starter, but for 4 games, early in the season. Those same depth charts also have Cam Erving as our starting RT and all show a 3-4 defensive alignment(which would include an extra linebacker(Schobert?)....

    some still have Barny as our TE....none show Peppers.....many have Ogbah at LB......(so they cant be trusted....just guess work on all of em)

    so, my guess works is we will play mostly 4-3...with Kirksey/Davis/Collins......or nickle with only collins/kirksey.......

    I generally just look at Ourlads....which is usually pretty accurate and up to date. The official Browns site does not yet post a depth chart. The only thing Ourlads does is the Browns in a 4-3...but I am sure that would change once the TC starts.

  • Well, no matter what.....I dont see this coming down to Nassib vs Orchard, when it comes to a roster spot....personally, I see them both well above the 53 man cutoff line....

    Here's how Id like to see it go....last year we kept 15 LB's and DL's.......basically 7 LB's and 8 Dl....

    Considering we are going 4-3 and will be in a nickle much of the time(2 LB), I say we flip flop our #'s and keep only 6 LB's and 9 up front.....if we do this, it should easily create a role(and space) for Orchard, who can play both sides of that equation and THAT would afford the Browns an opportunity to evaluate a second round pick who's only played a hand full of games....

    Stunned that so many people feel Orchard has so little to offer and can easily let him go, w/o even giving him the opportunity to show it...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @mudfly said:

    Well, no matter what.....I dont see this coming down to Nassib vs Orchard, when it comes to a roster spot....personally, I see them both well above the 53 man cutoff line....

    ...and I think that Nassib is basically useless. Starting NFL tackles smother him. He was lucky to make 1 tackle a game last year.

    Now, I suppose that it IS possible that he put on a ton of weight & muscle since last season.

    Can he throw the ball? He be a good sized QB.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Another take on our DL/Competition ftor he 3-tech, DT slot...

    Cleveland Browns: Answering the question at 3-technique

    by Peter Smith 1 day ago


    Every starting defensive line position is set with the exception of the 3-tech, but it’s pretty clear how the Cleveland Browns want things to shake out there.

    https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/04/cleveland-browns-answering-3-tech-question/

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Good article. I'm betting on the retention of greater #'s on the DL so we can pressure on the same level all game long.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #72

    His articles are (for me at least) always well written and informative