Skip to content

Joe tore his tricep....

The Browns Board
105 29 2.7k
  • @clevfan4life said:

    Thats so wrong ghoolie. I understand to an extent ur gripe about not having playmakers but JT was one of the greatest browns in history and he never left. Telling him to run along? Cmon dude

    It’s really sad being subject to the cycles of Ghoolie’s life. Guy’s grieving and we get nice Ghoolie. Browns fan Ghoolie. He starts to recover and the worthless poster comes out. Really weird. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @wargograw said:

    It’s really sad being subject to the cycles of Ghoolie’s life. Guy’s grieving and we get nice Ghoolie. Browns fan Ghoolie. He starts to recover and the worthless poster comes out. Really weird. 

    Dude,

    I am not spewing hate and venom.  I have a strong opinion of Joe Thomas. Just because this pizzes you off doesn't mean it is disruptive or not valid. I have asked you guys over and over, demonstrate to me in terms of numbers where JT has improved the Browns. That is football talk, dude. Joe Thomas is not sacred. That i think he was a waste of a pick and a non-issue isn't being negative, it isn't trolling, and it isn't at all unacceptable for this forum. I just don't revere this guy. I don't see im as anythign special and frankly, I am glad his career in Cleveland is over. 

    Enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He has absolutely no impact on the Browns future There is a football game Sunday. That's where the focus should be.

  • @wargograw said:

    This. 

    Ikr? These same asshats would have gad wentz's picture up next to weedons by midseason with the caption "really? did none of us see this coming?"

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #89

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? These same asshats would have gad wentz's picture up next to weedons by midseason with the caption "really? did none of us see this coming?"

    No way... no one gets near my Wheezy shrine! Book It!

    The ginger was beyond special.

  • @ghoolie said:

    . Joe Thomas truly was a waste of a high draft pick. He did nothing to impact the Browns fortunes.

    Ur gripe shouldve about every high pick we missed on since joes draft. Picking joe wasnt the problem, it was every draft after that where we missed on everything.

    joes 2007 draft had peterson and lynch available, but how good would they have been on clevelands perennially bad o line? Calvin johnson was in that class but he went before our pick. Its hard to fault the browns for taking jt. If johnson were available maybe that changes. But thank god we didnt have the #1 or we would have drafted jamarcus

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #90

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ur gripe shouldve about every high pick we missed on since joes draft. Picking joe wasnt the problem, it was every draft after that where we missed on everything.

    joes 2007 draft had peterson and lynch available, but how good would they have been on clevelands perennially bad o line? Calvin johnson was in that class but he went before our pick. Its hard to fault the browns for taking jt. If johnson were available maybe that changes. But thank god we didnt have the #1 or we would have drafted jamarcus

    What screwed that draft was trading up with Dallas- and taking Brady Quinn. 😆 The second rounder ( we gave the Cowboys) that year could have been Steve Smith. And if you really want to puke, go take a look at the talent we could have had with our first round pick in 2008 that we gave the 'Pokes in the Quinn trade. 

    It's not like we haven't tried drafting QBs- we've just had an incredible string of bad luck drafting the wrong ones high. Besides the (Not) Mighty Quinn, Wee-Done, Party Animal. I greatly fear Kizer Wilhelm will be joining the list on the second row of the jersey. . Instead of Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers. Before Ghoolie opens his yap- I was all about the Ben and Wentz trains. 

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #91

    The patriots picked their LT in the first round and proceeded to win 2 superbowls.  Calling Joe Thomas a bad pick because no one was able to provide him with a QB worth protecting is horribly shortsighted. Over ten years blocking for trash QBs, that’s the problem. If the Browns had drafted Julio Jones, the Browns would still be trash right now because we’d have no one to deliver the ball consistently. Julio would’ve made for a few fun highlights, but not many wins if any. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #92

    And the Ghoolie so many of you chose to use the "ignore" option is slowly, but surely coming back.

    Who would have ever predicted this...😒

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Didnt joe thomas go to like 30 straight pro bowls? Hasnt he been a top 3 LT for the same amount of years? Isnt he considered a first ballot shoe in or do i gavevthat wrong? I mean geez, i dont know why we kept the bum around for so long

  • @wargograw said:

    This. 

    Ikr? These same asshats would have gad wentz's picture up next to weedons by midseason with the caption "really? did none of us see this coming?"

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? These same asshats would have gad wentz's picture up next to weedons by midseason with the caption "really? did none of us see this coming?"

    Merica.

    B2C39C2F-10FC-42E3-AEE7-DAB1DF042BCE.jpeg

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? These same asshats would have gad wentz's picture up next to weedons by midseason with the caption "really? did none of us see this coming?"

    Merica.

    B2C39C2F-10FC-42E3-AEE7-DAB1DF042BCE.jpeg

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @canton-dawg said:

    Merica.

    ... and Pugs?

  • And the Ghoolie so many of you chose to use the "ignore" option is slowly, but surely coming back.

    Who would have ever predicted this...😒

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the Ghoolie so many of you chose to use the "ignore" option is slowly, but surely coming back.

    Who would have ever predicted this...😒

    Look dude, again, there is nothing vile or unfair about my post. I don't like Joe Thomas. I believe he was a waste of a draft pick, I don't believe he added jack squat to the Browns, and................ 1 - 22 pretty much says, he was a waste of a drat pick. Surely a playmaker would have helped us win a few games, yes?

    Again, you are pizzed off because you hate it that I am blasting this guy, BUt I am asking you in FOOTBALL terms................please, demonstrate to me in your precious analytics how JT improved the Browns. If you are telling me I am stupid for expecting that a future Hall Of Famer should have changed the fortune of his team, then I don't know what to tell you.

    It would be interesting to look at offensive output BEFORE JT and after JT.

  • @wargograw said:

    It’s really sad being subject to the cycles of Ghoolie’s life. Guy’s grieving and we get nice Ghoolie. Browns fan Ghoolie. He starts to recover and the worthless poster comes out. Really weird. 

    Dude,

    I am not spewing hate and venom.  I have a strong opinion of Joe Thomas. Just because this pizzes you off doesn't mean it is disruptive or not valid. I have asked you guys over and over, demonstrate to me in terms of numbers where JT has improved the Browns. That is football talk, dude. Joe Thomas is not sacred. That i think he was a waste of a pick and a non-issue isn't being negative, it isn't trolling, and it isn't at all unacceptable for this forum. I just don't revere this guy. I don't see im as anythign special and frankly, I am glad his career in Cleveland is over. 

    Enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He has absolutely no impact on the Browns future There is a football game Sunday. That's where the focus should be.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @ghoolie said:

    Dude,

    I am not spewing hate and venom.  I have a strong opinion of Joe Thomas. Just because this pizzes you off doesn't mean it is disruptive or not valid. I have asked you guys over and over, demonstrate to me in terms of numbers where JT has improved the Browns. That is football talk, dude. Joe Thomas is not sacred. That i think he was a waste of a pick and a non-issue isn't being negative, it isn't trolling, and it isn't at all unacceptable for this forum. I just don't revere this guy. I don't see im as anythign special and frankly, I am glad his career in Cleveland is over. 

    Enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He has absolutely no impact on the Browns future There is a football game Sunday. That's where the focus should be.

    Yeah, you’re trying to walk it back now that I’ve called you out. But you’re degenerating into same ole worthless Ghoolie. 

  • Didnt joe thomas go to like 30 straight pro bowls? Hasnt he been a top 3 LT for the same amount of years? Isnt he considered a first ballot shoe in or do i gavevthat wrong? I mean geez, i dont know why we kept the bum around for so long

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #98

    @clevfan4life said:

    Didnt joe thomas go to like 30 straight pro bowls? 

    10 pro bowls..6 1st Team All Pro..167 straight NFL Games..10363 straight career snaps..

     Expected Full Recovery... we will get closer to talking about Football during the off-season.7-9 month heal.Good Luck JT#73   

  • @ghoolie said:

    Dude,

    I am not spewing hate and venom.  I have a strong opinion of Joe Thomas. Just because this pizzes you off doesn't mean it is disruptive or not valid. I have asked you guys over and over, demonstrate to me in terms of numbers where JT has improved the Browns. That is football talk, dude. Joe Thomas is not sacred. That i think he was a waste of a pick and a non-issue isn't being negative, it isn't trolling, and it isn't at all unacceptable for this forum. I just don't revere this guy. I don't see im as anythign special and frankly, I am glad his career in Cleveland is over. 

    Enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He has absolutely no impact on the Browns future There is a football game Sunday. That's where the focus should be.

    Yeah, you’re trying to walk it back now that I’ve called you out. But you’re degenerating into same ole worthless Ghoolie. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah, you’re trying to walk it back now that I’ve called you out. But you’re degenerating into same ole worthless Ghoolie. 

    Dude, I am not walking anything back. Joe Thomas has been an ineffective piece of baloney. He was a waste of a high pick, he has not favorably impacted the Browns in any measurable capacity.Give the attacks on me a rest. I don't like Joe Thomas, there is nothing irritating about my saying that.....only to people like you who idolize this guy.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Didnt joe thomas go to like 30 straight pro bowls? 

    10 pro bowls..6 1st Team All Pro..167 straight NFL Games..10363 straight career snaps..

     Expected Full Recovery... we will get closer to talking about Football during the off-season.7-9 month heal.Good Luck JT#73   

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    10 pro bowls..6 1st Team All Pro..167 straight NFL Games..10363 straight career snaps..

     Expected Full Recovery... we will get closer to talking about Football during the off-season.7-9 month heal.Good Luck JT#73   

    hope he recovers fully. Hope we trade him. Time to move on.

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    Pro Bowls. WOW.............. Do those appearances relate to winning by any chance?

  • @ghoolie said:

    Those teams had playmakers, They didn't have the total vacuum of playmakers the Browns did. TOTALLY different issue.

    Ur right ghoolie but the feeling in the nfl usually is that everything stsrts with the qb. Sonu can have calvin johnson on the team and it doesnt mean Sheet if the qb is on his butt 2 sec after the snap. 

    Joe didnt have much of  an impact because the rest of the line was habitual garbage. Teams just moved their primary edge rushers to the right side. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ur right ghoolie but the feeling in the nfl usually is that everything stsrts with the qb. Sonu can have calvin johnson on the team and it doesnt mean Sheet if the qb is on his butt 2 sec after the snap. 

    Joe didnt have much of  an impact because the rest of the line was habitual garbage. Teams just moved their primary edge rushers to the right side. 

    I really don't want to beat this dead horse. They guy gave his best, and he is injured, so I hope he recovers 100%. I am just not all gooey over this guy. I really think he was one dimensional and actually hurt the running game by not being a powerful run blocker. So, am I to believe that no other NFL team has a great LT or that this position takes a lifetime to fill? I just don't buy it. Joe was an average athlete who had lucky breaks with longevity.

    Let's get back to players who actually can make a difference.

  • Pro Bowls. WOW.............. Do those appearances relate to winning by any chance?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Pro Bowls. WOW.............. Do those appearances relate to winning by any chance?

    Yes, they often do.   But obviously there are some exceptions when you have a great player but the rest of the team sucks.  And, of course, you knew that.  You were just being disingenuous with your comment. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Ghoolie you are wrong on this subject. You said the top teams in NFL dont waste top picks on OL.

    Well, here is the list of just 1st round OL with good teams recently. There will be a few that were 1st round picks and switched teams, but they still were 1sr rounders that helped their team succeed.

    Atlanta: Jake Matthews, Alex Mack

    Carolina Panthers: Matt Kalil

    Dallas Cowboys: Zach Martin, Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith

    Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga

    New England Patriots: Nate Solder

    Philadelphia Eagles: Lane Johnson (just look at Wentz W-L record with and without him),

    Pittsburgh Steelers: David Decastro, Maurkice Pouncey

    Seattle Seahawks: Russell Okung

    That is just since Joe Thomas was drafted. There has been a few 2nd rounders as well who turned into Pro Bowlers for competing teams.

    I could have missed someone as I dont know every teams lineman

    Those teams had playmakers, They didn't have the total vacuum of playmakers the Browns did. TOTALLY different issue.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Those teams had playmakers, They didn't have the total vacuum of playmakers the Browns did. TOTALLY different issue.

    No sir. Browns dont have playmakers that part is true. But what YOU said is teams can and do win with low round linemen. You even said some one without any high round linemen.

    Just admit it, you were caught saying something wrong

  • @wargograw said:

    Yeah, you’re trying to walk it back now that I’ve called you out. But you’re degenerating into same ole worthless Ghoolie. 

    Dude, I am not walking anything back. Joe Thomas has been an ineffective piece of baloney. He was a waste of a high pick, he has not favorably impacted the Browns in any measurable capacity.Give the attacks on me a rest. I don't like Joe Thomas, there is nothing irritating about my saying that.....only to people like you who idolize this guy.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Dude, I am not walking anything back. Joe Thomas has been an ineffective piece of baloney. He was a waste of a high pick, he has not favorably impacted the Browns in any measurable capacity.Give the attacks on me a rest. I don't like Joe Thomas, there is nothing irritating about my saying that.....only to people like you who idolize this guy.

    Lol. You know nothing. I have been at the forefront of the trade him train for several years now. I just don't have to go out of my way to be a complete jerk about it.