Skip to content

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

The Browns Board
254 26 9.7k
  • @mld-woody said:

    Also, we just drafted a handful of DT's. I doubt we go  after Mo.

    I doubt tia's evaluation are based upon which positions we are likely to draft. He just likes doing evaluations.... albeit probably with some positions preferred over others.

    @tiamat63 said:

    No one system of evaluation is perfect, they all have their faults.  Which is why I feel it's so important to use all of them as an all encompassing tool to one's advantage. 

    Agree... I look as well at various grades, rankings. It's nice when they "validate" my takes, but I don't sweat it when they don't. In either case understanding why, if discernible, they do or don't agree with my take can be useful.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I doubt tia's evaluation are based upon which positions we are likely to draft. He just likes doing evaluations.... albeit probably with some positions preferred over others.

    I was responding to someone else there, not Tia. I know his evaluations aren't influenced by the Browns need

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Saw the Barkley and Sutton has a camp thread...   

    I've got one on deck that isn't going to please that crowd.  

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    On deck...

    Poona Ford - not easy finding tape on

    and Rasheem Green....  pretty easy starting with the NoD game.

  • On deck...

    Poona Ford - not easy finding tape on

    and Rasheem Green....  pretty easy starting with the NoD game.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    and Rasheem Green..

    Not that it means anything, but he's a name that the FirstPick sym is taking for us more and more when I GM a team other than the Browns. Sym nabs him to start Round 2.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63


    For all those that love Harrison from Stanford and think he's a first rounder....  you should be all means love this kid.  I give you, Poona Ford.  


    Vs Baylor.   I'll use early examples so you don't have to go far into the tape.

    @ 0:16   Makes contact and doesn't let the Center anchor.  Alternates hands on the punch until he gets the rips/swim past.  Good balance and base, keeping his feet under him.    Ford makes this play.  

    @0:45    0Tech heads up, draws double, still has play strength to hold his ground.

    @0:55    Eyes up, good pad and balance level, timing feet and hands,  reads mesh point and attacks QB's upfield shoulder.


    @6:50  1tech shade, fires to inside should of RG and drives too far inside allowing crease.  See's cutback and attempts to roll into lane.   Undiscplined at times.

    - Play strength   
    - Good hand usage 
    - Balance and footwork sync
    - Maintains low center and pad level keeping interior lineman from getting under him.


    Consistently holds point against doubles and walks back centers.
    You don't see him extending out over his base much.  Decent arm length allows him to keep interior lineman from getting hands into him.  Also doesn't fire into lineman off base very often, but when he does allows himself to be out leveraged and turned inside/outside.    Flows well laterally when aligned outside shade of guard because of adequate wingspan and awareness.  


    I've watched VS. Baylor, TCU, halfway through the WVU game and I want to re-watch the USC game as well.    In this small sample size the trends haven't really changed video to video (yet)  No Jeckyll and Hyde play style to my eye.   Good motor, strong interior player.      I'll have more examples the more I watch but I plan on getting his entire 2017 season in.  So far, I really like what I see.    I'll have more on him later.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    and Rasheem Green..

    Not that it means anything, but he's a name that the FirstPick sym is taking for us more and more when I GM a team other than the Browns. Sym nabs him to start Round 2.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Not that it means anything, but he's a name that the FirstPick sym is taking for us more and more when I GM a team other than the Browns. Sym nabs him to start Round 2.

    I watched the NoD game, vs Texas and then Colorado.  Wasn't impressed enough to watch much further.   Saw an eval that compares him to Carlos Dunlap...        size wise - perhaps.  In terms of play strength, first step and availability to make a year 1 impact?  Didn't see it flash at any point really. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    I failed to give credit to where it's due - but the Texas defense this past season was good.   Very good, in fact.  Their putrid offense is what held them down and I feel the other side of the ball became very overlooked because of that.     Seeing Ford's name tossed around has me wanting to earmark Elliot (DB) for some watching.      

    Ford was a big reason for that success.

    - time and time again he consistently wins when getting 1 on 1's with the center

    - continues to show quickness shooting into a gap and flashes ability as a pass rusher to go along with and interior plugger

    - his early down work really allowed the Longhorn defense to be flexible in their fronts including a light box count to play against the more "wide open" b12 offenses

    - lateral pursuit for his size reminds me of Jurrel Casey and Geno Atkins at times

    Do me a solid and at least watch half.     I like this kid every more every time I watch and re-watch him.   Want to take a better look at the WVU and maybe even chart some snaps, but work is a callin'....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The plus I see is how he disrupts OL flow in ZBS... and he does that fairly consistently. But honestly... otherwise I'm not seeing much.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    I've been watching some Nick Chubb film, and totally wouldn't mind seeing him in a Browns uniform this season.

  • I've been watching some Nick Chubb film, and totally wouldn't mind seeing him in a Browns uniform this season.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    I've been watching some Nick Chubb film, and totally wouldn't mind seeing him in a Browns uniform this season.

    Did you compare his pre-injury tape with post-injury? Not quite the same back.......................yet. I think those things take a couple of years to regain pre-injury form, so in the long run he may be a better back that we last saw. Sony Michel was playing better than he at the end of this year, but Chubb was still the starter. I'd take either one but I'd also be happy with Guice.

  • The plus I see is how he disrupts OL flow in ZBS... and he does that fairly consistently. But honestly... otherwise I'm not seeing much.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    The plus I see is how he disrupts OL flow in ZBS... and he does that fairly consistently. But honestly... otherwise I'm not seeing much.

    I did notice the ZBS attacks being his discipline against the lateral game...    of course that could also be mistaken for lazy defense.

    Going to have to differ with you a bit here, I think Ford could be a late round gem in time.  

  • @sd_tom said:

    I've been watching some Nick Chubb film, and totally wouldn't mind seeing him in a Browns uniform this season.

    Did you compare his pre-injury tape with post-injury? Not quite the same back.......................yet. I think those things take a couple of years to regain pre-injury form, so in the long run he may be a better back that we last saw. Sony Michel was playing better than he at the end of this year, but Chubb was still the starter. I'd take either one but I'd also be happy with Guice.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Did you compare his pre-injury tape with post-injury? Not quite the same back.......................yet. I think those things take a couple of years to regain pre-injury form, so in the long run he may be a better back that we last saw. Sony Michel was playing better than he at the end of this year, but Chubb was still the starter. I'd take either one but I'd also be happy with Guice.

    I just watched his 2017 stuff.  Guice might be gone by the time the Browns pick in rd 2.

    I think most of this group (Penny, Chubb, Jones,  Michel,  and Johnson)  will be there in rd 2.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Did you compare his pre-injury tape with post-injury? Not quite the same back.......................yet. I think those things take a couple of years to regain pre-injury form, so in the long run he may be a better back that we last saw. Sony Michel was playing better than he at the end of this year, but Chubb was still the starter. I'd take either one but I'd also be happy with Guice.

    I just watched his 2017 stuff.  Guice might be gone by the time the Browns pick in rd 2.

    I think most of this group (Penny, Chubb, Jones,  Michel,  and Johnson)  will be there in rd 2.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    I just watched his 2017 stuff.  Guice might be gone by the time the Browns pick in rd 2.

    I think most of this group (Penny, Chubb, Jones,  Michel,  and Johnson)  will be there in rd 2.

    I agree. And of the remaining I would take Michel. But as soon as Guice goes we will have to trade up into the 1st to get him. He won't be there if Guice goes by 20-24 or so. With so many FA's sighed we don't need all those late rounders anyway. Use 'em for trade up.

  • @tour2ma said:

    The plus I see is how he disrupts OL flow in ZBS... and he does that fairly consistently. But honestly... otherwise I'm not seeing much.

    I did notice the ZBS attacks being his discipline against the lateral game...    of course that could also be mistaken for lazy defense.

    Going to have to differ with you a bit here, I think Ford could be a late round gem in time.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Going to have to differ with you a bit here, I think Ford could be a late round gem in time.  

    Vive la difference!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Going to have to differ with you a bit here, I think Ford could be a late round gem in time.  

    Vive la difference!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Vive la difference!

    We have our agreement on our #1 QB for the first time in our mutual tenure' on this board.     I was happy enough to consider that a victory.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Vive la difference!

    We have our agreement on our #1 QB for the first time in our mutual tenure' on this board.     I was happy enough to consider that a victory.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    We have our agreement on our #1 QB for the first time in our mutual tenure' on this board.     I was happy enough to consider that a victory.  

    Why don't you guys volunteer to bring the slip up to the Commish on draft night. No one but Dorsey will know what happened.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    We have our agreement on our #1 QB for the first time in our mutual tenure' on this board.     I was happy enough to consider that a victory.  

    Why don't you guys volunteer to bring the slip up to the Commish on draft night. No one but Dorsey will know what happened.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Why don't you guys volunteer to bring the slip up to the Commish on draft night. No one but Dorsey will know what happened.

    Not a bad point there.  Hit the runner with the ol' ninja nitsu sleeper hold and put on a brown blazer...     we could make it work.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Why don't you guys volunteer to bring the slip up to the Commish on draft night. No one but Dorsey will know what happened.

    Not a bad point there.  Hit the runner with the ol' ninja nitsu sleeper hold and put on a brown blazer...     we could make it work.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not a bad point there.  Hit the runner with the ol' ninja nitsu sleeper hold and put on a brown blazer...     we could make it work.  

    Yeah Tour understands the intricacies of double team blocking after all.😉

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Not a bad point there.  Hit the runner with the ol' ninja nitsu sleeper hold and put on a brown blazer...     we could make it work.  

    Yeah Tour understands the intricacies of double team blocking after all.😉

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah Tour understands the intricacies of double team blocking after all.😉

    Maybe I'll just ask Dorsey politely, kind of like how Woody did with coach Williams and got Peppers last year.   

    #notbitteroranything

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah Tour understands the intricacies of double team blocking after all.😉

    Maybe I'll just ask Dorsey politely, kind of like how Woody did with coach Williams and got Peppers last year.   

    #notbitteroranything

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Maybe I'll just ask Dorsey politely, kind of like how Woody did with coach Williams and got Peppers last year.   

    #notbitteroranything

    You just need to build the type of rapport with him like I did with Williams. The type of bonding that only comes from taking with him at the Auto Show

    Sadly, they weren't there this year, or I would have brought up Hurst. (who PFF mocked to us at #4)