Josh Rosen?
-
You'd think short QBs with obvious maturity issues who play in the Big 12 would be red flags too...
-
Reports about character from 2016 mean pretty much nothing. Any questions from outliers were before this season started, not during or after.Â
The biggest concerns from ucla fans are his injuries sustained at ucla, and that he'll be on a team like the Browns. Nobody mentions anything about attitude or character issues. It's nonsenseÂ
Keep in mind, there are certain scouts who said bosa would be average at best. He's too slow, already maxed out in technique... Etc.Â
NonsenseÂ
I mean there was nerve injury in the shoulder but Rosen said it wasn't a big deal. Some scouts think it is. Mora said it wasn't too. I'm sure they'd find out if it isn't the case.
Rosen is a better physical NFL-ready QB specimen then Mayfield, and like I said before they both have character concerns, but seriously man, a QB needs to be a leader.... Why these character concerns don't matter to you I don't understand.
Had everyone of told me Rosen has no character concerns I would say take him #1, now. But after the massive amount of people that told me every NFL team needs to stay far away from him, obviously I have to be skeptical. I guess you also think Manziel's character concern's were "nonsense". That worked out for us well.
I mean there was nerve injury in the shoulder but Rosen said it wasn't a big deal. Some scouts think it is. Mora said it wasn't too. I'm sure they'd find out if it isn't the case.
Rosen is a better physical NFL-ready QB specimen then Mayfield, and like I said before they both have character concerns, but seriously man, a QB needs to be a leader.... Why these character concerns don't matter to you I don't understand.
Had everyone of told me Rosen has no character concerns I would say take him #1, now. But after the massive amount of people that told me every NFL team needs to stay far away from him, obviously I have to be skeptical. I guess you also think Manziel's character concern's were "nonsense". That worked out for us well.
I don't get how there's "massive amount of people saying to stay away" I don't find any reports it, other than a few from 2016 or before the 2017 season even started, and even those were more speculating on his immature attitude and leadership than actually critiquing anything about his chances as an NFL QB or how rotten of a teammate he is. I think Aaron Rogers had similar "issues" and he's been ok thus far.Â
Comparing Rosen to Manziel is completely absurd. Off the field... on the field.... they're nothing alike.Â
On the plus side- Rosen is used to playing on a bad team. Mayfield and Darnold? Not so much
-
I mean there was nerve injury in the shoulder but Rosen said it wasn't a big deal. Some scouts think it is. Mora said it wasn't too. I'm sure they'd find out if it isn't the case.
Rosen is a better physical NFL-ready QB specimen then Mayfield, and like I said before they both have character concerns, but seriously man, a QB needs to be a leader.... Why these character concerns don't matter to you I don't understand.
Had everyone of told me Rosen has no character concerns I would say take him #1, now. But after the massive amount of people that told me every NFL team needs to stay far away from him, obviously I have to be skeptical. I guess you also think Manziel's character concern's were "nonsense". That worked out for us well.
I don't get how there's "massive amount of people saying to stay away" I don't find any reports it, other than a few from 2016 or before the 2017 season even started, and even those were more speculating on his immature attitude and leadership than actually critiquing anything about his chances as an NFL QB or how rotten of a teammate he is. I think Aaron Rogers had similar "issues" and he's been ok thus far.Â
Comparing Rosen to Manziel is completely absurd. Off the field... on the field.... they're nothing alike.Â
On the plus side- Rosen is used to playing on a bad team. Mayfield and Darnold? Not so much
Comparing Rosen to Manziel is completely absurd. Off the field... on the field.... they're nothing alike.Â
It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel.Â
https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/
On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more likeÂ
Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.ÂSo let me think for a second, his own college coach compared him to Manziel on the record but we shouldn't?ÂÂAfter his junior year of High School, he was invited to the Elite 11 quarterback camp. It is a huge honor to be selected. The best high school quarterbacks in the country go and are tutored about how to get to the next level by ex and current NFL quarterbacks.
Rosen went to the camp and thought he knew everything already. He did not pay attention during film sessions, and was outright rude to the veteran quarterbacks there. Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was âMy bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.â
He is the son of two wealthy, Ivy-League educated parents. He is very smartâŚbut most people canât stand him.
His dream school was Stanford. Even though he was the #1 high school recruit in the country, after doing a background check on him, Stanford wanted nothing to do with him and did not offer him a scholarship. USC did not recruit him hard for the same reason.
Rosen has a tremendous upside, but many articles and sources indicate, he is also an arrogant jerk.
-
rosen might go the Elway-Manning route and refuse to play for the Browns anyways - just not
the right pick for the Browns - too bad, he certainly has the arm, he just doesn't have the class.
rosen might go the Elway-Manning route and refuse to play for the Browns anyways - just not
the right pick for the Browns - too bad, he certainly has the arm, he just doesn't have the class.
If only your standards were half as high for picking a President...
So...he is not #1 because no one is #1.Â
I heard somewhere that Rudolf is #1.
-
I agree that Rosen is the pocket passer in this class. And while he is not immobile... neither can he be called "mobile."
So in my mind he's the clear #1 as well.
But... if a franchise is looking for mobility in their QB, then I can see them going elsewhere.
I've seen every Rosen snap and his pocket movement is Brady like in terms of being slippery and finding a different launch point. While the "mobile QB" tag may never be slapped on him, he's definitely good enough.
My only concern is wondering what's in his heart.... Does he love football enough to be great at the next level? He's been hard to read on that for all the years I've seen him play. Just when I think "Hell yea, dude is a warrior" then another game pops up where I wondered if he needed a nap at half time..... I just don't know about his motor.Â
I've seen every Rosen snap and his pocket movement is Brady like in terms of being slippery and finding a different launch point. While the "mobile QB" tag may never be slapped on him, he's definitely good enough.
My only concern is wondering what's in his heart.... Does he love football enough to be great at the next level? He's been hard to read on that for all the years I've seen him play. Just when I think "Hell yea, dude is a warrior" then another game pops up where I wondered if he needed a nap at half time..... I just don't know about his motor.
Agree... between the lines he's the best I see. Off-field? I have no way of knowing for sure.
Fortunately we now have a football guy!
-
Comparing Rosen to Manziel is completely absurd. Off the field... on the field.... they're nothing alike.Â
It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel.Â
https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/
On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more likeÂ
Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.ÂSo let me think for a second, his own college coach compared him to Manziel on the record but we shouldn't?ÂÂAfter his junior year of High School, he was invited to the Elite 11 quarterback camp. It is a huge honor to be selected. The best high school quarterbacks in the country go and are tutored about how to get to the next level by ex and current NFL quarterbacks.
Rosen went to the camp and thought he knew everything already. He did not pay attention during film sessions, and was outright rude to the veteran quarterbacks there. Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was âMy bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.â
He is the son of two wealthy, Ivy-League educated parents. He is very smartâŚbut most people canât stand him.
His dream school was Stanford. Even though he was the #1 high school recruit in the country, after doing a background check on him, Stanford wanted nothing to do with him and did not offer him a scholarship. USC did not recruit him hard for the same reason.
Rosen has a tremendous upside, but many articles and sources indicate, he is also an arrogant jerk.
https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/
On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more likeÂ
Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.You really might want to read the entire article since the author ends up questioning the motives of the "anonymous scouts"... and you.
It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel.Â
Sure it is... and I have the game film and arrest records to prove it.
-
I think I can't stand away from the QB discussion anymore.
Every NFL scouting team has its schedule, that goes until the Combine or Pro Days I'd say, in order to set up a board for the draft and approach different prospects in Pro Days, interviews etc. Right now, I bet that they are compiling info and nobody can make a half way decent mock draft simply because not even the GMs have made their mind yet.Â
I don't give too much credit to August news, either. There's a lot of stuff going on the year before the draft, that you can have hundreds of reports going many ways simply because of the many interests that surround the draft. Say that you are the Giants or Denver GM, and pick just after Browns and also need a QB. If you want Rosen you will probably try to minimize his appeal, and if a reporter asks you, you just say 'he's OK but you are concerned about his character.' By now you may think that I'm contradicting myself, but as the year goes on you can tell (and reporters do) better what's the general trend and what is a smoke curtain.Â
And when evaluating the players, please. The intangibles. That kind of stuff is amazing...
I almost only care about work ethic. The rest? I think intangibles should be only a 'tiebreaker' between two prospects with similar tangibles. Of the best QBs in the NFL, I'd say that the only ones that strike me as real leaders or motivators are Brady, Wilson, Cousins, Stafford, Rivers... Rogers isn't a great leader, neither Cam, or Smith. And I wish we had any of them.
QBs being jerks doesn't surprise me. They are the most important player in one of the most important sports. You want a guy that works his butt off, if you can add a great leadership mind, fantastic, but it is just a topping, in my opinion, and many things should be evaluated first.
-
You'd think short QBs with obvious maturity issues who play in the Big 12 would be red flags too...
You'd think short QBs with obvious maturity issues who play in the Big 12 would be red flags too...
Yeah, he's 2" taller than Russell Wilson (just as mobile), and 1" taller than Drew Brees. Height won't be a major issue. Big 12 soft D? TCU had a decent defense, and he destroyed them. Ditto Ohio State. Maturity issues, yep, but he's no Manziel, apologized for his on field behavior, something Johnny Football never did. Teammates love playing for him. He wins the National Championship, his stock will go through the roof.Â
-
Who would you rather have doing your heart surgery: the highly qualified guy with a bad attitude or the C-level grad with a great bed side manner? Give me highly qualified douche bag all day.
-
So as expected, basically the only argument against Rosen is the attitude problem, with three marked examples
1) Wearing a stupid hat on a golf course- HOLY Sheet!
2) Making an articulate point about the nonsense that is NCAA sports- WHAT A DOUCHE
3) Rogue scouts saying he has attitude problems.
Mind you, this is directly from Jim Mora:
"It's important to know this about Josh Rosen: He's very, very, very well respected by his coaches and his teammates because we see on a daily basis his commitment, his work ethic, his attitude, his passion for football," Mora said. "We also know he's an incredibly intelligent young man that does have opinions. Oftentimes, those opinions are conveyed to others because he is trying to bring attention to some who are less fortunate or have less than he does, and at times he feels are being taken advantage of."
My point with all this is let's cut the crap, and take the best player in the draft in the strongest position of need. Please don't overthink this thing, and let the kid take over.Â
-
Who would you rather have doing your heart surgery: the highly qualified guy with a bad attitude or the C-level grad with a great bed side manner? Give me highly qualified douche bag all day.
Who would you rather have doing your heart surgery: the highly qualified guy with a bad attitude or the C-level grad with a great bed side manner? Give me highly qualified douche bag all day.
That's from House MD? I remember having the same conversation with my mother, when she said that the character shouldn't be so hateful.
-
Who would you rather have doing your heart surgery: the highly qualified guy with a bad attitude or the C-level grad with a great bed side manner? Give me highly qualified douche bag all day.
That's from House MD? I remember having the same conversation with my mother, when she said that the character shouldn't be so hateful.
That's from House MD? I remember having the same conversation with my mother, when she said that the character shouldn't be so hateful.
It could have been? I have just had surgeons before who were borderline autistic in their inability to communicate with patients. However, they did a great job so I didn't give a damn haha.
-
Comparing Rosen to Manziel is completely absurd. Off the field... on the field.... they're nothing alike.Â
It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel.Â
https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/
On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more likeÂ
Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.ÂSo let me think for a second, his own college coach compared him to Manziel on the record but we shouldn't?ÂÂAfter his junior year of High School, he was invited to the Elite 11 quarterback camp. It is a huge honor to be selected. The best high school quarterbacks in the country go and are tutored about how to get to the next level by ex and current NFL quarterbacks.
Rosen went to the camp and thought he knew everything already. He did not pay attention during film sessions, and was outright rude to the veteran quarterbacks there. Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was âMy bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.â
He is the son of two wealthy, Ivy-League educated parents. He is very smartâŚbut most people canât stand him.
His dream school was Stanford. Even though he was the #1 high school recruit in the country, after doing a background check on him, Stanford wanted nothing to do with him and did not offer him a scholarship. USC did not recruit him hard for the same reason.
Rosen has a tremendous upside, but many articles and sources indicate, he is also an arrogant jerk.
Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was âMy bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.â
Lol, Trent Dilfer? That hypocritical turd should look in the mirror.Â
-
Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was âMy bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.â
Lol, Trent Dilfer? That hypocritical turd should look in the mirror.Â
Lol, Trent Dilfer? That hypocritical turd should look in the mirror.Â
I don't remember Trent Dilfer ever being spoken of as an pooper. I think that's revisionist on your part.
WSS
-
Dilfer has since changed his opinion after being around Rosen this past summer.
-
-
So as expected, basically the only argument against Rosen is the attitude problem, with three marked examples
1) Wearing a stupid hat on a golf course- HOLY Sheet!
2) Making an articulate point about the nonsense that is NCAA sports- WHAT A DOUCHE
3) Rogue scouts saying he has attitude problems.
Mind you, this is directly from Jim Mora:
"It's important to know this about Josh Rosen: He's very, very, very well respected by his coaches and his teammates because we see on a daily basis his commitment, his work ethic, his attitude, his passion for football," Mora said. "We also know he's an incredibly intelligent young man that does have opinions. Oftentimes, those opinions are conveyed to others because he is trying to bring attention to some who are less fortunate or have less than he does, and at times he feels are being taken advantage of."
My point with all this is let's cut the crap, and take the best player in the draft in the strongest position of need. Please don't overthink this thing, and let the kid take over.Â
So as expected, basically the only argument against Rosen is the attitude problem, with three marked examples
1) Wearing a stupid hat on a golf course- HOLY Sheet!
2) Making an articulate point about the nonsense that is NCAA sports- WHAT A DOUCHE
3) Rogue scouts saying he has attitude problems.
Mind you, this is directly from Jim Mora:
"It's important to know this about Josh Rosen: He's very, very, very well respected by his coaches and his teammates because we see on a daily basis his commitment, his work ethic, his attitude, his passion for football," Mora said. "We also know he's an incredibly intelligent young man that does have opinions. Oftentimes, those opinions are conveyed to others because he is trying to bring attention to some who are less fortunate or have less than he does, and at times he feels are being taken advantage of."
My point with all this is let's cut the crap, and take the best player in the draft in the strongest position of need. Please don't overthink this thing, and let the kid take over.Â
bs. the hat never had anything to do with it - it's several things that make a lot of folks consider him a prima donna entitlement whining complaining finger pointing disagreeing sombeitch. or not. Yeah, UCLA - Rosen is so good his coach got fired. Probably? for not disciplining his smart mouth qb. No thanks. Too bad mouthy boy was wanting to be a leader of the world instead of his football team. Rosen seems dedicated only to himself. That is what crap is.
****************************************************
Happy ... trails: UCLA fires football coach Jim Mora on his birthday - LA ...
www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-mora-fired-20171119-story.htmlNov 19, 2017 - An era that once appeared so full of promise for UCLA ended with a thud Sunday when the school announced it had fired football coach Jim Mora, who could not build upon considerable early success while his teams sputtered the past two seasons. The Bruins, 5-6 overall and 3-5 in the Pac-12 Conference ...
-
Meanwhile, Moraâs QB Josh Rosen virtually ensured that Dan Guerreroâs phone will ring off the hook this week when he offered his thoughts on the banners.
âI thought it was absurd,â Rosen said.
Rosen continued:
"Parents of some kids on our team donât make $30,000 in a year. To put that into a banner is absurd. Coach Mora went and climbed Kilimanjaro to raise money to dig wells for people in Africa to have clean water and I think one well might have been, like, $20,000 or something like that. Itâs just absurd. Itâs disrespectful. Itâs disgusting. If you donât think Coach Mora should be our coach, go talk to our AD yourself. Donât publicly do something stupid that costs an unnecessary amount of money. Thatâs ridiculous. We love our coach. Weâd all do anything for him and we know heâd do anything for us."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login
