Skip to content

Recap

The Browns Board
22 10 566
  • Either you guys are too high on Crowell or too low on Hyde. Crowell had a top notch burst, but that's it. Hyde is a guy that is going to grind it out and get those extra yards. He may not break away like Crowell could but this is a big improvement. Can Hyde stay healthy is the big question 

  • Either you guys are too high on Crowell or too low on Hyde. Crowell had a top notch burst, but that's it. Hyde is a guy that is going to grind it out and get those extra yards. He may not break away like Crowell could but this is a big improvement. Can Hyde stay healthy is the big question 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Either you guys are too high on Crowell or too low on Hyde. Crowell had a top notch burst, but that's it. Hyde is a guy that is going to grind it out and get those extra yards. He may not break away like Crowell could but this is a big improvement. Can Hyde stay healthy is the big question 

    And...we will be getting an RB in the draft.  I am fairly convinced of that.

  • Alot of high level talent in the 2nd. If we don't come away with one of those I would be shocked. I've been pretty vocal that I think Penny is the best RB in this draft but Guice and Chubb are also very good options

  • OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result?

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?:

    DBs:  Damarious Randall and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result?

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?:

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result?

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?: Improved but lets be honest, most QB's with two arms would be an improvement. Some possibly with one arm

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result? This is a wash and disappointing and thats coming from a Buckeye homer. Keeps us from taking the best weapon we could have had. 

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?: as someone else said, Catastrophic loss 

    DBs:  Damarious Randall and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result? The safety has the chance to be an improvement, the CB is JAG

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?: - I  am likely in the minority but this is a downgrade to me, luckily I believe this is depth behind someone else we sign or draft

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result? HUGE addition 

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result? improvement for blocking

  • @NateUlrichABJ 13s13 seconds ago
    Nate Ulrich@ByNateUlrich
    #Browns announced the four trades they made Friday. They disclosed the picks exchanged in the Damarious Randall trade. Cleveland gets Randall and 2018 4th (No. 114) and 5th (No. 150) round picks. Green Bay gets DeShone Kizer and 2018 4th (No. 101) and 5th (No. 138) round picks.
    More

    #Browns announced the four trades they made Friday.

    They disclosed the picks exchanged in the Damarious Randall trade. Cleveland gets Randall and 2018 4th (No. 114) and 5th (No. 150) round picks. Green Bay gets DeShone Kizer and 2018 4th (No. 101) and 5th (No. 138) round picks.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:  A guy with career 23-20 record over one with an 0-15 record?  Need I say more?

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result?  A plus....even if it only via a better attitude.

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?:  Big negative, obviously

    DBs:  Damarious Randall and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result?  Has to be a major plus since no one is out yet. So...who among current DBs gets aufed?

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?:  Hard to judge, different slots.   likely a wash so far...but I think Browns pick up a DT in FA...possibly Poe

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result?  Big plus....even if they dump Higgins/Louis.  (do not expect Coleman to go...but you never know....never expected Kizer to go either)

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result?  A backup....will trust Dorsey that this guy can play....a plus.

    @the-gipper said:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:  A guy with career 23-20 record over one with an 0-15 record?  Need I say more?

    Well if you compare a 20 year old rookie QB to a Veteran especially with the additions we made to this team, of course Taylor is better.  I can promise when the Packers are ready to start Kizer, he will be much better than Tyrod.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:  A guy with career 23-20 record over one with an 0-15 record?  Need I say more?

    Well if you compare a 20 year old rookie QB to a Veteran especially with the additions we made to this team, of course Taylor is better.  I can promise when the Packers are ready to start Kizer, he will be much better than Tyrod.  

    @dawg2fan said:

    Well if you compare a 20 year old rookie QB to a Veteran especially with the additions we made to this team, of course Taylor is better.  I can promise when the Packers are ready to start Kizer, he will be much better than Tyrod.  

    you mean to say IF the Packers are every EVER READY to start him. 

  • Alot of high level talent in the 2nd. If we don't come away with one of those I would be shocked. I've been pretty vocal that I think Penny is the best RB in this draft but Guice and Chubb are also very good options

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Alot of high level talent in the 2nd. If we don't come away with one of those I would be shocked. I've been pretty vocal that I think Penny is the best RB in this draft but Guice and Chubb are also very good options

    I've been completely on the Penny bandwagon since I saw the Stanford and ASU games.  

  • OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:.......filled a need, lost a backup......but not done yet?

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result??.........the Crow flew East......not bad

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?:.......count to 5, see you in Canton!  Tough loss.

    DBs:  Damarious Randall and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result?......filled some need spots, not done yet?

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?:..... eh, wait, should be ok

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result?........has to help, maybe big!

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result?......again wait but should be OK

    ??: 10 more picks? Woo-hoo!

  • Updated:

    Here is a recap on the Browns moves so far:

    OUT:

    Joe Thomas retires

    Danny Shelton traded

    DeShone Kizer traded

    Isaiah Crow leaves via FA

    IN:

    QB Tyrod Taylor in via trade

    WR Jarvis Landry in via trade

    DB Damarious Randall in via trade

    CB Terrence Mitchell signed as FA

    OT Donald Stephenson signed as FA

    DE Chris Smith signed as FA

    RB Carlos Hyde signed via FA

    OT Chris Hubbard signed as FA

    TE Darren Fells signed as FA

    CB TJ Carrie  as FA

  • Updated:

    OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result?

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?:

    DBs:  Damarious Randall, TJ Carrie and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result?

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?:

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result?

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result?

  • Updated:

    OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?:

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result?

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?:

    DBs:  Damarious Randall, TJ Carrie and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result?

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?:

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result?

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result?

    @the-gipper said:

    Updated:

    OK, so, lets play  Plus, Minus Absurdio here:

    QB  Taylor in.....Kizer out:   Net result?: huge upgrade. 

    RB:   Hyde in......Crowell out:  Net result? Under-rated move. 

    OT:  Joe Thomas out......OLs Chris Hubbard and Donald Stephenson in   Net result?: not as bad as it looks. I've got a feeling were going focus on the running game.

    DBs:  Damarious Randall, TJ Carrie and Terrence Mitchell in......no one out...yet.    Net Result? Carrie I like as the #2. Randall hasn't played FS since college and I don't know anything about mitchell.

    DL:  Danny Shelton Out...   Chris Smith In....Net result?: I've got a feeling were going to get one of the big name DTs but right now this is bad

    WR:  Jarvis Landry In......no one out...yet  Net result? Huge. We finally focus on bringing in playmakers

    TE:  Darren Fells In...no one out...yet   Net Result? Again I think we focus on the running game so this is a underrated signing. If Fells is as good as a blocker as I've been hearing then this will really help

  • Updated:

    Here is a recap on the Browns moves so far:

    OUT:

    Joe Thomas retires

    Danny Shelton traded

    DeShone Kizer traded

    Isaiah Crow leaves via FA

    IN:

    QB Tyrod Taylor in via trade

    WR Jarvis Landry in via trade

    DB Damarious Randall in via trade

    CB Terrence Mitchell signed as FA

    OT Donald Stephenson signed as FA

    DE Chris Smith signed as FA

    RB Carlos Hyde signed via FA

    OT Chris Hubbard signed as FA

    TE Darren Fells signed as FA

    CB TJ Carrie  as FA

    @the-gipper said:

    Updated:

    Here is a recap on the Browns moves so far:

    OUT:

    Joe Thomas retires

    Danny Shelton traded

    DeShone Kizer traded

    Isaiah Crow leaves via FA

    IN:

    QB Tyrod Taylor in via trade

    WR Jarvis Landry in via trade

    DB Damarious Randall in via trade

    CB Terrence Mitchell signed as FA

    OT Donald Stephenson signed as FA

    DE Chris Smith signed as FA

    RB Carlos Hyde signed via FA

    OT Chris Hubbard signed as FA

    TE Darren Fells signed as FA

    CB TJ Carrie  as FA

    Further updates:  All these guys OUT:

    Terminated contract (2):

    DB Jason McCourtyicon-article-link.gif

    DB B.W. Webbicon-article-link.gif

    Waived (8):

    DL Ricky Ali'ifuaicon-article-link.gif

    OL Zach Bannericon-article-link.gif

    DL Collin Bevinsicon-article-link.gif

    LB Jeremy Cashicon-article-link.gif

    OL Joseph Cheekicon-article-link.gif

    WR Sammie Coatesicon-article-link.gif

    DB Trevon Hartfieldicon-article-link.gif

    Jason Rounds

    Besides McCourty.....and Coates.....we hardly knew that any of these guys were on the Browns roster. Or, if you knew....you hardly gave them a thought.

    Have I missed anyone else who is either in or out?