Skip to content

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

The Browns Board
738 40 24.9k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

    Man, I dunno... for me that'd mean Nixon again...

    Wait!

    I'll take Nixon.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Man, I dunno... for me that'd mean Nixon again...

    Wait!

    I'll take Nixon.

    16?   For me....it would be LBJ.   It also meant the assassinations of MLK and RFK.   And race riots.  And Vietnam War.

    but also...great music.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I was just talking down to your level, buttinski. 

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

    1980 for Me.

    The Kardiac Kids, A Cleveland Browns Christmas, my first car, my first date (funny how that works) ... send me back to 16 with this knowledge and a sideline spot next to Sam Rutigliano ... "Anything but Red Right 88, Sam, Anything!"

    1459870_10202039644866285_760747371_n.jp

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    I'd do 1960 all over again and con Gail into going skinny dipping down that Venezuelan beach with the clear water coral reef. That could have changed my entire definition of snorkeling!🙄

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Sorry, cal... your #1 Allen-ally has left you at the altar....

    Mel Kiper Jr.‏Verified account @MelKiperESPN

    My final Mock Draft for the Class of 2018. And there's a change at No. 1 ...

    3I8fA-2L?format=jpg&name=600x314

    7:53 AM - 26 Apr 2018
  • Here is my question. What team benefits the most from throwing out dirty smoke like this on draft day?

    NE or Pitt?

    Somebody wants him to drop to them-----bet on it.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is my question. What team benefits the most from throwing out dirty smoke like this on draft day?

    NE or Pitt?

    Somebody wants him to drop to them-----bet on it.

    If it keeps his assss out of here - Cleveland!

  • Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Sorry, cal... your #1 Allen-ally has left you at the altar....

    Mel Kiper Jr.‏Verified account @MelKiperESPN

    My final Mock Draft for the Class of 2018. And there's a change at No. 1 ...

    3I8fA-2L?format=jpg&name=600x314

    7:53 AM - 26 Apr 2018
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Sorry, cal... your #1 Allen-ally has left you at the alter....

    Mel Kiper Jr.‏Verified account @MelKiperESPN

    My final Mock Draft for the Class of 2018. And there's a change at No. 1 ...

    7:53 AM - 26 Apr 2018

    Kiper switch so he could be "right" once he got inside information?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Sorry, cal... your #1 Allen-ally has left you at the alter....

    Mel Kiper Jr.‏Verified account @MelKiperESPN

    My final Mock Draft for the Class of 2018. And there's a change at No. 1 ...

    7:53 AM - 26 Apr 2018

    Kiper switch so he could be "right" once he got inside information?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Man.. I swear I corrected the spelling of "altar"...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Kiper switch so he could be "right" once he got inside information?

    Seemingly...

    There's a huge move to "hearing it's Mayfield" happening on reddit.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Well, Tour, I'm glad you finally love you some Kiper. lol

    Mayfield does take care of the ball better than Darnold, fewer bad throws than Allen...

    I just don't know if Mayfield can let go of the controversy and drama.

  • Well, Tour, I'm glad you finally love you some Kiper. lol

    Mayfield does take care of the ball better than Darnold, fewer bad throws than Allen...

    I just don't know if Mayfield can let go of the controversy and drama.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I just don't know if Mayfield can let go of the controversy and drama.

    That doesn't bother me. I think he'll be fine in that aspect, just fiery on the field. I wish for a little more height. If he was 6'3 I might like him more than Darnold. 

    In the end, what is 2 inches?

    Boo Fagley?

    Zombo

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

    Man, I dunno... for me that'd mean Nixon again...

    Wait!

    I'll take Nixon.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Man, I dunno... for me that'd mean Nixon again...

    Wait!

    I'll take Nixon.

    Technically it would be LBJ, but he was a huge downgrade from Kennedy....  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I just don't know if Mayfield can let go of the controversy and drama.

    That doesn't bother me. I think he'll be fine in that aspect, just fiery on the field. I wish for a little more height. If he was 6'3 I might like him more than Darnold. 

    In the end, what is 2 inches?

    Boo Fagley?

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    That doesn't bother me. I think he'll be fine in that aspect, just fiery on the field. I wish for a little more height. If he was 6'3 I might like him more than Darnold. 

    In the end, what is 2 inches?

    Boo Fagley?

    Zombo

    The difference between conception or not?   I know, I know:

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I just don't know if Mayfield can let go of the controversy and drama.

    That doesn't bother me. I think he'll be fine in that aspect, just fiery on the field. I wish for a little more height. If he was 6'3 I might like him more than Darnold. 

    In the end, what is 2 inches?

    Boo Fagley?

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    In the end, what is 2 inches? Boo Fagley?

    I think boo may be taller than that...

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, Tour, I'm glad you finally love you some Kiper. lol

    Mayfield does take care of the ball better than Darnold, fewer bad throws than Allen...

    I just don't know if Mayfield can let go of the controversy and drama.

    Nah... Mel still sucks... he just sucks a lil less... 😉

    Agree on Mayfield off-field. Not the type to sit and learn in silence for long... especially if we start slow, which is likely.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Here's the bottom line on the slurs...

    They aren't a positive, but if they were a one-off at 15, they won't be a significant factor. I don't think a lot of teams were on the fence when it came to Allen.

    What interested teams are now scrambling to figure out is whether his comments were a one-off.

  • Here's the bottom line on the slurs...

    They aren't a positive, but if they were a one-off at 15, they won't be a significant factor. I don't think a lot of teams were on the fence when it came to Allen.

    What interested teams are now scrambling to figure out is whether his comments were a one-off.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    What interested teams are now scrambling to figure out is whether his comments were a one-off.

    And it appears they weren't... now over three-year period.

    Worse... he just said on TV of the tweets, "I did not think it would hurt me six years later."

    Did a bit better later, i.e., "I've grown, etc.", but this is gonna hurt.

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by jbluhm86

    One way or another, at least its only another 30-60 minutes until this borderline-homoerotic Josh Allen-lovefest of Cal's is finally locked. Countin' down the minutes...

    tenor.gif

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Close this thread now

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Before you do, all I can say is that even though I am 'whatever' about the Browns' first 2 picks...... I'm just glad we aren't the Bills. 

  • Before you do, all I can say is that even though I am 'whatever' about the Browns' first 2 picks...... I'm just glad we aren't the Bills. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Before you do, all I can say is that even though I am 'whatever' about the Browns' first 2 picks...... I'm just glad we aren't the Bills. 

    Same here. I said it in the Tavern. I feel pitty for the Bills fans willing to get Rosen. Then trade up for Allen... 

  • Before you do, all I can say is that even though I am 'whatever' about the Browns' first 2 picks...... I'm just glad we aren't the Bills. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Before you do, all I can say is that even though I am 'whatever' about the Browns' first 2 picks...... I'm just glad we aren't the Bills. 

    Ditto, but hurt him less tham I'd tought'