Jets trade up
-
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
-
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a RB in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?
-
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a RB in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?
He took a Q
Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a QB in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?
He took a QB in first round last year, Pat Mahomes.
-
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a RB in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?
Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a QB in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?
I think you mean RB
-
He took a Q
Good post. I also wonder if number 5 scenario is what we might really see. If he really likes a sleeper QB like Jackson or White i think it is what we will see. I also will say I often see it posted hes never taken a QB in round 1 but how often has he had a chance to get one like Barkley in round 1?
He took a QB in first round last year, Pat Mahomes.
-
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
-
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
Po you are so damn dumb. They don't trade up a month before the draft targeting one specific player to number 3. Either of the two picks ahead could take that player then you're left holding your winky ave giving away a ton of draft capital to do so. You have to move all the way to target 1 specific player moron. They are targeting a position group and that's qb. No matter what the first two teams do they are still getting a qb.
-
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
I think not. It's a draft deep in terrific rb's. They desperately need a qb after losing out in fa on a qb. They signed Teddy Bildgewater, that's a poor choice.....and Crowell.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/4-biggest-jets-address-qb-article-1.3879203
The Jets NEED a qb. AND:
an OLB/Edge rusher
TE
Wide Receiver
Kick Returner
-
It's obvious why they moved into #3. They are counting on the Giants NOT to take a QB and for the Browns to typically take the wrong f'n QB as usual. Easy Peasy.

-
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.
But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios:
1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB
2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.
3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4
4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you
5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.
6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs
I highly doubt the Bills do that trade, but I certainly would entertain that.
But I would say there is less than 1% chance Denver makes that trade. They see BUF trade 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 1st last year to move to #4, they will want more than 12 and 2 2nds.
-
this was bills plan to get to Colts..with Gettleman.. now add in the rape the 9'ers to bears https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/14/17114618/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-2018-trade-up-quarterback
this was bills plan to get to Colts..with Gettleman.. now add in the rape the 9'ers to bears https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/14/17114618/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-2018-trade-up-quarterback
The price for the Bills to jump the Jets just went WAY up.
Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets? Why do I think it is likely Rosen. Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield. Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.
OR....do they have a hard on for Barkley???? No? Its a thought.
classified information again Gipper. We won't know until the picks get announced on April 26th. Regarding the Jets\Barkley? No way in hell. You don't give up that much draft capital to draft a running back- I don't care if he's the second coming of Jim Brown.
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.


Tell ya what- I will bet you my package of season tickets, Value = $2,000 that the Jets won't take Barkley. You up for that rich a bet? I'm betting, you're full of it- if not- then STFU on your Barkley love. Too much green beer or Irish whisky today Po? Or hallucinogenic substances? Without a doubt- Barkley or Chubb will be there at #4.
-
The only other option would be awesome moving from 4 to 2 if there are those two players that we absolutely want
That price just jumped tremendously. only phone ringing is Gettleman in NY..they can't fall down far & Bills at #12 our now shuffling those draft cards hard..with Zona/Broncos..is their a bigger boat than the Titanic?Mikah,Chubb or Barkley could get fun at #4..don't throw the lawn furniture off the Titanic at #4..just rearrange it & get it Right..imo It's Mayfield or Darnold at #1 unless Hue or Haley gets a vote..one dude won more games with less talent & changing mechanics at this point am not a big fan of..
imo It's Mayfield or Darnold at #1 unless Hue or Haley gets a vote..one dude won more games with less talent & changing mechanics at this point am not a big fan of..
Agree... but I don't think Mayfield's talent is lacking. I easily see his being the 2nd highest floor in this class. Problem is it is not #1 overall high and it comes with a ceiling practically touching it.
Also Hue doesn't want a vote... just the right to bitch later.
The Jets have just pushed all-in against the Bills. The Bills now MUST make a deal for either #2 with N.Y. Giants or with us for #4 no matter what it costs them- and it just got a LOT more expensive. What do you think the Bills would now have to give NY for #2? What would they have to give us to move out of #4 (not saying we should do it, just saying, what do you think the price today would be?)
Hey, onk... long time no see.
Agree that Bills will now have to move up, but will have competition from Denver. And the Bills price will be so high... I actually think Runyon is a little low... that I do not think they can afford to settle for stopping at #4 overall... not in advance of the first three picks already having been made anyway.
-
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
-
To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.
To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.
For the Bills to move to #2 overall... I'd say even a little more... 3 - #1's, a 2 and a 3. After all we are taking about RG3 here!

Question is: How much less can the Broncos get away with offering NYG? The #5, their 2019 #1, their #2 and both 3's might do it. As it keeps NYG at #5 and in prime position to take Quenton Nelson.
Then should we take Minkah, then they might even trade back again to TB's #7, who I think should lust after Barkley, leaving Chubb for Indy at 6 and Nelson for NYG at #7
Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.
Can you say potential "sweet spot"?
-
To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.
For the Bills to move to #2 overall... I'd say even a little more... 3 - #1's, a 2 and a 3. After all we are taking about RG3 here!

Question is: How much less can the Broncos get away with offering NYG? The #5, their 2019 #1, their #2 and both 3's might do it. As it keeps NYG at #5 and in prime position to take Quenton Nelson.
Then should we take Minkah, then they might even trade back again to TB's #7, who I think should lust after Barkley, leaving Chubb for Indy at 6 and Nelson for NYG at #7
Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.
Can you say potential "sweet spot"?
Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.
Can you say potential "sweet spot"?
Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it?

-
The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.
-
Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.
Can you say potential "sweet spot"?
Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it?

Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it?

My bad... I've been gone...

Here's the thing... if QBs go 1, 2, 3 and Denver makes a generous, preemptive offer for #4 to keep BUF from leapfrogging them, how do you not make the trade?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login