Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Does this seem fishy to anyone else?

    After his latest (albeit harmless) party video? That's what i was thinking too. As much as I don't like John the person, this video is a non-story to me, but I can see Pet thinking otherwise.

    @d-bone said:

    After his latest (albeit harmless) party video? That's what i was thinking too. As much as I don't like John the person, this video is a non-story to me, but I can see Pet thinking otherwise.

    no shit. this is like a father and rebellious son going at it...father says don't do this, but the son says fuck you , ize doin what i want to do....regardless of what you say.....dees eeez not going to work out folks...one or the other are gone, you can count on it....

  • OK,....how the fucking hell did this happen?

    Is this what drinking Four Loko gets you? A concussion?

  • Someone needs to evaluate our doctors cause this shit is getting ridiculous.

  • Seriously how many years do we have to go three qbs deep?

  • Does this seem fishy to anyone else?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Does this seem fishy to anyone else?

    Yep.

    Smells like shit.

    WSS

  • Seriously how many years do we have to go three qbs deep?

    @cdl15 said:

    Seriously how many years do we have to go three qbs deep?

    This year we did it with a twist.

    started McCown, hurt 1st game

    Quickly to Manziel

    Back to Mccown when healthy

    Back to Manziel when Josh hurt again.

    Manziel named starter when season is lost.

    Manziel fails the bye week.

    Mccown starts again, injured again

    Austin Davis starts

    Manziel out of doghouse, starts again.

    Davis starts finale when Johnny gets concussion out of nowhere.

    That is 8 QB changes in 16 games folks.

    Something tells me we will see Pryor too.

    Zombo

  • I would not be surprised if Davis plays really well against Pittsburgh. Only thingto worry about is miscommunication with wr like at Baltimore. But with the Offensive line and Running game playing at the best it has all year this could be an excellent chance to see the comparison between John and Austin.

  • Actually Westside, you both made good points; but, I think mud is saying we would not have had to use another offense if we had 3 similar QBs and the Cinn game would not have been so bad. At least that is how I read it; I could be wrong.

    @joedawg69 said:

    Actually Westside, you both made good points; but, I think mud is saying we would not have had to use another offense if we had 3 similar QBs and the Cinn game would not have been so bad. At least that is how I read it; I could be wrong.

    I didn't think they had to. Kyle Shanahan thought they had to. And I think it was a miscalculation.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Any slight differences between your quarterbacks shouldn't make that much difference.

    Problem is that the differences are not "slight" when JM is in the mix.

    @tour2ma said:

    Problem is that the differences are not "slight" when JM is in the mix.

    Tell you what, call me when the rest of the team blocks tackles and runs the ball.

    Even your boy Hoyer looked OK on the occasions they did that. At least once in awhile.

    WSS

  • @miktoxic said:

    the offense is challenged, mentally and physically. i think in order for manziel to succeed he'd need someone like he had in college to bail him out when needed. a mike evans type hail-mary 'dream' catcher plus a more than average running game. neither are in place with the browns right now.

    did manziel miss open receivers yesterday? yes. did he and this busted up offense keep us in the game until the end? yes.

    now who knows maybe andy reid had pulled guys and pulled his foot from the gas pedal to keep his guys healthy..........dunno, but the browns still had a chance to win. i would have loved to have seen what would have happened if dumb fuck jennings had got out of bounds and manziel had the last chance with the ball in his hands. just saying.

    the season was lost 5 games ago. i just want to know who is good enough to keep and who should be gone, from top to bottom. if haslam decides to flush the whole thing, at this point i don't give a fuck. i personally think we need to get some continuity in the organization. but no one except a select few players in my book can say they have put their hearts and souls into this team this year.

    right now flip and o'neil need to go. this fixed scheme shit blows. i was so pissed that they let sheard go and look at him now as the only playmaker the pats have.....rippin it up.

    I think Flip is pretty good, actually.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I think Flip is pretty good, actually.

    Zombo

    I'm glad someone else has noticed this. there are still a few times where you smack your forehead and say what the hell was that, but I'll take his rookie year over Manziel rookie and sophomore year every time.

    Zombo said:

    But you do?

    Zombo

    Hahahahhahahaha. And hasn't even looked at this thread since. Right now Zombo is backpeddling down the court posing the broken goose neck because he just drained it.

    @bbedward said:

    Manziel the reason the defense and running game have been 1000x better as of late?

    facepalm-captain.png

    He has "shown flashes" running around and escaping pressure in the pocket. But I haven't seen any flashes when it comes to making the reads, being accurate, etc.

    The guy will have the cleanest pocket in the world, then instead of stepping up and making the throw like other quarterbacks he opens his body up and throws it off the back foot 3 YDs behind the receiver.

    And he continues to just chuck the ball up for grabs at midfield to avoid taking a sack. I could have accepted that mistake a couple times from a rookie - but he isn't a rookie and he has done it repeatedly.

    I'm sick of hearing this bullshit too. They have been piggybacking off of last years running scheme with no success. since flip made the adjustments the rushing attack run blocking and even pass blocking has been better. more of a testament to flip than to Manziel.

    Zombo said:

    You are back to my first excuse buffer in my first post.

    We are right around 13 points per game when Manziel starts or has the majority of snaps over the past two years.

    Hoyer in 2014 ... 21.3

    McCown in 2015 ... 21.8

    Johnny ... 13.1

    Same team. Same weapons.

    And I am even willing to throw 2014 out because Little Johnny forgot to practice n stuff.

    But in 2015 ... 21.8 with McCown and 15.3 for Johnny

    6.5 points a game.

    I know you all want to give him another year, just like those that wanted to give Brady Quinn another year.

    Can't you just look at him and see how far away he is and how improbable it is that he'll ever be a trusted franchise QB? I can. I'm not patting myself on the back or anything ... I don't want him to fail, I root for him like he's my son on Sundays. I even started him on playoff fantasy team down the stretch ... I'm just saying ... Can't you see it? He's got major passing issues.

    We have. And now, I'm saying ... it's time to try again.

    Zombo

    And FYI Drew Brees and Russel Wilson will never be at the top of the Draft board for those who like to compare JM to them. You find these guys by accident basically. Like Ghoolie said we need standards. And one of them standards should be never take a qb in the draft that is shorter than 6'3".

  • Yet Manziel had more wins... played less games in a row. If given a full season he would have done a lot better then mccown. Not saying Manziel is a franchise qb. But comparing him to a career backup that only won 1 game...

  • OK, I see where you are coming from westside; but, do you really think Manziel could have run the offense the way it was?

  • Again, Johnny Hater On The Spot, this certainly isn't a fault of Johnny's but when you have a run first, small QB injuries seem a lot more likely. Again it seems like a no brainer to part ways when it doesn't appear that he is the future.

  • Again, Johnny Hater On The Spot, this certainly isn't a fault of Johnny's but when you have a run first, small QB injuries seem a lot more likely. Again it seems like a no brainer to part ways when it doesn't appear that he is the future.

    @baconhound said:

    Again, Johnny Hater On The Spot, this certainly isn't a fault of Johnny's but when you have a run first, small QB injuries seem a lot more likely. Again it seems like a no brainer to part ways when it doesn't appear that he is the future.

    Unlike Josh, the man of glass?

    Or Dalton or Hoyer or...

    WSS

  • OK, I see where you are coming from westside; but, do you really think Manziel could have run the offense the way it was?

    @joedawg69 said:

    OK, I see where you are coming from westside; but, do you really think Manziel could have run the offense the way it was?

    Why not?

    It has been basically vanilla.

    I mean there were a lot of weird signals to call but I never saw anything complicated, did you?

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Again, Johnny Hater On The Spot, this certainly isn't a fault of Johnny's but when you have a run first, small QB injuries seem a lot more likely. Again it seems like a no brainer to part ways when it doesn't appear that he is the future.

    Unlike Josh, the man of glass?

    Or Dalton or Hoyer or...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Unlike Josh, the man of glass?

    Or Dalton or Hoyer or...

    WSS

    I think the Browns organization, and fans, would be very happy with Andy Dalton being the starter week 1 2016. The other 2 seem are just place holders until you find "the guy". Johnny is also a place holder but one with baggage.

  • And to be honest I do fault Johnny for not knowing the offence the first year. I've never argued that. So when you pull out a completely new one when he didn't know the old one and expect the rest of the team to be on the same page...

    WSS

  • Hey it only gets better Tramon Williams is on the concussion protocol.

  • Johnny Manziel theme song

  • @westside-steve said:

    Unlike Josh, the man of glass?

    Or Dalton or Hoyer or...

    WSS

    I think the Browns organization, and fans, would be very happy with Andy Dalton being the starter week 1 2016. The other 2 seem are just place holders until you find "the guy". Johnny is also a place holder but one with baggage.

    @baconhound said:

    I think the Browns organization, and fans, would be very happy with Andy Dalton being the starter week 1 2016. The other 2 seem are just place holders until you find "the guy". Johnny is also a place holder but one with baggage.

    Yeah? You think Andy Dalton would be going to the playoffs with this team?

    Guess it's a good thing he didn't get shitcanned early in Cincinnati?

    Along with the coaching staff and front office.

    WSS