Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Unfortunately, no I don't. It's a shame, though, because his ego shouldn't get in the way of the right thing to do. You don't produce, and even worse, don't properly prepare, your ass should be gone or severely demoted. Sends the wrong message to the guys who are doing things the right way.
-
-
I guess I just don't have the patience that you display. Maybe because I'm getting older. I had more patience with Weeden and McCoy. I hope I'm wrong, but in my mind Manziel has already proven that he has no NFL potential. I don't hate him for it....I hate Farmer for drafting him.
And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.
WSS
And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.
WSS
Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.
-
What can we get for him? Are you out of your fucking minds? The real question should be "WHAT DID WE GET FROM HIM"? A lot of hype, turmoil, bad press, worse play and a broken "Johnny Sideshow" and a lot of broken Aggie fanboy hearts. And you dumbasses that want to keep him want MORE of this shit? Ray Charles can see this clown's not worth the trouble. Cut ties buy him some luggage and send him packing !
GO BROWNS.
-
And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.
WSS
Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.
Apologies accepted.Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.

But kidding aside I'm sure you understand my point. If you think changing everything every 15 minutes has been a great idea tell me why.
And Tour2ma yes of course even Johnny. And even though you seemed to be skeptical when I said I would have let Hoyer play out the season that's what I said a few times and still think it would have been the right move. The reason is just what we saw. Johnny is a rookie and whether he goes to the Hall of Fame or the Burger King he's going to have some rough outings among his first experiences in the NFL. That's compounded by the fact that they put him in near the end of the season when so many key players or out making it a challenge for the team to win no matter who is under center. Not to mention you are changing up the office since for the rest of the guys who are having trouble with the one they are used to!
We I would have been better served by continuity at that point in the season. If it's the decision of the coaches front office and ownership to let hoyle walk after the season c'est la vie. But that's when they should have made the decision to commit to Johnny. Or not.
We saw what happened even though Johnny did not lose the Cincinnati game.
(and before you attack he didn't do anything to win it either.)
WSS
-
Actually we should announce Brian Hoyer is healthy and will start this weekend and then trade him to Denver. He can replace Peyton Manning there and they will surely go to the Superbowl. They would probably at least give us a first for the advantage it will surely give them for their last game.
Jimmy would certainly have to sell his chain of truck stops to get enough money to pay Brian Hoyer what he deserves. So the trade would solve that problem.
WSS
-
Apologies accepted.Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.

But kidding aside I'm sure you understand my point. If you think changing everything every 15 minutes has been a great idea tell me why.
And Tour2ma yes of course even Johnny. And even though you seemed to be skeptical when I said I would have let Hoyer play out the season that's what I said a few times and still think it would have been the right move. The reason is just what we saw. Johnny is a rookie and whether he goes to the Hall of Fame or the Burger King he's going to have some rough outings among his first experiences in the NFL. That's compounded by the fact that they put him in near the end of the season when so many key players or out making it a challenge for the team to win no matter who is under center. Not to mention you are changing up the office since for the rest of the guys who are having trouble with the one they are used to!
We I would have been better served by continuity at that point in the season. If it's the decision of the coaches front office and ownership to let hoyle walk after the season c'est la vie. But that's when they should have made the decision to commit to Johnny. Or not.
We saw what happened even though Johnny did not lose the Cincinnati game.
(and before you attack he didn't do anything to win it either.)
WSS
Apologies accepted.

But kidding aside I'm sure you understand my point. If you think changing everything every 15 minutes has been a great idea tell me why.
And Tour2ma yes of course even Johnny. And even though you seemed to be skeptical when I said I would have let Hoyer play out the season that's what I said a few times and still think it would have been the right move. The reason is just what we saw. Johnny is a rookie and whether he goes to the Hall of Fame or the Burger King he's going to have some rough outings among his first experiences in the NFL. That's compounded by the fact that they put him in near the end of the season when so many key players or out making it a challenge for the team to win no matter who is under center. Not to mention you are changing up the office since for the rest of the guys who are having trouble with the one they are used to!
We I would have been better served by continuity at that point in the season. If it's the decision of the coaches front office and ownership to let hoyle walk after the season c'est la vie. But that's when they should have made the decision to commit to Johnny. Or not.
We saw what happened even though Johnny did not lose the Cincinnati game.
(and before you attack he didn't do anything to win it either.)
WSS
Stability is the key to being a consistent winner. However, I still think it's important to recognize your errors and correct them as soon as possible....especially with players at key positions. I would tend to give a coaching staff or individual coaches a lot more time and margin of error than has been the case here. With JM, if I could see something....anything.... that would indicate he could play effectively in the NFL, I would be a little more open minded. Our O line has sucked forever, and that doesn't help, so he looks terrible out there. Weeden, at least, showed flashes of NFL caliber play, with his big arm, but fragile mental state. I guess you could call it the Vinnie Testeverde syndrome. Hoyer has the ability to make big plays, and plays smart most of the time...just very inconsistent. Not to mention he's tough, and can take a hit. Don't forget....Hoyer was playing very well...fewest interceptions of all qb's until Mack went down. Obviously, he doesn't respond well to pressure situations, though. As long as were talking stability.....just wait until the Baltimore game. What if Conner Shaw plays really well, and maybe even wins that game? Then what?
-
Are we talking about pulling the trigger? Cutting somebody after six quarters? Seems like there is an agenda underway. On the other hand in the same argument you tell me you have seen some greatness, or at least goodness, in brian.
I haven't seen what I would call flashes of greatness I've seen flashes of good enough to play in the NFL. I've also seen games we've won playing around his limitations. But regardless of the flashes he's been in the league for what 5 or 6 years already?
Look I understand the attitude, we all just want to shit can people if we don't like them personally and that's the feeling I get around here.
WSS
-
Speaking of Vinny Testaverde, Lobo, remember that the Bernie Kosar fans despised him.
WSS
-
Stability is key, but you have to recognize the clear misses in the change ups too. Shurmur was a bad decision and had to leave asap. Same with Banner and Lombardo. Mangini should've stayed and had more time, but Lerner screwed that up with Holmgren, who is another that you can't say should've stayed for the sake of stability. With Pettine and Farmer, now is the time to keep stability. Even if they struggle to win games for the next two+ years, as long as you see progress being made and improvement, no matter how small, stick wtih it. Might be five years yet until they make the playoffs (especially if the entire AFCN keeps up like this year). That sucks when fans are at wits end, but it's the only thing that hasn't been tried yet.
-
Hey it's a little harder to argue that it was a good idea to shit can everybody you've mentioned unless things took a turn for the better afterwards. They didn't. Every rebuilding process sucked. Every new regime booted out the players that weren't their guys.
So far there's no reason to think any change has been for the better. Three more years and we might have a better understanding of the personnel at the top we have today.
WSS
-
What about Crennel? Should he have been given more time than the four years he had? With that 2007 season, the stability arguement would say yes.
I might have short term memory loss here when comparing, but I feel better about this staff more than any before since the '99 return. (For me, my opinion of Mangini's time here is hindsight.)
-
My point is the time is now to keep things as intact as possible on key staff and FO. I hope they can keep away from the dreaded 4-12 / 5-11 seasons so judgement is easy. Biggest monkey on their back right now is, of course, the QB situation. Everything else I feel confident they will have a handle on, or will address the needs accordingly.
-
What about Crennel? Should he have been given more time than the four years he had? With that 2007 season, the stability arguement would say yes.
I might have short term memory loss here when comparing, but I feel better about this staff more than any before since the '99 return. (For me, my opinion of Mangini's time here is hindsight.)
What about Crennel? Should he have been given more time than the four years he had? With that 2007 season, the stability arguement would say yes.
I might have short term memory loss here when comparing, but I feel better about this staff more than any before since the '99 return. (For me, my opinion of Mangini's time here is hindsight.)[/quote
]
4 years is okay. Then what happened? Superbowl? AFC championship?
WSS
-
Other teams have taken longer than 4 years to do that. So you're saying Crennel was the one exception to the stability problems? His four years was long enough? That might be true. Then a comedy of errors in hiring happened...until now. IMO.
I don't know. Quite honestly I don't know much about how he hurt or didn't hurt the team. I'm just saying it seems to me that the Browns organization is more fickle then most successful organizations. And the quick trigger hasn't seemed to produce results. We tend to focus on a personality and it just hasn't worked out yet.Other teams have taken longer than 4 years to do that. So you're saying Crennel was the one exception to the stability problems? His four years was long enough? That might be true. Then a comedy of errors in hiring happened...until now. IMO.
All I can say is look at the results. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should replace the coaching staff every six quarters.

WSS
-
Ive always been an advocate of make a decision and move on. Hate waffling and waiting on mediocrity....
If we are firing QB's and coaches too soon, why hasn't a single one got a similar job elsewhere?....not one single player or coach got picked up in a lateral move....
Every QB we cut is out of the league or a back up....
Every head coach we fired is out of the league or a position coach/coordinator....
I think that justifies the moves right there.
-
And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.
WSS
Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.
Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.
It is your wife's fault. My wife went to an A&M-Baylor game in Waco in 1985 (we lost). Did not go again until the Cotton Bowl against Tenn about 20 years later (lost and banned from any more games by our son). Then went to the A&M Baylor game in 2008 (ban was lifted) and we lost for the first time to them since that 1985 game. My son has now banned her for life and she is not allowed to watch games live either.
:lol: -
Good point Mud. Crennel is still a good D coordinator, but not good HC material. But another question...those that go nowhere after their time in Cleveland, is some of that attributed to the fact no one wanted to give them a chance after the ineptitude they showed while here? Perception can be killer. I suppose the arguement can be made those that are great would rise above that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login