Skip to content

*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

The Browns Board
218 36 4.8k 1
  • I'd like to keep the backup center, Reiter.   And I kinda' like the way that Roback kid throws the ball.

    @orion said:

    I'd like to keep the backup center, Reiter.   And I kinda' like the way that Roback kid throws the ball.

    I was going to create a thread about this. I thought the kid seemed special ed to me on the HBO show. But good God does he have an arm.... I feel better about him sitting behind Baker than Stanton.. Keep 3 QB's  Taylor, Baker Roback..

    Also how the Shmuck is that Dayes kid???  Where did he come from. he was killing it last night.

  • Daynes was a special teamer last year while crowel sucked on the field.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    well, Tiam, all that should be gleaned from your nonsense criteria of "better" is your fave is the second year player, with a 2.6 career average per carry, only a third down back with a lack of strength to break a tackle...

    got that, Tiamsies? analyze that, bigshot. They are different players - Chubb is a powerful three down back, while Dayes is a third down back that lacks strength.

    ****************************************************

          different types of players, Tiam. Your little Tiam critique is crapola 

    *watches game vs lions* 

    giphy.gif

    @tiamat63 said:

    *watches game vs lions* 

    giphy.gif

    ...

    lol. exhibition game, ya? I said I like Dayes, you dissed Chubb, and I said they were different type players.

    Personally, I haven't watched the first half of the Browns Lions game yet, but I think it's a tough call between

    Dayes and Hilliard. Duke goes WR. Dayes is still a veteran, though, and Chubb is a rookie. Say, how about Chubb's vision you don't like, eh?

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/nick-chubb-dances-through-defenders-for-fourth-down-td

    BTW, I believe Hilliard is a meaner blocker by far - I don't know how the Browns don't agonize over some of these cuts.

       Like McKinnon and Rice, dbs. I wouldn't be able to cut them. Too much talent.

  • @orion said:

    I'd like to keep the backup center, Reiter.   And I kinda' like the way that Roback kid throws the ball.

    I was going to create a thread about this. I thought the kid seemed special ed to me on the HBO show. But good God does he have an arm.... I feel better about him sitting behind Baker than Stanton.. Keep 3 QB's  Taylor, Baker Roback..

    Also how the Shmuck is that Dayes kid???  Where did he come from. he was killing it last night.

    @bobpound said:

    Also how the Shmuck is that Dayes kid???  Where did he come from. he was killing it last night.

    Late round pick last year, and had a good showing in preseason last year too. Then sort of disappeared once the regular season began.

  • dancing through guys fighting for ps spots 

  • Duke is not moving to WR.

    Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

    Zombo

  • the Browns are going to have one hell of a tough time, with losing guys off their practice squad now.

  • I thought Hilliard looked kinda' slow last night.   Dayes might latch on because of special teams.

    We have to bare in mind that last night's game was against the Lions backups and backups to the backups.  We had some OLinemen playing who are/were starters for us (Reiter being one of 'em).

  • I thought Hilliard looked kinda' slow last night.   Dayes might latch on because of special teams.

    We have to bare in mind that last night's game was against the Lions backups and backups to the backups.  We had some OLinemen playing who are/were starters for us (Reiter being one of 'em).

    @orion said:

    I thought Hilliard looked kinda' slow last night.   Dayes might latch on because of special teams.

    We have to bare in mind that last night's game was against the Lions backups and backups to the backups.  We had some OLinemen playing who are/were starters for us (Reiter being one of 'em).

    Reiter is not a starter for us.  He is the backup OC to JC Tretter.   The only starter was Zeitler, and that was because he needed the work, not having played yet this season.  Otherwise the Browns had all backups playing on both offense and defense, and perhaps even some special teams. (I know the return men were backups)

  • @orion said:

    I thought Hilliard looked kinda' slow last night.   Dayes might latch on because of special teams.

    We have to bare in mind that last night's game was against the Lions backups and backups to the backups.  We had some OLinemen playing who are/were starters for us (Reiter being one of 'em).

    Reiter is not a starter for us.  He is the backup OC to JC Tretter.   The only starter was Zeitler, and that was because he needed the work, not having played yet this season.  Otherwise the Browns had all backups playing on both offense and defense, and perhaps even some special teams. (I know the return men were backups)

    @the-gipper said:

    Reiter is not a starter for us.

    He started games for us.  And Corbert played.

  • Duke is not moving to WR.

    Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Duke is not moving to WR.

    Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

    Zombo

    Duke will be listed as a RB.  Where he lines up on the field is another matter. 

    Edit: Reiter has some game to him.  I feel very comfortable with him backup up Tretter.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Reiter is not a starter for us.

    He started games for us.  And Corbert played.

    @orion said:

    He started games for us.  And Corbert played.

    He has started one game in his career, two years ago:

    Games

     
    Year Age
    Career
    2016 25
    2017 26
    2018 27
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS AV

    Career

    And, are you saying that Corbett is going to be a starter?  Has that been determined?

    2016 25 CLE c 62 1 1 0
    2017 26 CLE   62 16 0 1
    2018 27 CLE   62 0 0  
  • Duke is not moving to WR.

    Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Duke is not moving to WR.

    Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

    Zombo

    I'd rather lose the FB

  • Zombo said:

    Duke is not moving to WR.

    Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

    Zombo

    I'd rather lose the FB

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd rather lose the FB

    But he’s Vitale to our success.

  • coach Haley handed over the play calling duties to coach Kitchens last night this is a reach   but hell yes could this spell doom for hue as coach Haley takes over and then tells hue to get the fuk off my bus

  • sydS syd

    coach Haley handed over the play calling duties to coach Kitchens last night this is a reach   but hell yes could this spell doom for hue as coach Haley takes over and then tells hue to get the fuk off my bus

    @syd said:

    coach Haley handed over the play calling duties to coach Kitchens last night this is a reach   but hell yes could this spell doom for hue as coach Haley takes over and then tells hue to get the fuk off my bus

    So if Kitchens is writing the plays, does that mean every game we’ll be throwing the Kitchens ink at them?

  • Dayes has some speed

    Mayfield has the quickest release and most fearless gun of any QB the Browns have had since returning as V 2.0

    I don't think the pass rush is going to be all that.

    The Sears and Roebuck kid looks as sharp as Mayfield

    TieRod Tylor needs to do his thing and be gone in 4 weeks. The Browns need to build around Mayfield. I have no idea why they even signed that jackoff. He surely won't teach Mayfield anything. Why let him start?

  • Dayes has some speed

    Mayfield has the quickest release and most fearless gun of any QB the Browns have had since returning as V 2.0

    I don't think the pass rush is going to be all that.

    The Sears and Roebuck kid looks as sharp as Mayfield

    TieRod Tylor needs to do his thing and be gone in 4 weeks. The Browns need to build around Mayfield. I have no idea why they even signed that jackoff. He surely won't teach Mayfield anything. Why let him start?

    @ghoolie said:

    I don't think the pass rush is going to be all that.

    Big IF, but IF they are able to trade for Mack, our pass rush would rival Denver's.

  • Preseason final NFL stats  https://www.footballdb.com/stats/index.html  topic if need to..  Browns #1 in points allowed at 46 total points.Balt=72,Cinn.=80,Pitt.,=95?

  • @ghoolie said:

    I don't think the pass rush is going to be all that.

    Big IF, but IF they are able to trade for Mack, our pass rush would rival Denver's.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Big IF, but IF they are able to trade for Mack, our pass rush would rival Denver's.

    Agreed. However, the Browns trading for big names is not exactly high probability.