Skip to content

Bengals fans taking OBJ trade well...

The Browns Board
99 23 4.7k 1
  • You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)
  • You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

    @texasag1969 said:

    You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

    I sure drank a bunch of that crap when I was in San Antonio. Cheap shit a Serviceman could afford. I swear the Army & Airforce kept them in business.

    I agree on Shiner Bock. Easy drinking, good beer.

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    The Andygator... totally different depth of flavor... but a pair with a meal brew, IMO.

    Ah.... the "Coors' Mystique". Really not sure anything changed other than the fact that you could finally get "the banquet beer". It was  available in Texas long before it was in Ohio. Time was when I took vaca's to CLE I toted Coors to Dad and he, the pre-expansion Stroh's (a/k/a mothers' milk) to me.

    As for Yuengleng... it's just a nice "everyday driver"... smooth enough to drink solo... hefty enough to stand up to a variety of spicy foods with which I prefer a brew over the grape.

    Stroh's was just one step ahead of goblin piss.

    @the-gipper said:

    Stroh's was just one step ahead of goblin piss.

    dad would stock 3 different beers in the garage fridge..nobody drank that Stroh's chit, so it became my first beer i ever drank in backyard tent camping..moving to his Pabst blue ribbon got me yard duties on Saturdays ? ain't no chance Pabst ? ever won no blue ribbons ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

    I sure drank a bunch of that crap when I was in San Antonio. Cheap shit a Serviceman could afford. I swear the Army & Airforce kept them in business.

    I agree on Shiner Bock. Easy drinking, good beer.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I sure drank a bunch of that crap when I was in San Antonio. Cheap shit a Serviceman could afford. I swear the Army & Airforce kept them in business.

    I agree on Shiner Bock. Easy drinking, good beer.

    Mike

    Nothing beats the first beer I ever drank. Cerveza Polar in Venezuela was a German Pilsner. Great for downing freshly shucked oysters on the half shell with lime on 'em right on the beach. the cost was about 2 Bolivares which at that time was around 40 cents for a beer and a dozen oysters. "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."?️??

    Now there is a big fucking power plant right on the beach about a mile from where we hung out. It was placed right on top of a small coral reef and on inland from the beach. Very stupid place to put it.?

    https://www.google.com/maps/@10.499085,-68.1533005,1785m/data=!3m1!1e3

  • Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

  • Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    @tour2ma said:

    Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    When I got back from "Nam (1968), I was stationed in DC. We would go to the Varsity Grille in College Park Maryland where we could drink 16oz Carling Black Labels for $1.00 (yes, a BUCK!) & eat free peanuts in the shell until we were toasted. It was the 1st time I ever saw a 16 oz beer & don't ask how we got back to DC!...Remember the line..

    "Hey Mabel! Black Label! Carling Black Label Beer!"

    POC? I never heard officially, but....."Pride Of Cleveland",  "Pilsner Of Cleveland", & "Piss Of Cleveland" are what I have heard, depending upon your tastes.  ?

    Mike

  • Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    @tour2ma said:

    Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Or maybe it is because you have shit for taste when it comes to beer.

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    Other than nostalgia, it essentially stood for  Piss Of Cleveland.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    When I got back from "Nam (1968), I was stationed in DC. We would go to the Varsity Grille in College Park Maryland where we could drink 16oz Carling Black Labels for $1.00 (yes, a BUCK!) & eat free peanuts in the shell until we were toasted. It was the 1st time I ever saw a 16 oz beer & don't ask how we got back to DC!...Remember the line..

    "Hey Mabel! Black Label! Carling Black Label Beer!"

    POC? I never heard officially, but....."Pride Of Cleveland",  "Pilsner Of Cleveland", & "Piss Of Cleveland" are what I have heard, depending upon your tastes.  ?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    When I got back from "Nam (1968), I was stationed in DC. We would go to the Varsity Grille in College Park Maryland where we could drink 16oz Carling Black Labels for $1.00 (yes, a BUCK!) & eat free peanuts in the shell until we were toasted. It was the 1st time I ever saw a 16 oz beer & don't ask how we got back to DC!...Remember the line..

    "Hey Mabel! Black Label! Carling Black Label Beer!"

    POC? I never heard officially, but....."Pride Of Cleveland",  "Pilsner Of Cleveland", & "Piss Of Cleveland" are what I have heard, depending upon your tastes.  ?

    Mike

    Actually, technically   Pilsener On Call.

  • You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

    @texasag1969 said:

    You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

    Ah yes. Pearl lite. As Tour said- don't let the 'fridge get too cold or it will freeze. The closest thing out of a beer can to a babbling brook I ever drank.  🙂  

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nothing beats the first beer I ever drank. Cerveza Polar in Venezuela was a German Pilsner. Great for downing freshly shucked oysters on the half shell with lime on 'em right on the beach. the cost was about 2 Bolivares which at that time was around 40 cents for a beer and a dozen oysters. "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."?️??

    Polar Beer- the oxymoron. I had several back in '97 in Curacao down there for the total solar eclipse. 

    @tour2ma said:

    Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    Gip beat me to it, Pilsner on Call. Can't say I ever drank any of it. An aside to Tour- I wasn't really much impressed with Stroh's even if it was "fire brewed". Knowing what I know now about fermentation- it's beyond me how you could fire brew beer without killing the yeast.   

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You ain't lived if you never had riverwalk dirtwater like this shit brewed right there in San Antonio. Thank God Shiner, Texas came along and saved our reputation with Shiner Bock.

     
    Pearl: A History of San Antonio's Iconic Beer (American Palate)

    Ah yes. Pearl lite. As Tour said- don't let the 'fridge get too cold or it will freeze. The closest thing out of a beer can to a babbling brook I ever drank.  🙂  

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nothing beats the first beer I ever drank. Cerveza Polar in Venezuela was a German Pilsner. Great for downing freshly shucked oysters on the half shell with lime on 'em right on the beach. the cost was about 2 Bolivares which at that time was around 40 cents for a beer and a dozen oysters. "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end."?️??

    Polar Beer- the oxymoron. I had several back in '97 in Curacao down there for the total solar eclipse. 

    @tour2ma said:

    Loved Stoh's... the original brewery's, fire-brewed version anyway. Maybe because I am half Bohemian...

    Pearl? Its mention reminded me Pearl Light.... the only beer that ever froze in my refrigerator... lol. That one six-pack was my only purchase.

    Carling... my first drunk was on it. Still remember the ads they ran about "fresh beer"... especially the one where they diverted the bottling line right into a bar.

    P.O.C. anyone? 😮

    Gip beat me to it, Pilsner on Call. Can't say I ever drank any of it. An aside to Tour- I wasn't really much impressed with Stroh's even if it was "fire brewed". Knowing what I know now about fermentation- it's beyond me how you could fire brew beer without killing the yeast.   

    @hoorta said:

    I wasn't really much impressed with Stroh's even if it was "fire brewed". Knowing what I know now about fermentation- it's beyond me how you could fire brew beer without killing the yeast.   

    And Coors prides itself on the opposite, cold mountain stream water (underground stream at the Boulder brewery) that is used to cold brew their beer and kept cold all the way to you in your local store or on tap in bars. No fires there for sure.?️?

  • Back to our fellow Ohioans, the delusions of grandeur keep on coming:

    Bengals.JPG.5871ba8d48a7cf62bc752a3f5c26e6c9.JPG

    Bengals2.JPG.7e4b103551729a00973a33d1731ac9dd.JPG

  • AJ Green more than a basic ankle sprain today at practice -- carted off

  • AJ Green more than a basic ankle sprain today at practice -- carted off

    @unsympathetic said:

    AJ Green more than a basic ankle sprain today at practice -- carted off

    & dere goes your season Hoo Deys. Youze already minus the entire season without your first round LT savior Jonah. Take out extra life insurance Dandy Andy. 

  • Back to our fellow Ohioans, the delusions of grandeur keep on coming:

    Bengals.JPG.5871ba8d48a7cf62bc752a3f5c26e6c9.JPG

    Bengals2.JPG.7e4b103551729a00973a33d1731ac9dd.JPG

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Back to our fellow Ohioans, the delusions of grandeur keep on coming:

    Bengals.JPG.5871ba8d48a7cf62bc752a3f5c26e6c9.JPG

    Bengals2.JPG.7e4b103551729a00973a33d1731ac9dd.JPG

    Overconfident Bungle fans. Not everyone giving the Browns the Lombardi just yet. You have a totally unproven head coach and now AJ is hurt again. Sooo sorry.  There's a reason they have the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Last time I looked the Bungles were looking up at the lousy Browns at the end of the 2018 season. Welcome to being the ignored team of the NFL- the cure is to start winning, and 6-10 won't buy you any love from the national media.

    Buy a clue Bungle fans- nothing is going to change until tightwad Mike Brown is out of the picture. You're acting like geeze, I wish Mike would spend some money to attract better free agents. Face it, you're always going to be second fiddle to the Reds like the Rams were to the Cardinals in St Louis unless in the unlikely event you win a Super Bowl.  I'd be near ready to bet the ranch the Stripers will be under .500 after the first 8 games. road Seahawks, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Rams.

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    Back to our fellow Ohioans, the delusions of grandeur keep on coming:

    Bengals.JPG.5871ba8d48a7cf62bc752a3f5c26e6c9.JPG

    Bengals2.JPG.7e4b103551729a00973a33d1731ac9dd.JPG

    Overconfident Bungle fans. Not everyone giving the Browns the Lombardi just yet. You have a totally unproven head coach and now AJ is hurt again. Sooo sorry.  There's a reason they have the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Last time I looked the Bungles were looking up at the lousy Browns at the end of the 2018 season. Welcome to being the ignored team of the NFL- the cure is to start winning, and 6-10 won't buy you any love from the national media.

    Buy a clue Bungle fans- nothing is going to change until tightwad Mike Brown is out of the picture. You're acting like geeze, I wish Mike would spend some money to attract better free agents. Face it, you're always going to be second fiddle to the Reds like the Rams were to the Cardinals in St Louis unless in the unlikely event you win a Super Bowl.  I'd be near ready to bet the ranch the Stripers will be under .500 after the first 8 games. road Seahawks, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Rams.

    @hoorta said:

    Overconfident Bungle fans. Not everyone giving the Browns the Lombardi just yet. You have a totally unproven head coach and now AJ is hurt again. Sooo sorry.  There's a reason they have the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Last time I looked the Bungles were looking up at the lousy Browns at the end of the 2018 season. Welcome to being the ignored team of the NFL- the cure is to start winning, and 6-10 won't buy you any love from the national media.

    Buy a clue Bungle fans- nothing is going to change until tightwad Mike Brown is out of the picture. You're acting like geeze, I wish Mike would spend some money to attract better free agents. Face it, you're always going to be second fiddle to the Reds like the Rams were to the Cardinals in St Louis unless in the unlikely event you win a Super Bowl.  I'd be near ready to bet the ranch the Stripers will be under .500 after the first 8 games. road Seahawks, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Rams.

    In another thread I already said that the 3 or 4 teams that we’re going to be in the running for the number one overall draft pick next year included the Bengals the Giants the dolphins the 49ers and the Cardinals. 

  • Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

    Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

  • Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

    Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

    @the-gipper said:

    Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

    Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

    nope, still waiting on mri results that rapaport thinks is a high sprained ankle..Give Ryan Finley a chance? i thought he would be the next qb to go after Haskins. or was he? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

    Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

    nope, still waiting on mri results that rapaport thinks is a high sprained ankle..Give Ryan Finley a chance? i thought he would be the next qb to go after Haskins. or was he? 

    @gumby73 said:

    nope, still waiting on mri results that rapaport thinks is a high sprained ankle..Give Ryan Finley a chance? i thought he would be the next qb to go after Haskins. or was he? 

    I think Finley was taken in the 4th round....In checking, yes  round 4  #104 overall

    These are the QBs taken in the last draft:

    1 1 Arizona Cardinals Kyler Murray  QB Oklahoma Big 12 2018 Heisman Trophy winner
      1 6 New York Giants Daniel Jones  QB Duke ACC  
      1 15 Washington Redskins Dwayne Haskins  QB Ohio State Big Ten  
      2 42 Denver Broncos Drew Lock  QB Missouri SEC from Cincinnati [R2 - 6]
      3* 100 Carolina Panthers Will Grier  QB West Virginia Big 12  
      4 104 Cincinnati Bengals Ryan Finley  QB NC State ACC from San Francisco [R4 - 1]
      4 133 New England Patriots Jarrett Stidham  QB Auburn SEC from LA Rams [R4 - 19]
      5 166 Los Angeles Chargers Easton Stick  QB North Dakota State MVFC  
      5 167 Philadelphia Eagles Clayton Thorson  QB Northwestern Big Ten from Kansas City via LA Rams and New England [R5 - 13]
      6 178 Jacksonville Jaguars Gardner Minshew  QB Washington State Pac-12  
      6 197 Baltimore Ravens Trace McSorley  QB Penn State Big Ten from Philadelphia [R6
  • Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Does anyone see it like me?  That Dalton is on a short leash?  

    Or, more likely, like I said, they leave him in there, tank the season, and look to get Tua, or Justin Herbert in next year's draft?

    @the-gipper said:

    Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Out 6-8 weeks

  • @the-gipper said:

    Any word on the AJ Green injury?   Could he be gonzo all year long?

    Out 6-8 weeks

    @dutch-oven said:

    Out 6-8 weeks

    An MRI revealed that Bengals’ WR A.J. Green has torn ligaments in his left ankle that is likely to sideline him six to eight weeks, source tells ESPN. Green is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener at Seattle.