Skip to content

Chubb at GA

The Browns Board
33 10 772 1
  • @canton-mike said:

    I followed him in college & WAY preferred Chubb over Sony Michel.

    Brown's RBs? Chubb needs to play awhile longer, but (IMHO) he's a step above Byner & has the potential to move closer to the Leroy Kelly & Jim Brown level. He's a special RB.

    Mike

    Yeah... I'm not sure what Bill saw in Sony Michel.. Nice back.. But Chubb is the best back in the biz right now.. Zeke Elliott is pretty good but can't stay on the field or he's too doped up like Ricky Williams..

    @nickers said:

    Yeah... I'm not sure what Bill saw in Sony Michel.. Nice back.. But Chubb is the best back in the biz right now.. Zeke Elliott is pretty good but can't stay on the field or he's too doped up like Ricky Williams..

    Chubb came off a nasty knee injury. I never actually saw it before researching it now. It’s not for the feint of heart to see, while coming after the play AND out of bounds. 

    Probably the main reason he wasn’t a 1st rounder. What a selection by Dorsey, anyhow. 

  • I followed him in college & WAY preferred Chubb over Sony Michel.

    Brown's RBs? Chubb needs to play awhile longer, but (IMHO) he's a step above Byner & has the potential to move closer to the Leroy Kelly & Jim Brown level. He's a special RB.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Brown's RBs? Chubb needs to play awhile longer, but (IMHO) he's a step above Byner & has the potential to move closer to the Leroy Kelly & Jim Brown level. He's a special RB.

    Mike

    Throwback Thursday!

           Georgia's Nick Chubb came into the NFL one inch taller, and 3 pounds heavier than former Clemson RB Kevin Mack in his rookie year (got to be those pillow shoulder pads)

    Toledo's Kareem Hunt also came into the NFL one inch taller, but 14 pounds lighter than East Carolina's RB Ernest Byner

    Per HOF... Only 6 RB duo's have both rushed for over 1000 yards in same season, while playing on the same team.. Mack & Byner were 3rd to ever..

    35 years later ?...Could N. Chubb & K.Hunt be the 7th ever?

  • I’m just here for the popcorn

  • @ballpeen said:

    I live in a tri- state area.  The Georgia state line is 11 miles from the house.  As the bird flies, Alabama is maybe 20 miles over Lookout Mountain.  As such, you see a lot of different hats when in a sports bar, thus, I was very aware of Nick.  

    You see a lot of different games, but you are always going to see the Vols, Bulldogs, and the Tide.

    I don't know...if you watched college football you knew that he sort of split time with Sony Michel at GA.

    And what?  You don't see much about the Commodores there? 

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know...if you watched college football you knew that he sort of split time with Sony Michel at GA.

    And what?  You don't see much about the Commodores there? 

    Not many Vandy fans.  You only see them when they are playing a team you want to watch.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't know...if you watched college football you knew that he sort of split time with Sony Michel at GA.

    And what?  You don't see much about the Commodores there? 

    Not many Vandy fans.  You only see them when they are playing a team you want to watch.

    @ballpeen said:

    Not many Vandy fans.  You only see them when they are playing a team you want to watch.

    Why is Vandy even a member of the SEC?

  • @ballpeen said:

    Not many Vandy fans.  You only see them when they are playing a team you want to watch.

    Why is Vandy even a member of the SEC?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why is Vandy even a member of the SEC?

    Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

  • I live in a tri- state area.  The Georgia state line is 11 miles from the house.  As the bird flies, Alabama is maybe 20 miles over Lookout Mountain.  As such, you see a lot of different hats when in a sports bar, thus, I was very aware of Nick.  

    You see a lot of different games, but you are always going to see the Vols, Bulldogs, and the Tide.

    @ballpeen said:

    I live in a tri- state area.  The Georgia state line is 11 miles from the house.  As the bird flies, Alabama is maybe 20 miles over Lookout Mountain.  As such, you see a lot of different hats when in a sports bar, thus, I was very aware of Nick.  

    You see a lot of different games, but you are always going to see the Vols, Bulldogs, and the Tide.

    SEC territory. That's the big boys' conference. 

  • @nickers said:

    Yeah... I'm not sure what Bill saw in Sony Michel.. Nice back.. But Chubb is the best back in the biz right now.. Zeke Elliott is pretty good but can't stay on the field or he's too doped up like Ricky Williams..

    Chubb came off a nasty knee injury. I never actually saw it before researching it now. It’s not for the feint of heart to see, while coming after the play AND out of bounds. 

    Probably the main reason he wasn’t a 1st rounder. What a selection by Dorsey, anyhow. 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Chubb came off a nasty knee injury. I never actually saw it before researching it now. It’s not for the feint of heart to see, while coming after the play AND out of bounds. 

    Probably the main reason he wasn’t a 1st rounder. What a selection by Dorsey, anyhow. 

    Not many backs go in the 1st round these days. A lot of very good backs go in the 2nd and 3rd. Only 1 back went in the 1st round this year, with the last pick in the 1st. And only one RB went in the 1st in 2019.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why is Vandy even a member of the SEC?

    Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

  • Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

  • Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Well....the Big 12 didn't fare any better, honestly.  Here are the rankings for those schools:

    38.  Texas

    351-400 Iowa St.

    401-500:   Kansas,  OK Stl

    Over 500:  Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech,  West Va. Kansas St.

     The Final  P-5 Conference,  the ACC does much better:

    20.  Duke

    38. Georgia Tech

    54. North Carolina

    107.  Virginia

    115.   Pitt

    201-250:  Miami,   Wake Forest, Va. Tech

    251-300:  Florida St.  Syracuse;

    301-350:  Boston College,  NC St.

    Over 500:  Clemson,  Louisville

    Honestly though, I have to take this ranking with a grain of salt.  It seems very Eurocentric, and I don't know if they have a clue about American schools. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

    Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

    Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

    Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

    Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

    @mjp28 said:

    I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

    Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

    Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

    Number of schools in the Top 200 per each conf.:

    Big Ten:  12

    Pac 12:   8

    ACC:  5

    SEC: 3

    Big 12:   1

    Ivy League school rankings:

    6. Princeton

    7. Harvard

    8. Yale

    11.  Penn

    16. Columbia

    19. Cornell

    53. Brown

    94. Dartmouth

    FYI....this ranking had   Cal Tech,  Stanford, and MIT rated above any of the Ivy League schools. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

    This takes a genius to figure out?

    I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

    Just saying

  • Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

    This takes a genius to figure out?

    I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

    Just saying

    @ballpeen said:

    Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

    This takes a genius to figure out?

    I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

    Just saying

    The question had to do with Vanderbilt being in the SEC where Dutch  said that it was there to "bring up the GPA" of the conference, just as Northwestern is in the Big Ten to bring up its "GPA".....so I started checking out the data......and the above is what I found.  I did not know what the result of the data was going to be, (though honestly I did suspect that the Big 10 would rank out higher overall). But I did just give the data. So don't blame me....blame the data. (note I also said that you may have to take these rankings...and all rankings of this sort... with a grain of salt).

    And I am aware that FLA.  law has a good rep.   (almost as good as  Cleveland-Marshall...😆😛

    (actually....US News and World Report ranks   Fla.  at #48,   CSU at #106) 

    http://schools.lawschoolnumbers.com/rankings/us-news-report-law-school-rankings

    (as for a Doctor...I would reccommend  Johns Hopkins or the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    @icecube said:

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    Fascinating, I guess?.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    @icecube said:

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

  • @icecube said:

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    @icecube said:

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    50/50