Skip to content

Cincinnati Bengals in Super Bowl LVI

The Browns Board
31 18 969
  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #1

    They are the real deal and will represent the AFC (North) in the big game.

    Congratulations to the Bengals.

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I live in the Cincinnati area, so I'm happy for all my family and friends who are Bengals fans that they got to see their team make it to the big dance.

    It also pisses me off that much more that the Browns blew it this season, because we went 2-0 against the Bengals.

  • I live in the Cincinnati area, so I'm happy for all my family and friends who are Bengals fans that they got to see their team make it to the big dance.

    It also pisses me off that much more that the Browns blew it this season, because we went 2-0 against the Bengals.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I live in the Cincinnati area, so I'm happy for all my family and friends who are Bengals fans that they got to see their team make it to the big dance.

    It also pisses me off that much more that the Browns blew it this season, because we went 2-0 against the Bengals.

    So does Kentucky get to celebrate the win too?

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #4

    good for joe and what did they say ? that only joe nammath joe montana  have won the fbs and a super bowl will burrow make it 3 joes ?

  • N Neo

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I live in the Cincinnati area, so I'm happy for all my family and friends who are Bengals fans that they got to see their team make it to the big dance.

    It also pisses me off that much more that the Browns blew it this season, because we went 2-0 against the Bengals.

    So does Kentucky get to celebrate the win too?

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @neo said:

    So does Kentucky get to celebrate the win too?

    For sure, the northern half at least. Alot of good party spots near Cincinnati are actually in Covington and Newport. Open carry alcohol is a thing there too.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #6

    For me the frustrating part is watching cincy shut down the run..

    Yes, it's all well and good to Hope And Wish for guys who can both shut down the run and rush the passer, but those guys are a who's who of who's not coming to Cleveland. And so the Browns answer to date has been a stream of guys who are sort-of-OK at both but aren't lockdown at either one.  Bengals said F all that, just stop the interior run.. and it's working.

  • good for joe and what did they say ? that only joe nammath joe montana  have won the fbs and a super bowl will burrow make it 3 joes ?

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @atom said:

    good for joe and what did they say ? that only joe nammath joe montana  have won the fbs and a super bowl will burrow make it 3 joes ?

    Flacco

  • AxeA Axe

    @atom said:

    good for joe and what did they say ? that only joe nammath joe montana  have won the fbs and a super bowl will burrow make it 3 joes ?

    Flacco

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @axe said:

    Flacco

    flacco won a champoinship game in collage ? i didnt know that 

  • @axe said:

    Flacco

    flacco won a champoinship game in collage ? i didnt know that 

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @atom said:

    flacco won a champoinship game in collage ? i didnt know that 

    My bad, Thought we were talking SBs

  • AxeA Axe

    @atom said:

    flacco won a champoinship game in collage ? i didnt know that 

    My bad, Thought we were talking SBs

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @axe said:

    My bad, Thought we were talking SBs

    thats cool axe but you know things happen in 3 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I said it before and ill say it again- Joe Burrow is the easiest QB eval I've done since Andrew Luck.  

    Hurts to see him in Cincy and not CLE - where the bastion of Buckeye support is.

  • I said it before and ill say it again- Joe Burrow is the easiest QB eval I've done since Andrew Luck.  

    Hurts to see him in Cincy and not CLE - where the bastion of Buckeye support is.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tiamat63 said:

    I said it before and ill say it again- Joe Burrow is the easiest QB eval I've done since Andrew Luck.  

    Hurts to see him in Cincy and not CLE - where the bastion of Buckeye support is.

    It's frustrating that the Browns do a tank job, end up with the #1 overall pick and end up with Baker Mayfield, while the Bengals do the same and end up with Joe Burrow. 

    The difference between the two outcomes of tank jobs is, IMO, going to be felt for a decade plus. 

  • I said it before and ill say it again- Joe Burrow is the easiest QB eval I've done since Andrew Luck.  

    Hurts to see him in Cincy and not CLE - where the bastion of Buckeye support is.

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by jbluhm86
    #13

    @tiamat63 said:

    I said it before and ill say it again- Joe Burrow is the easiest QB eval I've done since Andrew Luck.  

    Hurts to see him in Cincy and not CLE - where the bastion of Buckeye support is.

    If Baker doesn't ball out next year, he's done. Browns were better in almost every position and coaching than the Bengals this year except QB [edit: and WR] and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl while Browns nation is sitting here talking about "what if".

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I said it before and ill say it again- Joe Burrow is the easiest QB eval I've done since Andrew Luck.  

    Hurts to see him in Cincy and not CLE - where the bastion of Buckeye support is.

    If Baker doesn't ball out next year, he's done. Browns were better in almost every position and coaching than the Bengals this year except QB [edit: and WR] and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl while Browns nation is sitting here talking about "what if".

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @jbluhm86 said:

    If Baker doesn't ball out next year, he's done. Browns we're better in almost every position and coaching than the Bengals this year except QB, and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl while Browns nation is sitting here talking about "what if".

    The Bengals are significantly better at the WR position too, but I get your overall point. 

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I would've respected Baker alot more this year if he shut it down for the year after 1-2 games after he got hurt, at the most? Would we still have sucked with Keeum playing instead of Baker? Maybe, maybe not. But by Baker being stubborn and playing while he's obviously hurt bad, he cost us several games. If he would've shut it down and had surgery earlier, he'd be well on the road to recovery and had ample time to prepare for the '22 season and nobody would really have much to burn him for. All he accomplished by being stubborn and playing through the injury was that he got himself hurt worse and hurt his team.

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    If Baker doesn't ball out next year, he's done. Browns we're better in almost every position and coaching than the Bengals this year except QB, and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl while Browns nation is sitting here talking about "what if".

    The Bengals are significantly better at the WR position too, but I get your overall point. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Bengals are significantly better at the WR position too, but I get your overall point. 

    Browns spend 124.3M on offense..Defense 65.6M.... QB's 27.2M....Offensive Line..47.2M*

    Bengals spend 67.1M on offense.. Defense 85.5M.... QB's  9.8M......Offensive Line..20.9M*

    Burrow's OL looks as bad as the Seattle SB runs...It's not bothered Burrow 1 iota.. Oddly..they must have backed OBJ's salary out? Says we match the WR Bengals around 19M  

    https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Interesting case studies this postseason…

    Bengals- Jonah Williams and a patchwork line around him.  They needed a lineman but took a WR in the top 10.  
     

    Rams- traded away every pick they own for veterans to complete their roster all this happened after aggressively going after a QB in the offseason.  Their old QB played in a SB for them a couple seasons ago. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The Bengals are significantly better at the WR position too, but I get your overall point. 

    Browns spend 124.3M on offense..Defense 65.6M.... QB's 27.2M....Offensive Line..47.2M*

    Bengals spend 67.1M on offense.. Defense 85.5M.... QB's  9.8M......Offensive Line..20.9M*

    Burrow's OL looks as bad as the Seattle SB runs...It's not bothered Burrow 1 iota.. Oddly..they must have backed OBJ's salary out? Says we match the WR Bengals around 19M  

    https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @gumby73 said:

    Browns spend 124.3M on offense..Defense 65.6M.... QB's 27.2M....Offensive Line..47.2M*

    Bengals spend 67.1M on offense.. Defense 85.5M.... QB's  9.8M......Offensive Line..20.9M*

    Burrow's OL looks as bad as the Seattle SB runs...It's not bothered Burrow 1 iota.. Oddly..they must have backed OBJ's salary out? Says we match the WR Bengals around 19M  

    https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

    It hurts the Browns' cap space for not drafting their wide receivers. Obj and Landry were about 14 million or more each, and hooper gets big money this coming season. The Bengals drafted all three of their starting wr's - Boyd, Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. Paying top money to get a big name wr costs a lot more. And the Bengals would LOVE to have the Browns' offensive line. I just wonder if Hooper and Landry fit into their plans for next year, they cost so much.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I don't see Hooper or Landry on the Browns next year. 

  • I don't see Hooper or Landry on the Browns next year. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @d-bone said:

    I don't see Hooper or Landry on the Browns next year. 

    You may be correct. I like Jay Rose, University of Connecticut in a late round