Skip to content

? Official Preseason Game Thread: Browns at Jaguars.

The Browns Board
131 27 4.0k 1
  • @unsympathetic said:

    Don't watch

    on it unless you're entertained by slow-motion telestrator analysis of the moment various guys have snapped their ACL.. 

    Thanks..I'd be more worried about a meniscus injury the way that knee joint buckled.. We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    @oconrecon said:

    Ford had himself a game.  102 rushing yards & 2 TD’s.  
     

    Does AB call Tretter?

    Welcome in Ocon..

    hate it for Nick Harris.. Harris looks like that draftee, from the day they get drafted, that can't avoid injuries.. His short/stubby frame finds non-balance.. than SNAP's !

    Something seems up with Tretter?  might he retire?/less money? maybe his body may need a Gronk layoff year?

    The way this NFLPA keeps getting hosed? Tretter maybe a good NFLPA hire they should look into 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @gumby73 said:

     We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    Your keyboard to God's ears, especially now that Becton is out.  Myles might have 3 sacks that game alone.

  • @gumby73 said:

     We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    Your keyboard to God's ears, especially now that Becton is out.  Myles might have 3 sacks that game alone.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @tiamat63 said:

    Your keyboard to God's ears, especially now that Becton is out.  Myles might have 3 sacks that game alone.

    news says,Jets got somewhat lucky, (while overpaying) a 36 y.o. better Dwayne Brown within hours of Becton's injury..

    the Jets also have the ageless George Fant, who will play which side? Maybe they didn't overpay D.Brown to play LT?

    Do the Hawks have anyone left after paying Jamal Adams? 😆

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #99

    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRyBhPNc/
     

    the ol Baker Mayfield special on this throw.

  • I still might stick with the Browns board nickname for the Jacksonville team: 

    The Faguars.

    Is that in poor taste?

    WSS

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @westside-steve said:

    I still might stick with the Browns board nickname for the Jacksonville team: 

    The Faguars.

    Is that in poor taste?

    WSS

    Apparently it pissed somebody off.

    Duly noted whoever the guest was.

    WSS

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Re: Alex Wright.  I was pretty critical of him in my assessment of the few games I watched after he was announced during the draft.   

    I get it's still very early, the biggest things he needed to work on, fundamentals that were SO damn bad, I was hoping to see a bit of immediate improvement.  Unfortunately we still have a long way to go.

    Still lowering his head into contact and not using his wingspan to keep himself clean.   Sure, he might have inside leverage on the RT's shoulders, but it doesn't matter when you're playing high, head down and unbalanced.

    29415890_Wrightheaddown1.thumb.jpg.b97bf8f97075d6be41ef7c5557dd4bbd.jpg

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Unbalanced so his momentum, and a generous hip toss by the RT, puts him WAY upfield.

    As a result, we have a wide open rushing lane.   Have to win your assignment, keep your leverage, stack then rip.  Can't give a RB a clean lane like this.  Running defense is about 11 men being unselfish and assignment sound.

    1457508181_Wrightheaddown2.thumb.jpg.0dcb33c01082f8b710953b52d16cfb30.jpg

    -----------------------------------------------------

    On the bright side, talking about our rookies, was Emerson.   I know everyone is hyped about the pick, and rightfully so.  He showed great strength and patience at the line, had a great feel for the route, then just took the ball away.    But my excitement came from something that doesn't feel as common as it used to in the NFL - tackling.

    No coaches tape available yet, but it looks like EM was in his deep 1/3rd, read then broke.  He didn't wait for this to get to Harrison then clean up.  He went for, and put on, a pretty damn good form tackle.   See that? Head up, eyes up, shoulder to the side...  I can't ask for much more.

    And it's exciting because when you have corners that are physical beyond playing routes, then it's a relief seeing them get involved.  Opens more possibilities to how you draw up run fits when DB's can reliably attack and get the ball carrier to the ground.

    From that very same play with Alex above.....     

    1869114990_EMform.thumb.jpg.049c2301a4e46a0f7a1c289e25c2c810.jpg

  • Jets QB Zach Wilson left their preseason game tonight with a non-contact knee injury. 

    Yikes. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jets QB Zach Wilson left their preseason game tonight with a non-contact knee injury. 

    Yikes. 

    No wonder the players love preseason so much.

    WSS

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    That play Emerson made, muscling the ball away from the receiver for the pick 6.  If that's the level of intensity we are going to see from the Browns this season, we should be in for a good one! 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @tiamat63... Emerson has that tackling frame that reminds me of a young Richard Sherman, that can physically wear down some AFCN WR's ... 

    Excellent pick-up of EM's, framed view in your photo above.. Well done sir ! 

    I hope to see Tyler Boyd crossing his path ?

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by

    Looks like someone updated a wiki page…

    42484F0D-2BB3-4551-A9E2-76C79E3A7DB6.jpeg

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    Meanwhile, Rosen quietly had a good performance with the limited time he had. He made a nice throw on the move to his left. I would like to see more of him.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Don't watch

    on it unless you're entertained by slow-motion telestrator analysis of the moment various guys have snapped their ACL.. 

    Thanks..I'd be more worried about a meniscus injury the way that knee joint buckled.. We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    @oconrecon said:

    Ford had himself a game.  102 rushing yards & 2 TD’s.  
     

    Does AB call Tretter?

    Welcome in Ocon..

    hate it for Nick Harris.. Harris looks like that draftee, from the day they get drafted, that can't avoid injuries.. His short/stubby frame finds non-balance.. than SNAP's !

    Something seems up with Tretter?  might he retire?/less money? maybe his body may need a Gronk layoff year?

    The way this NFLPA keeps getting hosed? Tretter maybe a good NFLPA hire they should look into 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    Ugh. Harris out for the season

    Wilson out 2-4 weeks -- bone bruise and torn meniscus. 

    @gumby73 said:

    I'd be more worried about a meniscus injury

    Good call, 100% right

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    Browns vs Jags replay of the game is on Direct TV 212 NFL Network on Wed 4pm EDT.

    For those like me who could not see the game other than highlights.

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by

    Meanwhile, most of the media had Watson as sucking.

    I will say that three dropped accurate passes, an underthrow and an overthrow is not bad for a QB being out as long as he had.

  • Browns vs Jags replay of the game is on Direct TV 212 NFL Network on Wed 4pm EDT.

    For those like me who could not see the game other than highlights.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Browns vs Jags replay of the game is on Direct TV 212 NFL Network on Wed 4pm EDT.

    For those like me who could not see the game other than highlights.

    Summer hours just ended for me.  Next week I'm back to working until 5.  🙁

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Browns vs Jags replay of the game is on Direct TV 212 NFL Network on Wed 4pm EDT.

    For those like me who could not see the game other than highlights.

    Summer hours just ended for me.  Next week I'm back to working until 5.  🙁

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Summer hours just ended for me.  Next week I'm back to working until 5.  🙁

    Record it. I play racquetball from 3-5 CDT (4-6 EDT) Wed, so I'm recording it. Since I already know the outcome that allows me to speed through commercials.?

  • @orion said:

    Summer hours just ended for me.  Next week I'm back to working until 5.  🙁

    Record it. I play racquetball from 3-5 CDT (4-6 EDT) Wed, so I'm recording it. Since I already know the outcome that allows me to speed through commercials.?

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Record it. I play racquetball from 3-5 CDT (4-6 EDT) Wed, so I'm recording it. Since I already know the outcome that allows me to speed through commercials.?

    Senior league?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Record it. I play racquetball from 3-5 CDT (4-6 EDT) Wed, so I'm recording it. Since I already know the outcome that allows me to speed through commercials.?

    Senior league?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Senior league?

    Well one for sure anyway.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Record it. I play racquetball from 3-5 CDT (4-6 EDT) Wed, so I'm recording it. Since I already know the outcome that allows me to speed through commercials.?

    Senior league?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Senior league?

    Senior league or señora league ?

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Senior league?

    Senior league or señora league ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Senior league or señora league ?

    I got my butt whipped many a time by one. Of course she had been so good a few years before that the Racquet maker Ektelon sponsored her. ???

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/how-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-martin-emerson-jr-and-the-rest-of-the-browns-defense-graded-vs-the-jaguars.html%3foutputType=amp

     Have to disagree with PFF on Winfrey's grade.  Almost feels like his and Taven's should be flipped. 

     I've only ever spoken to one of their data scientists. At least, that was his job title listed on his Facebook.  And the conversation was..... frustrating. 

     Could have sworn I saved screenshots of it on my desktop.