Skip to content

Voting Resources

Political Discussion
69 12 1.5k
  • @jax said:

    issue one is a hard no btw, doesn't matter if you're dem or rep.

    Jax, it's a hard no- only if you're a hard core Card Carrying member of the GOP...  Got an interesting flyer in the mail yesterday from the retired Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court. (supporting Issue 1 BTW) The gerrymandered districts the Republicans drew up were rejected by the court SEVEN stinking times over the years. IIRC, Ohio voters passed initiatives a couple times to try and curtail the republican dominated redistricting's commission's bullshit- and It didn't work.  

    So Welcome to nuclear Issue 1, taking redistricting out of the hands of politicians. From my POV- it was time to tell DeWine and the other GOP members on the commission to go pound salt. Hardly surprising that they'd draw up districts favoring their political pals. Ever take a look at what Jim Jordan's district looks like? I have.   ?

    @hoorta said:

    Jax, it's a hard no- only if you're a hard core Card Carrying member of the GOP...  Got an interesting flyer in the mail yesterday from the retired Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court. (supporting Issue 1 BTW) The gerrymandered districts the Republicans drew up were rejected by the court SEVEN stinking times over the years. IIRC, Ohio voters passed initiatives a couple times to try and curtail the republican dominated redistricting's commission's bullshit- and It didn't work.  

    So Welcome to nuclear Issue 1, taking redistricting out of the hands of politicians. From my POV- it was time to tell DeWine and the other GOP members on the commission to go pound salt. Hardly surprising that they'd draw up districts favoring their political pals. Ever take a look at what Jim Jordan's district looks like? I have.   ?

    Yes, anytime an issue is backed by the ACLU it has our best interests at heart. ???

  • Hoorta is a 100 percent bleeding heart liberal/communist.

  • JaxJ Jax

     I think it will pass and it's a huge mistake.

    You guys don't know who's behind it, what if it's a conservative special interest group? What if the Republicans want it to pass?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    In layman’s terms, and assuming l understand the gist of the amendment, rather than have our elected officials do the gerrymandering, we’re going to appoint a panel of 15 people to do it instead, and those people will consist of republicans, democrats and independents, and what they say goes and that’s just how it’ll be. 

    Bleed gets it, you don't just put people in charge you know nothing about and haven't been voted in.

    Right now our elected officials are held accountable, after this they will not be.(whoever they will be)

    You guys are so quick to give away our freedoms and protection.

    @jax said:

     I think it will pass and it's a huge mistake.

    You guys don't know who's behind it, what if it's a conservative special interest group? What if the Republicans want it to pass?

    Bleed gets it, you don't just put people in charge you know nothing about and haven't been voted in.

    Right now our elected officials are held accountable, after this they will not be.(whoever they will be)

    You guys are so quick to give away our freedoms and protection.

    We know Republicans aren't behind it because they're currently behind fighting it and continuing to gerrymander. 

    The folks will be vetted by a committee of retired judges. The group will be split evenly across party lines. 

    The current system of "accountability" is a joke. The people in charge are stacking the deck and making it increasingly difficult to hold them accountable (the gerrymandering). Having fair districts isn't something that should be up to politicians. They should just be a fact of life. 

    Honestly surprising to me that conservatives have convinced the base to essentially be pro gerrymandering. But I imagine they realize they're voting more to keep Republicans with an advantage and not really concerning themselves about how. 

    For the record I don't care which party this would or wouldn't benefit. I see it as an obvious change that needs to happen. Like ranked choice voting and fixing our electoral college 

  • Just wondering if they're many things as useless as premature poll/prognosis/speculation?

    WSS

  • It's always going to be considered gerrymandering by the side with less power.

    Giving in to fear mongering as always.

  • @jax said:

     I think it will pass and it's a huge mistake.

    You guys don't know who's behind it, what if it's a conservative special interest group? What if the Republicans want it to pass?

    Bleed gets it, you don't just put people in charge you know nothing about and haven't been voted in.

    Right now our elected officials are held accountable, after this they will not be.(whoever they will be)

    You guys are so quick to give away our freedoms and protection.

    We know Republicans aren't behind it because they're currently behind fighting it and continuing to gerrymander. 

    The folks will be vetted by a committee of retired judges. The group will be split evenly across party lines. 

    The current system of "accountability" is a joke. The people in charge are stacking the deck and making it increasingly difficult to hold them accountable (the gerrymandering). Having fair districts isn't something that should be up to politicians. They should just be a fact of life. 

    Honestly surprising to me that conservatives have convinced the base to essentially be pro gerrymandering. But I imagine they realize they're voting more to keep Republicans with an advantage and not really concerning themselves about how. 

    For the record I don't care which party this would or wouldn't benefit. I see it as an obvious change that needs to happen. Like ranked choice voting and fixing our electoral college 

    @mld-woody said:

    For the record I don't care which party this would or wouldn't benefit. I see it as an obvious change that needs to happen. Like ranked choice voting and fixing our electoral college 

    That's what makes your opinion worthless.

  • I voted for every Repub except for 2 in my district and no on everything else.

  • JaxJ Jax

    It's always going to be considered gerrymandering by the side with less power.

    Giving in to fear mongering as always.

    @jax said:

    It's always going to be considered gerrymandering by the side with less power.

    Giving in to fear mongering as always.

    Except .... No ... That's not how this works. 

    You're dismissing everything as gerrymandering so you can defend... Gerrymandering. 

    Look, man, if you only goal is to vote for whatever gives Republicans the most power, regardless of any fairness or anything else, then that's your choice. Just don't pretend you're doing anything more than that. 

  • @jax said:

    It's always going to be considered gerrymandering by the side with less power.

    Giving in to fear mongering as always.

    Except .... No ... That's not how this works. 

    You're dismissing everything as gerrymandering so you can defend... Gerrymandering. 

    Look, man, if you only goal is to vote for whatever gives Republicans the most power, regardless of any fairness or anything else, then that's your choice. Just don't pretend you're doing anything more than that. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Except .... No ... That's not how this works. 

    You're dismissing everything as gerrymandering so you can defend... Gerrymandering. 

    Look, man, if you only goal is to vote for whatever gives Republicans the most power, regardless of any fairness or anything else, then that's your choice. Just don't pretend you're doing anything more than that. 

    You support Gerrymandering, just trying to hide it with a Yes vote which supports Gerrymandering.  

  • @jax said:

    It's always going to be considered gerrymandering by the side with less power.

    Giving in to fear mongering as always.

    Except .... No ... That's not how this works. 

    You're dismissing everything as gerrymandering so you can defend... Gerrymandering. 

    Look, man, if you only goal is to vote for whatever gives Republicans the most power, regardless of any fairness or anything else, then that's your choice. Just don't pretend you're doing anything more than that. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Look, man, if you only goal is to vote for whatever gives Republicans the most power, regardless of any fairness or anything else, then that's your choice. Just don't pretend you're doing anything more than that. 

    Classic projection.

  • JaxJ Jax

    @mld-woody said:

    Look, man, if you only goal is to vote for whatever gives Republicans the most power, regardless of any fairness or anything else, then that's your choice. Just don't pretend you're doing anything more than that. 

    Classic projection.

    @jax said:

    Classic projection.

    Ok, so you've got nothing. Basically what I was expecting. 

    Carry on

  • Which liberal is this on here?

  • I hope....

    https://redstate.com/mccabe/2024/11/05/5000-partiers-expected-at-free-upstate-ny-election-watch-party-under-massive-vote-for-trump-sign-n2181576

    5,000 Partiers Expected at Free Upstate N.Y. Election Watch Party Under Massive 'Vote for Trump' Sign

  • Hoorta is a 100 percent bleeding heart liberal/communist.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Hoorta is a 100 percent bleeding heart liberal/communist.

    what? anyone who won't kiss Trump's demented ass is a communist? I beg to differ on that one.  

  • Hoorta is a 100 percent bleeding heart liberal/communist.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Hoorta is a 100 percent bleeding heart liberal/communist.

    what? anyone who won't kiss Trump's demented ass is a communist? I beg to differ on that one.  

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Hoorta is a 100 percent bleeding heart liberal/communist.

    what? anyone who won't kiss Trump's demented ass is a communist? I beg to differ on that one.  

    @hoorta said:

    what? anyone who won't kiss Trump's demented ass is a communist? I beg to differ on that one.  

    Go watch some abortion videos…cheer you right up I bet.

  • @hoorta said:

    what? anyone who won't kiss Trump's demented ass is a communist? I beg to differ on that one.  

    Go watch some abortion videos…cheer you right up I bet.

    @hammertime said:

    Go watch some abortion videos…cheer you right up I bet.

    Try to follow along hammer.  Gee, I've only said this around a dozen times here.  I happen to be pro life, and anti abortion... I even donated fairly regularly to the (now defrocked) Father Frank Pavone's Priests for Life- until he devolved into trying to hit me up for contributions every two weeks.  And sold my name and address to every anti abortion group in the country.  FYI- I do keep a spreadsheet of who's asking me for money, and how often. It's now 210 lines long. ?

  • @hammertime said:

    Go watch some abortion videos…cheer you right up I bet.

    Try to follow along hammer.  Gee, I've only said this around a dozen times here.  I happen to be pro life, and anti abortion... I even donated fairly regularly to the (now defrocked) Father Frank Pavone's Priests for Life- until he devolved into trying to hit me up for contributions every two weeks.  And sold my name and address to every anti abortion group in the country.  FYI- I do keep a spreadsheet of who's asking me for money, and how often. It's now 210 lines long. ?

    @hoorta said:

    Try to follow along hammer.  Gee, I've only said this around a dozen times here.  I happen to be pro life, and anti abortion... I even donated fairly regularly to the (now defrocked) Father Frank Pavone's Priests for Life- until he devolved into trying to hit me up for contributions every two weeks.  And sold my name and address to every anti abortion group in the country.  FYI- I do keep a spreadsheet of who's asking me for money, and how often. It's now 210 lines long. ?

    but you vote for abortion on demand - even pba candidates,

    go figure.

  • @hoorta said:

    Try to follow along hammer.  Gee, I've only said this around a dozen times here.  I happen to be pro life, and anti abortion... I even donated fairly regularly to the (now defrocked) Father Frank Pavone's Priests for Life- until he devolved into trying to hit me up for contributions every two weeks.  And sold my name and address to every anti abortion group in the country.  FYI- I do keep a spreadsheet of who's asking me for money, and how often. It's now 210 lines long. ?

    but you vote for abortion on demand - even pba candidates,

    go figure.

    @calfoxwc said:

    but you vote for abortion on demand - even pba candidates,

    go figure.

    Go figure Cal... I'm not a one issue voter...  FWIW, one of the preeminent American Catholic Prelates- Bishop Robert Barron recently said it's OK to not be one. 

    Well- I'll give you my thinking on abortion. Even though I consider it seriously morally wrong, let's assume abortion was 100% legal (BTW- after birth abortion- killing a viable fetus outside of the womb is considered infanticide). Should a woman choose to have an abortion, I've never heard of a case where someone put a gun to her head and told her she had to have one.