Skip to content

The Official Browns at Patriots Game 8 Thread

The Browns Board
124 23 2.0k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Easier to adjust when you have a greater range of abilities in your personnel, especially at QB. 

    Let me ask you an honest question. I’m not trying to get your goat. How many years does Kevin get a pass for “bad roster” until we think it’s more than roster personnel issues? Is it after the Watson contract is off the books?

    when I see his coaching tree or peers (KOC , Lafluer, Shanahan, Steichen, etc) maximizing talent with cast offs ,injuries , and just otherwise similar talent , when does Kevin get the piss for wildly underperforming offense? I mean surely, at some point the finger has to point to him right ? By all accounts Gabriel was his guy, and this is awful. 

    I’ve said multiple times I think Kev is an above average coach. I just think the puzzle pieces are not fitting anymore. 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @jrb12711 said:

    Let me ask you an honest question. I’m not trying to get your goat. How many years does Kevin get a pass for “bad roster” until we think it’s more than roster personnel issues? Is it after the Watson contract is off the books?

    when I see his coaching tree or peers (KOC , Lafluer, Shanahan, Steichen, etc) maximizing talent with cast offs ,injuries , and just otherwise similar talent , when does Kevin get the piss for wildly underperforming offense? I mean surely, at some point the finger has to point to him right ? By all accounts Gabriel was his guy, and this is awful. 

    I’ve said multiple times I think Kev is an above average coach. I just think the puzzle pieces are not fitting anymore. 

    The owner’s given him a pass until at least the end of the season per his last interview this weekend. 

  • @syd said:

    I have never seen a SO CALLED BROWNS fan take more enjoyment out of losing than you nickers, that is why I really do not like you , so I would tell you to eat a bag of dicks that you could share  with your friends on the poli board. but i do not like them either, so just fuck off then

    Awww you mad????

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @nickers said:

    Awww you mad????

    that we lost again, yes dumbass I am mad, at you ? pffttt No, But i will say this,, your daddy should have swallowed 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Let me ask you an honest question. I’m not trying to get your goat. How many years does Kevin get a pass for “bad roster” until we think it’s more than roster personnel issues? Is it after the Watson contract is off the books?

    when I see his coaching tree or peers (KOC , Lafluer, Shanahan, Steichen, etc) maximizing talent with cast offs ,injuries , and just otherwise similar talent , when does Kevin get the piss for wildly underperforming offense? I mean surely, at some point the finger has to point to him right ? By all accounts Gabriel was his guy, and this is awful. 

    I’ve said multiple times I think Kev is an above average coach. I just think the puzzle pieces are not fitting anymore. 

    The owner’s given him a pass until at least the end of the season per his last interview this weekend. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @mddawg said:

    The owner’s given him a pass until at least the end of the season per his last interview this weekend. 

    well he is the fucking dumbass who made the trade that crippled us

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #65

    I only watched parts of the first half and around last 5 minutes of the game to watch a turnover turn into negative two points. Of note Shedeur made that play backed up in his end zone in the preseason. Can anyone tell me if Dillon stretched the field at all?

  • I only watched parts of the first half and around last 5 minutes of the game to watch a turnover turn into negative two points. Of note Shedeur made that play backed up in his end zone in the preseason. Can anyone tell me if Dillon stretched the field at all?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @mddawg said:

     Can anyone tell me if Dillon stretched the field at all?

    not that I remember

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Damn. Listened on the radio, depressing.

    I'll be back home tomorrow after a month on the road. Last game I saw on tv was the London debacle. 

    I wasn't expecting playoffs but figured a 6 or 7 win season. Looks like that's a stretch.

    BYE week, then the NYJets who are also coming off of a BYE. The schedule makers really have me irritated, that's at least 2 Browns opponents coming off a BYE, unheard of.

  • I only watched parts of the first half and around last 5 minutes of the game to watch a turnover turn into negative two points. Of note Shedeur made that play backed up in his end zone in the preseason. Can anyone tell me if Dillon stretched the field at all?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @mddawg said:

    Can anyone tell me if Dillon stretched the field at all?

    He threw an INT 55 yards downfield.

  • Back up to #4 in the draft. Tank-a-thon is real

    IMG_2598.png

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @browns149 said:

    Back up to #4 in the draft. Tank-a-thon is real

    IMG_2598.png

    With all the great No. 1 picks the Browns have had........

  • @mddawg said:

    Can anyone tell me if Dillon stretched the field at all?

    He threw an INT 55 yards downfield.

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @orion said:

    He threw an INT 55 yards downfield.

    He stretched the field from side to side between -6 and 10 yards from the line of scrimmage

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #71
    Sep 20, 2025The Cleveland Browns are drawing heavy criticism after starting the 2025 season with consecutive losses. Head coach Kevin Stefanski promised fans a clear offensive plan, but the unit continues struggling to find consistency through two games. Several question whether rookies Dillon Gabriel or ...
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #72

    https://sports.yahoo.com/article/former-steelers-oc-bruce-arians-192843959.html

    "

    As the Steelers and the Browns prepare for their divisional matchup in Week 6, Pittsburgh's former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians offered some brutal criticism of Cleveland's head coach Kevin Stefanski.

    On Tuesday, Arians made a guest appearance on The Pat McAfee Show and was asked to give his opinion on Stefanski — to which the former Steelers offensive coordinator offered this savage response:

    "I don't know how he's kept his job this long,"

    ."

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #73

    ok, I mentioned the play-calling. At times, it was pitiful. Stefudski doesn't get it, doesn't have the instincts to be a head coach.

    Guess what I just found:

    Today Explore Mike Vrabel's bold criticism of Kevin Stefanski's play calling following the Browns' disappointing loss. Don't miss the insights!
     
    "During a press conference, Vrabel addressed the game with a focus on the Browns’ offensive decisions. He described the play calling as “questionable,” suggesting that the strategies employed did not effectively utilize the team’s strengths. The bluntness of his critique underscored the frustrations that can arise after a game where the outcome starkly contrasts expectations."
  • ok, I mentioned the play-calling. At times, it was pitiful. Stefudski doesn't get it, doesn't have the instincts to be a head coach.

    Guess what I just found:

    Today Explore Mike Vrabel's bold criticism of Kevin Stefanski's play calling following the Browns' disappointing loss. Don't miss the insights!
     
    "During a press conference, Vrabel addressed the game with a focus on the Browns’ offensive decisions. He described the play calling as “questionable,” suggesting that the strategies employed did not effectively utilize the team’s strengths. The bluntness of his critique underscored the frustrations that can arise after a game where the outcome starkly contrasts expectations."
    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @calfoxwc said:

    "During a press conference, Vrabel addressed the game with a focus on the Browns’ offensive decisions. He described the play calling as “questionable,” suggesting that the strategies employed did not effectively utilize the team’s strengths. The bluntness of his critique underscored the frustrations that can arise after a game where the outcome starkly contrasts expectations."

    What offensive team strengths does this team have? 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    "During a press conference, Vrabel addressed the game with a focus on the Browns’ offensive decisions. He described the play calling as “questionable,” suggesting that the strategies employed did not effectively utilize the team’s strengths. The bluntness of his critique underscored the frustrations that can arise after a game where the outcome starkly contrasts expectations."

    What offensive team strengths does this team have? 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #75

    Screenshot_20251026_193512_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8daa0c50db7c0984ca5956e25863a42d.jpg

    @dutch-oven said:

    What offensive team strengths does this team have? 

    Andrew Callahan@_AndrewCallahan
    Mike Vrabel: “When their gimmick plays ran out, we played pretty good defense.”
  • Sep 20, 2025The Cleveland Browns are drawing heavy criticism after starting the 2025 season with consecutive losses. Head coach Kevin Stefanski promised fans a clear offensive plan, but the unit continues struggling to find consistency through two games. Several question whether rookies Dillon Gabriel or ...
    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @calfoxwc said:

    Sep 20, 2025The Cleveland Browns are drawing heavy criticism after starting the 2025 season with consecutive losses. Head coach Kevin Stefanski promised fans a clear offensive plan, but the unit continues struggling to find consistency through two games. Several question whether rookies Dillon Gabriel or ...

    Not correct.  The Browns have 2 Generals in charge of their offense:  General Confusion and General Panic

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #77

    The owner is tanking before the new stadium move. Hoping rookies bring some excitement. 

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #78

    I think the analytics were wrong on Gabriel and the football guys were right. I'm sure he has a high football IQ, but not the physical traits to be an NFL QB at least not enough to overcome his size.

    Sanders doesn't have the IQ, and has showed F tier pocket presence in pre season. The season is dead but at least there's next year.

    I think it makes sense to give Gabriel the jets and then give sanders some games, evaluate what you got.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    "During a press conference, Vrabel addressed the game with a focus on the Browns’ offensive decisions. He described the play calling as “questionable,” suggesting that the strategies employed did not effectively utilize the team’s strengths. The bluntness of his critique underscored the frustrations that can arise after a game where the outcome starkly contrasts expectations."

    What offensive team strengths does this team have? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @dutch-oven said:

    What offensive team strengths does this team have? 

    Well.......anyone gonna step up to the plate and answer that question?

    It's NOT running between the Tackles...right?

    It's NOT running outside of the Tackles...right?

    It's NOT throwing to the outside WR's...right?  

    We don't have a magical Wes Welker slot guy right?  

    We have a couple of good TE's.....a midget QB....and an woefully underperforming offensive line.  What are ya going to do with that?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What offensive team strengths does this team have? 

    Well.......anyone gonna step up to the plate and answer that question?

    It's NOT running between the Tackles...right?

    It's NOT running outside of the Tackles...right?

    It's NOT throwing to the outside WR's...right?  

    We don't have a magical Wes Welker slot guy right?  

    We have a couple of good TE's.....a midget QB....and an woefully underperforming offensive line.  What are ya going to do with that?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @orion said:

    Well.......anyone gonna step up to the plate and answer that question?

    It's NOT running between the Tackles...right?

    It's NOT running outside of the Tackles...right?

    It's NOT throwing to the outside WR's...right?  

    We don't have a magical Wes Welker slot guy right?  

    We have a couple of good TE's.....a midget QB....and an woefully underperforming offensive line.  What are ya going to do with that?

    Punt.

  • @browns149 said:

    Back up to #4 in the draft. Tank-a-thon is real

    IMG_2598.png

    With all the great No. 1 picks the Browns have had........

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    With all the great No. 1 picks the Browns have had........

    We had a guy, that drafted a GREAT No. 1 pick. He was fired, by an incompetent owner, that listens to NON-FOOTBALL people

    I’m no Baker Boy, but DAMN, he is better then any person Berry has ever drafted.

    Jimmy is a LOSER. And always will be