@speedyd900rr said:
Why is it that everytime I turn on the television I can see or hear a black guy calling a white guy cracker, honkey, white trash, white boy, and its ok? Hell, most of the time they even add a laugh track to it so the small minded people watching think it's funny.
Gotta love America. It's the only place on earth where blacks can be racist towards whites and whites are forced to accept it.
I wonder what would happen if I wrote an article and refered to a group of black football players as a batch of brownies? Would I be labeled a racist even though they call us crackers and such? I mean if it's ok for them to pick a derogatory word that describes the white race then why isnt it ok for whites to do the same?
Does anyone know where the term cracker came from? At first I thought it was because of the color but they have dark crackers to so that doesn't work. Ive also heard that in the old days the slaves would call the man who stood in the field holding a whip "the cracker" becuase of the cracking sound it made when he used it but I dont know if thats true either. If it is then they are only degrading themselves everytime they say it so that doesn't make sense.
Although this is a VERY touchy subject, I have half black children. Ex was black, obviously, and I try to teach them from what Martin Luther said, not what the world presents now. Dont judge by color, but from character.
Either way, you are spot on with how you feel, and again, I am teaching my children the same. Racism is still alive because people wont LET it die, and mostly from the people YELLING racism every day. People no longer live in fear of racism, they hide behind their color and say thats why bad things happen to them. I get so sick of it.
Anywho, before anyone goes off, everyone is created equal, whether you believe in creation or not, it is what it is.