Field Service Engineer for MRI systems. I get to live in hotels half the time and I must say its not very fun but doing something different everyday makes it worth it.
eqrulz101
Posts
-
What Does Everyone Do For A Living? -
Tim Couch Weighs InCan someone explain to me why listening to what Tim Couch has to say about our QB situation pisses me off?
Thats simple because its been the same story of the Browns since we have come back. We have been doing everything wrong we could have for the last ten years. Not taking the Ricky Williams trade and drafting a QB with our first overall pick on an expansion team. No quarterback could of suceeded in that situation. Six or seven years of consecutive first round busts. Never getting our talent level up then drafting a QB. And now here we are yanking a QB after 2 1/2 games because it must be the QB's fault. Not the lack of talent at the O-lline, the running game and oh ya only one legitimate threat at the wr posistion. So what happens next year? We start all over again and draft that QB (dooming whoever it is to failure) because that is what this team really lacks. LMFAO. We need play makers, we need leaders, we need talent.
So getting back to the point this story pisses you off because you realize we are in the exact same posistion we were ten years ago with ZERO propress.
-
Anderson to start against the BengalsIm with WPB here, the NUMBER 1 WORST thing that can happen is us drafting a QB in the first round of next years draft. We do not have the talent on this team that a rookie can come in and devolp sucessfully. All we will do is ruin somebody elses career. We need to build this team up with talent, Eric Berry for starters next year then get our QB. I hoped it would be Quin so we didnt have to draft a QB down the road but that ship has sailed with Mangi pulling him after 3 games (only in cleveland would something like that take place). Hope we can get that first round out of him now. If you knew you were only gonna give him a short lease to suceed or fail they should have just traded him at peak value. How freaking stupid do you have to be to believe that any QB can be successful with the talent we have on this team after 3 games. What a freaking joke. Oh by the way where are those damn rookie WR we drafted in the 2nd round. We must have drafted like shit because i see rookie WRs picked after our guys being big contributors to their new teams. Meanwhile our guys havent even seen the damn field.
-
Defensive problems solved in one Draft pickIf we could get this guy it would be worth one more crap season.
-
DefenseOur defense looked like swiss cheese. So far Ive only seen the first half but man did we look horrible. No pressure, couldnt stop the run and getting beat deep. Man our defense is something to worry about. I think if BQ started the whole first half you would have seen some points on the board. Our defense on the other hand had nothing that looked good. My only hope is that Rogers makes that big of a difference, but if he does we are in trouble. What happens if he gets hurt? Our season is down the tubes? You have to get better pressure then what we got and you cant give up the deep ball.
-
Browns Win.... NFL's #1 most snake bit team.
Just finished watching NFL's top 10 and as soon as I seen they were doing the top 10 snake bit teams, I knew the Browns would be number 1. Still kills me that the damn Ravens won a super bowl after leaving. Just kills me.
-
Fantasy Football League SignupsAnybody else doing any leagues? Was going to join Peen's but he is doing the draft on Sept 5 and I will be on vacation that week.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1Ok I can't stand it any longer.......it's LIBERAL.
Man, that gets on my nerves worse than seeing Brodney Poole over and over.
I guess I'm too anal.........uh, you know, in the OCD kind of way, not the Lums kind of way.
Ya I noticed it about 2 posts ago but Im typing fast cause I really should have been gone already. I knew I shouldnt get sucked into a debate with a LIBERAL, it gives ME a headache but I coudnt help myself.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1LOL, OMG, it just gets funnier.
mz the pussy let's keep this going until he catches on.
I cant spell I told you that nor am I going to take the extra effort to change how I post just so you cant insult me. Insult me I dont really care, my points have merit and as long as you focus on my spelling and less on the issues at hand the more you prove my point. But I would expect no less from a libral. Keep proving how much better you are then me because you can correct my spelling, doesnt hurt my feelings.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1mz. said:
No dude. YOU were the one insinuating that "Liberals" somehow AREN'T those things.Hence, funny. And high-and-mighty as shit, too.
While librals do for the most part work hard and want a better life for their kids I dont believe they have a live and let live attitude. Anybody that doesnt see things the way they do, the tear down and try and destroy. All you need do is look at your personal attacks on me to see that statement has some merit.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1mz. said:
No? Huh?? That's exactly what you wanted...I didnt state me personally as being smarter then any libral. I stated I would like to see a study as far as in general percentages. You want to make it personal because that is what librals do. They want to tear down the messenger so nobody wants to stand up and fight. Attack the basis of what I am saying not me personally. I know its hard for you not to resort to normal tactics but give it a try you my learn something. Hell maybe Ill learn something. That is the great thing about debate, both sides can learn.
The problem with personal attacks is all it does is try and shut one side up so the other side can say "see they are a dumbass dont listen to them" with out ever saying anything meaningful.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1mz. said:
Holy shit is that funny.Kosar, I'd vote for this......
Please elaborate, to me there is nothing funny about that statment, that is a fact. Are you trying to insinuate that conservatives dont work hard? Or that they dont want a better life for there kids? Or that they dont have a live and let live attitude?
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1mz. said:
You're "conservative," right? Me, I'm one of the "mushbrain" Liberals, brainwashed by TV with my head in the sand...Well, here's your informal study right here, though I'm far from non-partisan.
LMAO I tried to get spell check because a I knew for a fact some libral would come back at me and say you cant spell so you must be stupid, well I downloaded it but didnt want to have to restart my comp.
Yea I cant spell but I am not as stupid as you would like to believe. Im not going to have a pissing contest with you and try to show my intellengce.
All I will say is this, you didnt try to challenge me on the content of what I wrote you instead went after me personally trying to make me out to be stupid so there for my statements must be stupid as well. Challenge me on the content of what I wrote and not that fact that I cant spell for shit.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1@shepwrite said:
It's really hard to credit presidents with good or bad economies, but I'd look at long runs of one party or the other. At the end of Reagan-Bush, we had a massive crash. And at the end of W we had the biggest crash since the Depression.At the least, it looks really sucky on their resumes. I wouldn't claim fiscal success if I were a Republican. Or mention anything that has to do with military (Iraq, torture, etc.).
I'd stick with vague generalities about small towns, white people, and the good old days. Toss in some scares about gay Arab abortionists, etc. Paper tiger stuff.
Seriously, the GOP as it was is dead. They have to re-brand, and they can't do that with a Bush or three old white guys in a Denny's or wherever they were last month. It'll have to be way bigger and more inclusive than that.
The only people that give vague generalities are librals because on the surface what they stand for sounds good and all but when put to practice all it does is hurt the people that are willing to work in life. Spread the wealth does nothing but hurt the people that suceed in life and allow the bums on social programs sit on their ass and collect a monthly check.
Forced reitirement plan (Social Security) sounds good and all but put into practice you have what you we have today, a system that is bankrupting the goverment and not paying out what it was promised to do. If people put the same amount of money they give the goverment for S.S. into the Stockmarket they would be millioniers by the time they reitired instead of collecting a couple hundred dollars a month from the goverment.
I am sick to death of hearing white male and that is all the republicans are. That is just not the case, conservatives are the people that work hard in life, strive to make their kids life better then theirs and have the live and let live mentality. They dont want the goverment providing for them and they dont want the goverment in their life. It doesnt matter wether you are white, black, hispanic or asian, it doesnt matter if your male or female. Those things dont matter to the conservitive they matter to the libral that wants to divied and conquer. By pitting woman against men, black against white they get people to stop looking a the problem and focus on the us vs them mentilty. That blinds people into following the crowd and make socity in the sheep they are today that believe whatever they are told.
You want to talk about specifics, lets talk about specifics. What do you think is going to happen when Cap and Trade is passed? The U.S will lose thousands of jobs that will move over seas when the cost of production out weighs profitiablity. By charging a tax on Carbon (the most basic component of life, you breathing creates carbondioxide) the cost of business is going to skyrocket, meaning electric bills going up, cost of gas going up, price of food going up, all the while causing businesses to have less money for salaries. Now with all that stated what effect do you think that will have on the economy?
This is the part where you say but that will force people to go green and create all these green jobs. Every facit of our life will be effected by this Cap and Trade tax, do you honestly believe that millions of green jobs are gonna be created out of thin air to replace the jobs that will be lost to companies moving over seas? Its not going to happen.
Lets talk about Carter in the 70's before you try and claim fiscal sucess for the Librals. He created an economy every bit as bad as what we are facing now, the difference is we had Regan in the 80's to clean up the mess. Now we have Carter 2.0 trying to clean up the mess, lets see where we are in 4 years. I have a feeling it wont be where Regan got us. We are going to be in far worse shape if Obama keeps going down the path he is taking us.
As far as war goes, we went into Iraq with the belief of weapons of mass destruction, it was proved wrong but that does not change the fact that we liberated a country and got a tyrannt out of power, I think that is a good thing and have no problems with bringing it up. Waterboarding is not torture and it has been proven not to be torture. Torture is having the intent to harm someone, the intent to harm was never there but the information we gathered has saved thousands of lives. Again not somthing I have a problem with discussing.
Your problem is like so many other librals, you have blind faith in your party, you will tow the party line with out thinking about the issue and coming up with our own conclusions. Until you and most people in America start to realize our goverment is playing one big game where both parties are equally hurting our country we will get what we have always gotten, goverment getting bigger taking more and more freedoms until one day we wake up to a country that no longer offers the American Dream but a life of slavery to our goverment where nothing we do will change our position in life because it has been laid out for us.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1@shepwrite said:
Veg, that makes no sense at all: You know you make statements that are wrong?Uhm... huh?
The widening and narrowing isn't an opinion. I posted the Harvard study on the other board. It just is what it is. You don't have to like it... but now you know.
And the big "crashes" of recent past came at the ends of Bush administrations after at least 8 years of Republican rule, late '80s and the more recent one.
The GOP didn't become extinct from too much success, you know.
First of all studies are easily slanted towards ones point of view and Harvard is known for its libral bais as are most univeristies today.
The GOP is on far from extinct, the problem with the GOP is that it is being divided between people that want to conform to the mainstream and those that want to stay with more conservitive values. You hear it all the time, when someone says they are a Republican they almost always have to add in that they are conservitive not just republican. Being republican does not stand for what it use to and that is the problem.
Not to mention all the brainwashing that is going on today from television and our schools. Dems go after the mushbrains that dont pay attention to whats really going on and you see the effect of it today. I would love to see a study of intelligence between Libral and Conservitive (by a non-partisian enitity) or if not intelligence atleast a study on how knowledgeable the two sides are on the political issues of the day. I guarentee the conservitive will know more about what is going on then the liberal will, atleast on an overall basis.
-
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in US, Cincinnatti #1Care to give me 3 examples of a Democrat POTUS, aside from the bubble based economy of Clinton (whom I will give credit to) of the above statement?
And fiscal conservatives tens to create jobs. I am not sure you know this, but Clinton and Kennedy were both fiscal conservatives. Bush was not.
Come on man, you know you make statements all the time concerning politics that are incorrect.
Please stop.
I would just like to point out that during Clintons Presidency that the internet was the cause of the booming economy. I dont know why people havent realized that to be the case. Clinton was president from 1992 to 2000. During that same period was the when the internet became huge and had a huge effect on the way businesses operated not to mention all the new .com's that were created. While everybody would like to credit Clinton as being this great president, I think it was more timing then anything. The credit for the economy in the 90's has more to do with the sucess of Regan and what he did for the country in the 80's, providing an economy that allowed the Bill Gates of the world start out in his garage and build the empire he has today.
-
Pretty Much The Greatest Browns Highlight Video Ever -
The Expansion Browns Best Victory YetBelieve it or not my favorite game of the new Browns era was a lost to Pitt. As much as I hated that we lost, It was our first return to the playoffs and we led for most of the game, Holcomb tore it up and we let them come back in the last quater but for 3 qtrs I had the time of my life, pissing off Pit fans making as much noise as possible. Greatest game I ever got to attend.
-
Tackling Big Gay BenIf we really have an automatic gay added in to typing roethlisberger's nickname, the mods ought to be ashamed. We can be grown up about a rivalry w/o acting like jr high kids. I'm out for good and heading for a message board that isn't operated and frequented by childish fans...Looking at you Inspecta and Riffer
LOL man its all in fun. Its funny and if you get your feelings hurt at something like that how the hell do you make it through life? Relax, pitt is our rival and Big Gay Ben is there QB, it is to be expected that you rag on your rival.
-
"Browns' hierarchy seems to prefer Derek Anderson over fan-favorite Brady Quinn"As I stated in another thread, after the 2007 season I had the opportunity to meet Carson Palmer at a sporting goods show and we briefly discussed the game in Cinncy... He stated that they were the worst wind conditions he had ever played in and on one pass he missed his mark by 10 yards... When the ball left your hand you had no idea where it would end up were his words I believe....
Zombo has it correct though, you can spin statistics any way you want....How many times a QB gets sacked could be more of a testament for the QB rather than the line.... As far as dropping more defenders to defend the pass---this says a hell of a lot about those people who were calling the plays.... A young QB seldom changes the play at the line but a smart O Coordinator knows what plays to call to take advantage of the defense that we're running against.... Once again, all of this doesn't necessarily fall at DA's feet....
I hope Quinn lives up to all the expectations, hope he gives the team the energy needed to get us to where we want to go.... I hope he brings excitment with the winning results that we experienced with Sipe & Kosar.... Even in defeat I was proud to be a Cleveland Brown... I didn't go off scratching my head trying to figure out what I had just seen.... I can't remember being beat so soundly that it was an embarassment....
If Quinns the guy, so be it.... If its Anderson, thats the way it is.... If it's Ratliff of some other QB not yet on the roster, bring him on.... If the planets align and we stay injury free, 2009 could be one hell of a ride..................
peace
T. Dawg
While I agree we had some really bad coaching are you tring to say that they were so bad that they did game plan and call plays that could be effective against cover defense? I mean these guys do get paid good money and have years of experience, to say that they didnt call plays that could be effective agaisnt cover defense is laughable. Some play calling, ok, but to put it solely on that you just can not do. Blame lies with DA and not being able to get it done. Either he didnt check down to other receivers or he just threw bad short passes.