KC Concepcion at #24.
I'm really hoping Makai Lemon falls to us.
KC Concepcion at #24.
I'm really hoping Makai Lemon falls to us.
now for something completely different , how about moving up ? Know not at 6, take Styles or if some crazy reason if Reese is there you have to take him @ six, take BPA on the OL @ 24 and then either before that pick or after BPA WR or visa versa, its time to draft quality or quantity, its not like we will be super bowl contenders.
Not a fan at taking Styles @6. If Reese is (somehow) still there, I am now leaning more towards taking him at 6 than an OLineman. He just smells like a future all-pro. And then we take a LT @ 24 and WR with our 2nd.
Love the signing for Quincy as a replacement. He wasn't a fit for Aaron Glenn's scheme. I imagine Rutenberg is the best guy to maximize his talent.
Yeah, it seems we are REALLY prioritizing lineman right now (not complaining). We now have a big glaring hole at WILL.
I can't believe we didn't re-sign Bush ?
Guess what knucklehead never saw this and started a new thread about it? Obviously you don't have to guess. I deleted it. All the same, thanks for sharing this Bob.
Here's a couple cut and pastes and my 2 cents at the end:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-browns-trade-tytus-howard/
The Houston Texans and Cleveland Browns agreed to yet another trade, as general manager Nick Caserio will send versatile offensive tackle Tytus Howard to Cleveland in exchange for a fifth-round pick, per NFL Media. As a part of the deal, the Browns are reportedly signing Howard to a new, three-year, $63 million contract.
The offensive line is the most important group for the Browns to address this offseason. Not only did this unit as a whole struggle in 2025, but all five starters are about to hit free agency with Cam Robinson, Jack Conklin, Joel Bitonio, Wyatt Teller and Ethan Pocic searching for new deals. No team since 1970 has lost all five starters on the offensive line in the same offseason, according to CBS Sports Research.
Howard could be the replacement for Conklin on the right side of the offensive line. However, he is incredibly versatile, having played at right tackle, right guard and left guard this past season, making this an even better move for the rebuilding Browns.
Howard, who was selected by the Texans with the No. 23 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft out of Alabama State, will turn 30 years old this offseason, but he was Houston's best offensive lineman in 2025. He allowed pressure on just 3.4% of snaps last season, which marked a career best. In seven NFL seasons, he's made 93 starts and played at every spot on the offensive line minus center.
Let's attempt to grade one of the first trades of 2026:
Browns: A
The Browns acquired Cam Robinson from Houston last year, and now take on another Texans tackle. In regards to compensation, a fifth-round pick is what the Browns acquired when trading quarterback Kenny Pickett to the Las Vegas Raiders. Cleveland had three fifth-round picks to spare this offseason, so this was an easy decision. In regards to the new contract, it's warranted for this kind of versatile offensive lineman.
Ian Rapoport reported that one of his main takeaways from conversations at the 2026 NFL Scouting Combine was the "unbelievable need for offensive linemen" around the league. Everyone needs offensive linemen -- no team more than the Browns. So scoring a veteran that plays in several different spots before free agency and the draft is a good move. Obviously the work is not done, but Howard is a good start.
Texans: C-
It's fair to assume that money had something to do with this move. Howard had one more year remaining on his contract, and the Texans decided to trade him instead of extending him. This decision frees up cap space for a franchise that is currently over the set number, but it's hard to ignore two things.
The Texans part ways with probably their best offensive lineman. Houston's offensive front was a bottom-six unit, according to PFF. The offensive line is again a major item to address. Even more curious, this marks the second year in a row Houston traded away its best offensive lineman. The Texans traded left tackle Laremy Tunsil to the Washington Commanders for a package of picks last March, and now dealt Howard away.
Last but not last:
Here's what Lindy's 2025 Pro Football Preview said about him heading into last season: Versatile leader of the line - could start at Left Guard or even Right Tackle. My take: This seems like a very good get for the Browns...
So…even better news.
Howard has 1 year left on his deal at $18M.
Add in the three years at $45M total, gets you at $63M. 3 year extension would mean 4 years left, $63M in total makes it $16M APY.
While 20m/year seems a little much, adding him gives our line a little flexibility. I can see him as someone we can plug and play as a LG, RG, or RT.
I've watched him a good amount since my in-laws are Texans fans. He's a good player.
We need 2 Tackles so getting one of THE best OTackle prospects would be a great start. The guy EARNED/WON the Outland Trophy vrs the sweet nothings the Browns got from this position in 2024 and the encore in 2025. It sure looks like AB is counting on the 385 pound pogo stick coming off 3 consecutive IR lists and ensuing surgeries to remain HIS solution on the blindside. Ohio State didn't think Jones was a LT but they win consistently.
BTW, I used to love the band KISS back in the day - and Fano gives off a vibe like he would have fit right in with that group back in the day...
Mauigoa seems to be the media fave and I'm sure a lot of it was well earned so he'd probably be a safe alternative to Fano or the best LT. I know he's a helluva run blocker on the right side. I wish he would have worked out but his team went all the way to the National Championship Game so I get why he wants to wait until his Pro Day.
My 2 favorite LTs (Lomu & Freeling) aren't beasts but they're both relentless and stay with their man as necessary or hightail it to the next level when applicable. In short, they'e a 60 minute pain in the ass for their opponents. Lomu looks better in highlights than he did in the drills yesterday (even though he wasn't bad). His official 40 time was a 4.9 which ain't bad for a guy that is leaving 2 years of eligibility remaining. BTW, he gave up ZERO sacks on his edge. Yeah.... That said, Monroe Freeling impresses me a lot as well. He did vey well against strong competition. If that's not enough, look who he has to succeed against daily in practice at Georgia. He's as battle-tested as anyone in this draft. I'd be happy adding either LT here...
After watching all of this tape on Lomu, he's starting to grow on me. I'm really hoping we can land him with our 2nd 1st.
If we somehow land Fano (or Mauigoa), and potentially another lineman with our 2 1sts, I'm really liking the idea of Denzel Boston. Big, smooth receiver who run every route. I have a feeling he might fall to us in the 2nd round.
After the combine, I'm starting to think Fano has played himself into a top 3 pick ?.
I was really leaning towards a WR with the 6th pick, but if Fano is there. I would want him over everyone. Next would be Mauigoa.
I just want a lineman who will go out there and embarrass elite rushers.
Also watched Spencer Fano move around. He's super quick and agile for his size, I definitely see the Brian O'Neill NFL comps.
Very short arms. I know some people may laugh at this as something that doesn't mean shit, but long arms helps a defender keep an OLineman away from their bodies and pretty much latching on to them. I could see how this could cause Bain to slide from a top 5 prospect to further down the first round. Plus Bain is kind of stocky... he almost looks more like a small DTackle than a typical edge player.
Bailey also ran a 4.5 - as a DEnd!
Main difference between Bailey and Myles is that Myles was nearly an inch taller, 20+ lbs heavier, and has a 7 foot wingspan at the combine! Goes to show how much of a freak Myles is.
Sonny Styles putting on a show. His brother also ran. 4.27.
Tate a little smaller than I expected.
Kinda bummed Downs didnt run at the combine. Arvell Reese looks like he’ll be special since the eye test matched his numbers
After blowing the game against Chicago tonight...there's rumblings around the league he might be fired.
If he gets fired, where does he rank among the other available Head Coaches?
I just saw an alert that Ty Simpson is entering the draft. Kind of surprising since it seemed he could possibly raise his stock with another year at college, but there’s no guarantees so maybe this will be a good move for him?
That's perfect for us. The first 3 picks all need a QB, which should push the talent pool down 1 pick, giving us a better chance to get our guy.
And I'm not too keen on Ty Simpson. Watched him a lot. He's got issues with the deep ball, he's not very good at improvising when the play breaks down, and he easily gets rattled with pressure.
Harbaugh just got fired.
This is our guy.
The last draft surely saved Berry, otherwise he'd be out too.
As far as whether or not firing stefanski was the right move who knows, if it was me in charge I would have kept him. Not very excited about any of the candidates that have been tossed around so far.
Promoting schwartz and keeping rees would be comical, I wouldn't be surprised if schwartz himself gets some external HC interviews this year though.
Agreed. Aside from Klint Kubiak, not too keen on the HC candidates.
That wouldn't happen, would it?
If so then a big yes from me
Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/ravens-hc-john-harbaugh-mic-150254055.html
There are several other sites floating this around.
God, I hope it's true. I wasn't too keen on firing Stefanski (grass ain't always greener), but this is would make me happy
If the Ravens end up firing John Harbaugh, would you guys want him?
You may be right. The pros are a major step up, and there is talk of him not being explosive in his cuts, getting off the los in the pros. But every single player that comes out in the nfl draft has "negatives" in their draft profile, unless there is one I missed.....he's supposed to run a 4.6. Tyson is explosive, runs 4.5, but has injuries in his past... down the list though, there is Chris Bell and other wr's, with track speed and serious skills.
I still wonder how you pass on Caleb Downs with their first pick, the wr, except we desperately have to fix the oline, except.....
dammit. This draft is crazy.
I love Downs, but he seems more like a luxury pick at this point, given our glaring needs at WR and OL. With that being said, Tyson isn't just an explosive receiver. He can play in the X,Y and Z role. Something we haven't had in a long time. There is also a very good chance Tate drops in the late 1st.
And like Flugel stated, guys like Lomu will be available late 1st/early 2nd for our OLine.