Skip to content

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

The Browns Board
992 69 28.1k
  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by

    We don't need to spend a Top 10 pick on a LT for him to play RT, it's not as big of a luxury as you would think.

    I'd rather make a defense pick than an OL pick in the top 10.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    have we given up on hoyer for next year?

  • have we given up on hoyer for next year?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @lbc-mike said:

    have we given up on hoyer for next year?

    2 games of good solid football isn't enough to gamble on him being the franchise QB we suck, I mean seek so bad. It's good enough to be on the roster and fight it out in camp, but we have to acquire another QB.

  • I think it is safe to say that this thread is going to be very active for about another 6 months...

    Watched a good chunk of Boyd this weekend. Threw two very nice deep balls to fairly well covered WRs. One negated by penalty, the other for TD... Otherwise a lot of short stuff, but kid looked decisive. One play was made to at least his third option. Still don't like to see him running, but seems to be secondary mode. I'm warming to him...

    Also caught some Hundley... honestly reminded me of Wheezy. Locking onto first option... starring them down. Difference is he can pull ball down and take off... something that gives me zero comfort.

    Did not see any Bridegewater, but heard some commentators saying he lost the Heisman this weekend.

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499

    @tour2ma said:

    I think it is safe to say that this thread is going to be very active for about another 6 months...

    Watched a good chunk of Boyd this weekend. Threw two very nice deep balls to fairly well covered WRs. One negated by penalty, the other for TD... Otherwise a lot of short stuff, but kid looked decisive. One play was made to at least his third option. Still don't like to see him running, but seems to be secondary mode. I'm warming to him...

    Also caught some Hundley... honestly reminded me of Wheezy. Locking onto first option... starring them down. Difference is he can pull ball down and take off... something that gives me zero comfort.

    Did not see any Bridegewater, but heard some commentators saying he lost the Heisman this weekend.

    Bridegwaters game against an average defense showed he's got some holes in his game...for a guy that's being hailed as

    "THE "pick in this years draft...ya gotta be better than what he showed on Sat

    @lbc-mike said:

    have we given up on hoyer for next year?

    You can't go into next season with a huge question mark at QB (Hoyer's health/ability)

    This draft is loaded with QBs...we just gotta hope Banner can pick the right guy

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Shep I'm kind of with you on marriota.

    While you like Bridgewater and Boyd I'm saying Marriota will be the first QB taken this draft. Earlier I said early 3rd but most likely second round Marcus would be drafted. But after the ducks beat Alabama in the bcs title game this year his draft stock will will rise far and beyond B&B's. Then the combine will cement his value.

    Not sure who said he looks average or whatever but look at his stats.

    Then imagine what they would look like if Marcus completed a game this year.

    Yeah the guy has yet to finish a game this season.

  • We don't need to spend a Top 10 pick on a LT for him to play RT, it's not as big of a luxury as you would think.

    I'd rather make a defense pick than an OL pick in the top 10.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @dab7291993 said:

    We don't need to spend a Top 10 pick on a LT for him to play RT, it's not as big of a luxury as you would think.

    Know you disagree and I am not trying to be smart ass (for a change), but I really don't get the luxury bit... We took a LT in round two 2-years ago and plopped him at RT. Are you happy with the results?

    Could be Jake is the best player available when our first first rolls around. God knows his Daddy was probably the best to ever play multiple O-line positions.

    Nab a quality interior lineman with the 2nd first-round pick and the O-line is set for the next few years...

    Then add a Manziel or, yes, a McCarron down the board, hopefully to learn under Hoyer's tutalige.

    Seems like a reasonable alternative to me...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    Hoyer and Foles.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Love Foles... It's why he was in my 2012 mock.

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by Soju

    we need either boyd, manziel or mariola. that's it. do whatever it takes to secure them. WHoever we take, they can sit a year behind Hoyer though.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by

    Forget about Hoys. He is damn near the weeds age and is facing starting over with a reconstructed knee. My crystal ball shows a career cut short in Cleveland

  • Forget about Hoys. He is damn near the weeds age and is facing starting over with a reconstructed knee. My crystal ball shows a career cut short in Cleveland

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by

    @slowburn said:

    Forget about Hoys. He is damn near the weeds age and is facing starting over with a reconstructed knee. My crystal ball shows a career cut short in Cleveland

    well, then, the old adage of, "Cleveland: the place where carees goes to die" is true after all.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by

    yup, if you are a QB in Cleveland you know it's not much longer before the final credits roll.

  • koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by

    Time for CLE to destroy [sic] Mariola's career!

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Didn't read all 9 pages but am I the only one who thinks that there isn't a single "it" guy at the QB position in this draft? I'd love to see an upgrade at WR, RB, CB and LB then take a chance on a "system" guy.

  • Didn't read all 9 pages but am I the only one who thinks that there isn't a single "it" guy at the QB position in this draft? I'd love to see an upgrade at WR, RB, CB and LB then take a chance on a "system" guy.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Didn't read all 9 pages but am I the only one who thinks that there isn't a single "it" guy at the QB position in this draft? I'd love to see an upgrade at WR, RB, CB and LB then take a chance on a "system" guy.

    No a couple of us have been quite flaccid over the talent levels as well.
  • @baconhound said:

    Didn't read all 9 pages but am I the only one who thinks that there isn't a single "it" guy at the QB position in this draft? I'd love to see an upgrade at WR, RB, CB and LB then take a chance on a "system" guy.

    No a couple of us have been quite flaccid over the talent levels as well.
    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by

    @erie-dawg said:

    No a couple of us have been quite flaccid over the talent levels as well.

    lol

  • @tour2ma said:

    Oh and almost forgot...

    As mik mentioned earlier, Manziel is growing on me. Watched him vs. Ms St. last night and there is something there.

    Patience... read progressions... decision making... and more than enough arm.

    But what got me was the kid (ball boy? coaches son?) that joined him in kneeling and hand holding during the winning FG attempt. Can't fake that kind of magnetism. Smacks of leadership...

    As I watched him I started thinking about Russel Wilson...

    Still do not like running QB's, but...

    I thought I was the only one here that liked/want's Manziel...I really think not only does the kid have star power...I really think...that if he plays his cards right could be a great imfluence on this team with his type of swagger...Seems to have the I.Q. necessarry...its just...will "everything else" between his ears catchup/lineup so to speak..but..Im willing to gamble on him...

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I thought I was the only one here that liked/want's Manziel...I really think not only does the kid have star power...I really think...that if he plays his cards right could be a great imfluence on this team with his type of swagger...Seems to have the I.Q. necessarry...its just...will "everything else" between his ears catchup/lineup so to speak..but..Im willing to gamble on him...

    Manziel has what Brady, Peyton Manning, and Luck have; Football smarts. He also feels the pressure without being able to see it, and he knows where everyone on the field is, and is able to move well enough to find a lane to throw in. His football IQ is way ahead of his experience level, and he's a born leader, with enough swagger to be a little cocky. I'm pretty sure he'll enter the draft next year, and the Browns will have to make it happen. He's the real deal.

  • @nickers said:

    I thought I was the only one here that liked/want's Manziel...I really think not only does the kid have star power...I really think...that if he plays his cards right could be a great imfluence on this team with his type of swagger...Seems to have the I.Q. necessarry...its just...will "everything else" between his ears catchup/lineup so to speak..but..Im willing to gamble on him...

    Manziel has what Brady, Peyton Manning, and Luck have; Football smarts. He also feels the pressure without being able to see it, and he knows where everyone on the field is, and is able to move well enough to find a lane to throw in. His football IQ is way ahead of his experience level, and he's a born leader, with enough swagger to be a little cocky. I'm pretty sure he'll enter the draft next year, and the Browns will have to make it happen. He's the real deal.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @cuwoohio said:

    Manziel has what Brady, Peyton Manning, and Luck have; Football smarts. He also feels the pressure without being able to see it, and he knows where everyone on the field is, and is able to move well enough to find a lane to throw in. His football IQ is way ahead of his experience level, and he's a born leader, with enough swagger to be a little cocky. I'm pretty sure he'll enter the draft next year, and the Browns will have to make it happen. He's the real deal.

    Thanks, Johnny Football.

  • @nickers said:

    I thought I was the only one here that liked/want's Manziel...I really think not only does the kid have star power...I really think...that if he plays his cards right could be a great imfluence on this team with his type of swagger...Seems to have the I.Q. necessarry...its just...will "everything else" between his ears catchup/lineup so to speak..but..Im willing to gamble on him...

    Manziel has what Brady, Peyton Manning, and Luck have; Football smarts. He also feels the pressure without being able to see it, and he knows where everyone on the field is, and is able to move well enough to find a lane to throw in. His football IQ is way ahead of his experience level, and he's a born leader, with enough swagger to be a little cocky. I'm pretty sure he'll enter the draft next year, and the Browns will have to make it happen. He's the real deal.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149

    @cuwoohio said:

    Manziel has what Brady, Peyton Manning, and Luck have; Football smarts. He also feels the pressure without being able to see it, and he knows where everyone on the field is, and is able to move well enough to find a lane to throw in. His football IQ is way ahead of his experience level, and he's a born leader, with enough swagger to be a little cocky. I'm pretty sure he'll enter the draft next year, and the Browns will have to make it happen. He's the real deal.

    I'm not sure I would trade up to get him, but if he's there when we pick, I would take him

    Watching Johnny play in college...................he's way better then any draft pick or Free Agent QB we have had since 1999

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by

    We're going Hundley or Mariota unless we can con Jacksonville into giving us Teddy B.