Hoyer
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
Not at all. That was Haslam's error from day one. He hired Banner knowing full well that eventually Lombardi would be brought on board. Him getting rid of both - let's just say Cleveland fans owe thanks to Peyton Manning.
-
Yes it certainly should be.
And, IMO, I think it could be a better plan than burning everything down and rebuilding every season or two.
I'd say "hope" is the worst plan in the world... if it qualified as a plan.
But if it was a plan, then it might be second only to the annual burn-down in a list of worsts. Of course, when you are repeatedly burning down an org, it is usually followed by hoping you do better this next time.
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
Yes, forced and, yes, a great call by Jimmy to flush the pair of them.
However, I would not attribute his decision to luck or forethought. While I think he liked neither the arm's length they imposed nor the decisions they made, e.g., Chud, I believe at the core of his reorg decision was a CEO's hatred of a padded Org Chart.
Clear lines of authority and responsibility are a CEO's wet dream. Banner and Lombo muddied up the lines.
Also did not hurt that he likely saw talent in Farmer and Pet.
Just my $0.02.
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
The sad thing is based on the content of your posting you probably do believe you're him. Who do you think you are after you take your meds?Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
-
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
-
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
Nerdiest
more nerdiest?
-
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
I'd add 'Gay'
-
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
When the gaying gets tough, the forum turns to DieHard...
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
loyal
heartfelt
-
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:
Nerdiest
Pathetic
Sophomoric
Dont see any problem with it at all, nothin but the truth is all. Tired of just blowing through qb's year after year. This year we had pretty decent QB play, but instead of sticking with him and putting in the time and effort to help him get better, just toss em aside and move on to the next sacrificial lamb for Cleveland. Only this time the sacrifice will be televised coast to coast.
-
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
-
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
Yep pretty much, everyone has to have instant gratification and instant returns. Life isnt made in a microwave. I think the media is ruining it all.
-
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
Yep pretty much, everyone has to have instant gratification and instant returns. Life isnt made in a microwave. I think the media is ruining it all.
-
When the gaying gets tough, the forum turns to DieHard...
Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.
loyal
heartfelt
-
Go study some more film grandpa. A comedian you ain't.
You ever put film in a microwave?
Yeah, me neither.
-
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck!
Great example...
Except that Bradshaw started game one his rookie year... also started game 2 thru 7...
Then was benched for nearly the last half of that year for poor play, limited to spot duty in garbage time...
Bradshaw's circumstances were far closer to Couch's than Johnny's... both were overall #1's that were immediately pressed into service on bad teams.
By contrast to either, our "patience" with JM has been unlimited.
-
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy.
Great example...Except that Bradshaw started game one his rookie year... Then was benched for poor play
Bradshaw's circumstances were far closer to Couch's than Johnny's... both were overall #1's that were immediately pressed into service on bad teams.
By contrast to either, our "patience" with JM has been unlimited.
The bigger difference is today Free Agency and rookie contracts prohibit "development" of higher draft picks.
Because of the rookie pay scale & CBA, we gotta pay high picks millions from day one(like they're already stars) and only have them for only a few years before they can leave....so....we should spend years and millions developing QB's for other teams?
No. Today, if you're picked early and you have the 8 million dollar contract, you are expected to perform. Right away.
Connor Shaw cost us nothing.....and get's paid nothing...so THAT is the type you "develop". And presumed SUPERSTARS are held to a higher standard and paid as such.
-
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.
That's damned right - hell, Fran Tarkenton didn't make the playoffs until what, his 12th season? He's in the Hall of Fame. Fast food football rebuilding doesn't work.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login