Skip to content

Justin Gilbert

The Browns Board
201 36 7.2k
  • man i hope this kid turns it around just to see the shit some of you will say when he does, and the bullshit excuses you'll give.

    @miktoxic said:

    man i hope this kid turns it around just to see the shit some of you will say when he does, and the bullshit excuses you'll give.

    Gotta admit, I put rose colored glasses on for guys almost to a fault. Gilbert has a knack for smudging those suckers. Here's why:

    1) He can't tackle and that's not a good trait for one of our last tiers of defense. If he was the next Deion Sanders - we wouldn't have to worry about this too much because nobody would get open to where that mattered.

    2) The Washington game this preseason showed me he still can get beat by an area code deep. After that, there was a completion near the sidelines where he had decent coverage; but didn't have the ability to get the guy out of bounds.Washington got the yac - we got the yuck. If he still doesn't understand hands and fingers doesn't work after 1 full year - I have to equate this with a 30 year old Weeden not understanding he could throw the ball out of bounds once he's outside the pocket.The 12th of Never isn't close enough to make this year's calendar.

    Maybe I'm being unfair; but if Manziel was going to get blasted (and rightfully so) - the only way out is to prove your critics wrong with actions in lieu of words. Like you always said about Manziel Mik, it isn't like we want such an important pick to fail. We don't so a lot of us HOPE we're wrong with our gut. When I hear "he's gonna" it only reminds me "he hasn't." Pro Corners get beat all the time, it's how they respond after. As recently as the Washington game, that play on the sidelines where he couldn't even get the guy out of bounds didn't give me warm fuzzies. Think of how often corners are our last line of defense, so all the little things they do or refuse to do add up in a game. People can say what they want about Buster Skrine; but that young man could at least tackle people (even with an injured flipper) and provide good run support when necessary. To beat out Tramon or K'Wuan Williams for starting/situational reps - we need more than "I'm gonna" or "you'll see." I'll settle for "I see."

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    All of us agree.

    My case is that the criticism of him only makes the situation worse, which hurts the Browns.

    @wargograw said:

    My case is that the criticism of him only makes the situation worse, which hurts the Browns.

    So your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    We all agree.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    All of us agree.

    My case is that the criticism of him only makes the situation worse, which hurts the Browns.

    @wargograw said:

    My case is that the criticism of him only makes the situation worse, which hurts the Browns.

    If criticism from fans on social is hurting his play the criticism from coaches must be devastating.

  • @wargograw said:

    My case is that the criticism of him only makes the situation worse, which hurts the Browns.

    If criticism from fans on social is hurting his play the criticism from coaches must be devastating.

    @furious-styles said:

    If criticism from fans on social is hurting his play the criticism from coaches must be devastating.

    Now, now. It's kittens, puppies and rainbows when speaking about Mr. Gilbert............... Lord knows we can't have any more mental setbacks.

  • He needs to rub the sand out of his vag, accept reality on reality's terms, and start doing everything the coaches say.

  • @baconhound said:

    Defensive Back takes 5 years to learn or at least that's the company line in here.

    As it stands the 2014 1st round for the Browns was another bust but no one will admit it until it's in the past.

    Farmer talks a very good game but I am less than impressed.

    Well Mud actually posted the numbers on that. For your side of the debate I see, well, nothing.

    @wargograw said:

    Well Mud actually posted the numbers on that. For your side of the debate I see, well, nothing.

    A guy on a message board posted numbers to support the GM he likes, unprecedented.

    Fuller and Roby did well last year as rookies

  • He needs to rub the sand out of his vag, accept reality on reality's terms, and start doing everything the coaches say.

    @unsympathetic said:

    He needs to rub the sand out of his vag, accept reality on reality's terms, and start doing everything the coaches say.

    there was a porn star back in the day who used to do her biz on the beach hence the name sandy crapper.

    so you're going to tell me an up and coming safety in the nfl with a uni on get's sand in his vag? how is that possible?

    now muscle grease or stickum but sand? get your story straight man cuz you lying out your holes.

  • @wargograw said:

    My case is that the criticism of him only makes the situation worse, which hurts the Browns.

    So your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    We all agree.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    We all agree.

    He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    We all agree.

    He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

    @wargograw said:

    He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

    Let's just hope he erases all doubt during his window of opportunity here. So far, it's terrifying to see him out there playing grab ass and looking for for Waldo in man coverage. Cornerback seems like an instinctive trade. I heard at the Buffalo scrimmage, UDFA Andre Davis absolutely humiliated him. Again, we all want the kid to succeed. My biggest question with Gilbert is does he have the inner-chest to do all the little things that add up over a 60 minute game? For example, is the kind of corner willing to come up and tackle somebody in run support or come off a coverage to tackle a big TE finding a seam? One thing we've had here are corners that tackle well. This concern about Gilbert's tackling goes all the way back to pre-draft scouting reports.

    At 1 time, I thought it would be awful if he didn't pan out. Now that I've seen us find an undrafted gem like K'Wuan Williams as well as sign a FA like Tramon Williams - good karma has already been taken care of. There's also other promising young corners here like Gaines, Desir and others.

  • He doesn't have it. Cut him.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    He needs to rub the sand out of his vag, accept reality on reality's terms, and start doing everything the coaches say.

    there was a porn star back in the day who used to do her biz on the beach hence the name sandy crapper.

    so you're going to tell me an up and coming safety in the nfl with a uni on get's sand in his vag? how is that possible?

    now muscle grease or stickum but sand? get your story straight man cuz you lying out your holes.

    @miktoxic said:

    so you're going to tell me an up and coming safety in the nfl with a uni on get's sand in his vag? how is that possible?

    It's an expression meaning quit whining about problems that don't exist anywhere outside of your head and play the damn game..

  • @wargograw said:

    He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

    Let's just hope he erases all doubt during his window of opportunity here. So far, it's terrifying to see him out there playing grab ass and looking for for Waldo in man coverage. Cornerback seems like an instinctive trade. I heard at the Buffalo scrimmage, UDFA Andre Davis absolutely humiliated him. Again, we all want the kid to succeed. My biggest question with Gilbert is does he have the inner-chest to do all the little things that add up over a 60 minute game? For example, is the kind of corner willing to come up and tackle somebody in run support or come off a coverage to tackle a big TE finding a seam? One thing we've had here are corners that tackle well. This concern about Gilbert's tackling goes all the way back to pre-draft scouting reports.

    At 1 time, I thought it would be awful if he didn't pan out. Now that I've seen us find an undrafted gem like K'Wuan Williams as well as sign a FA like Tramon Williams - good karma has already been taken care of. There's also other promising young corners here like Gaines, Desir and others.

    @flugel said:

    Let's just hope he erases all doubt during his window of opportunity here. So far, it's terrifying to see him out there playing grab ass and looking for for Waldo in man coverage. Cornerback seems like an instinctive trade. I heard at the Buffalo scrimmage, UDFA Andre Davis absolutely humiliated him. Again, we all want the kid to succeed. My biggest question with Gilbert is does he have the inner-chest to do all the little things that add up over a 60 minute game? For example, is the kind of corner willing to come up and tackle somebody in run support or come off a coverage to tackle a big TE finding a seam? One thing we've had here are corners that tackle well. This concern about Gilbert's tackling goes all the way back to pre-draft scouting reports.

    At 1 time, I thought it would be awful if he didn't pan out. Now that I've seen us find an undrafted gem like K'Wuan Williams as well as sign a FA like Tramon Williams - good karma has already been taken care of. There's also other promising young corners here like Gaines, Desir and others.

    I get it, I really do. But I think the negative perception of him causes his few poor plays to be magnified. He was not nearly as bad last year as pretty much everyone here except Mud thinks, so I do have faith that in the regular season he's going to prove himself. I really do.

  • @flugel said:

    Let's just hope he erases all doubt during his window of opportunity here. So far, it's terrifying to see him out there playing grab ass and looking for for Waldo in man coverage. Cornerback seems like an instinctive trade. I heard at the Buffalo scrimmage, UDFA Andre Davis absolutely humiliated him. Again, we all want the kid to succeed. My biggest question with Gilbert is does he have the inner-chest to do all the little things that add up over a 60 minute game? For example, is the kind of corner willing to come up and tackle somebody in run support or come off a coverage to tackle a big TE finding a seam? One thing we've had here are corners that tackle well. This concern about Gilbert's tackling goes all the way back to pre-draft scouting reports.

    At 1 time, I thought it would be awful if he didn't pan out. Now that I've seen us find an undrafted gem like K'Wuan Williams as well as sign a FA like Tramon Williams - good karma has already been taken care of. There's also other promising young corners here like Gaines, Desir and others.

    I get it, I really do. But I think the negative perception of him causes his few poor plays to be magnified. He was not nearly as bad last year as pretty much everyone here except Mud thinks, so I do have faith that in the regular season he's going to prove himself. I really do.

    @wargograw said:

    I get it, I really do. But I think the negative perception of him causes his few poor plays to be magnified. He was not nearly as bad last year as pretty much everyone here except Mud thinks, so I do have faith that in the regular season he's going to prove himself. I really do.

    Fine, but understand that this goes back to Flugel's original point:

    "When I hear "he's gonna" it only reminds me "he hasn't." "

  • Well the regular season hasn't happened yet so that would be kind of impossible.

  • It's like talking to Retard. You are right and everyone else, including the coaching staff, is wrong.

    Gilbert came in here as our #8 pick in the first round with an immature, shit attitude. By the end of the year

    he was being called out by respected veterans because of his arrogance, immaturity, and general

    unprofessional approach towards the game. So far this season, he has had a poor showing against Washington

    and by all accounts a horrific week against Buffalo.

    Surely you understand that Cleveland fans are tired of the excuses and simply want to see some sort of return on

    the investment.

    And I'll stop calling you Shirley...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So your case is that Justin Gilbert is a pussy.

    We all agree.

    He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

    @wargograw said:

    He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

    Are the laws of human nature "let what people say on social media affect your job performance"?

    Because, if so, I've yet to find one person in my life who follows that supposed law of human nature.

  • The bad news here is we lost Desir to a concussion last night and Gilbert needs to get moving if he can. We need a solid Number 3 at CB?

  • Gaines was until his hammie happened...

    There comes a point when you have to say "pass" to promise/potential and take production.

  • Gaines was until his hammie happened...

    There comes a point when you have to say "pass" to promise/potential and take production.

    @tour2ma said:

    Gaines was until his hammie happened...

    There comes a point when you have to say "pass" to promise/potential and take production.

    BINGO

  • For the knocks I saw on Gaines tape during the draft process, credit this coaching staff for taking advantage of his strengths and cleaning up his footwork.