Camp Goff
-
Well maybe you guys have a better handle on what the fuck analytics might possibly mean.

But in case I wasn't clear I'm talking about foregoing a quarterback until the third or fourth round where coach Jackson sees one he could coach up to be the next Andy Dalton
WSS
Andy Dalton was pick #35, so it would make more sense we took a guy around #32 to do that.
That means Cook or Hackenberg. I was high on Cook to start the season but drastically cooled when he didn't show any sort of progression. He's as good today as he was two years ago, in my eyes.
Andy Dalton was pick #35, so it would make more sense we took a guy around #32 to do that.
That means Cook or Hackenberg. I was high on Cook to start the season but drastically cooled when he didn't show any sort of progression. He's as good today as he was two years ago, in my eyes.
Devil's advocate. It could also mean they're willing to project better football ahead from different QBs slotted later. While I agree with your point about Cook - it's important to understand he wasn't anywhere near 100% when MSU squeaked by Iowa and I'm guessing the same held true the next time he got center stage vrs Bama. I will say I don't remember seeing Michigan State having a better 3 year run than I've seen the last 3 years with Cook starting there. That could all very well be just a coincidence. Marino didn't have a very good last season at Pitt so he dropped all the way down to Don Shula's draft slot somewhere around #26 overall with quite a few QBs drafted ahead the HOF QB. Someone like Farmer wouldn't be smart enough to research more than 1 extract or understand what's caused a drop-off.
Andy Dalton reminds us that a guy learning from Hue can get his arm stronger as evidenced in his 2015 season. Even before that, it wasn't like he was a bad regular season QB while Cincy has frequented playoffs since he has arrived. Yes, I know they haven't won a post season game yet but you gotta make the playoffs to have a shot at winning a playoff game. He's leading the horse to water but now the horse needs to be thirsty when it gets there. It almost was with a backup QB in 2015 but 1 late fumble and lost composure shortly thereafter reminded us nobody's Burfict.
-
-
-
So how irate are you guys going to be when Analytics boy decides to pick somebody in the third or fourth round?
WSS
So how irate are you guys going to be when Analytics boy decides to pick somebody in the third or fourth round?
WSS
And no QB in the first?
-
I will be OK with it so long as Pittsburgh does not end up with Wentz or Goff like the year we picked Wimbley and they ended up with Rothlesburger. If I have to go through another decade of Pittsburgh domination while we have another project bust taken high I am going to go crazy.
I will be OK with it so long as Pittsburgh does not end up with Wentz or Goff like the year we picked Wimbley and they ended up with Rothlesburger. If I have to go through another decade of Pittsburgh domination while we have another project bust taken high I am going to go crazy.
Ah, No. The year the Steelers took BR was the year we took K2 in the draft. Wimbley was later.
-
If we don't take a QB @ #2, Cook might be worth a look in a later round. He wins.
-
If we don't take a QB @ #2, Cook might be worth a look in a later round. He wins.
If we don't take a QB @ #2, Cook might be worth a look in a later round. He wins.
So did Colt McCoy. College stats mean shit all.
-
If we don't take a QB @ #2, Cook might be worth a look in a later round. He wins.
If we don't take a QB @ #2, Cook might be worth a look in a later round. He wins.
No thanks on Cook. Would rather take one of the project guys that at least seem like they want to be leaders (Jones/Prescott/Hogan).
-
Cook is not appealing to me, at all, in any round. I wonder if Dak Prescott will fall because of DUI. All other accounts of his character have been very good.
Cook is not appealing to me, at all, in any round. I wonder if Dak Prescott will fall because of DUI. All other accounts of his character have been very good.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
-
Cook is not appealing to me, at all, in any round. I wonder if Dak Prescott will fall because of DUI. All other accounts of his character have been very good.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I would be pretty happy with that kind of draft.
-
I dont like Matakevich as much as I did initially. I don't know what I think about Myles Jack still, have been so focused on QBs.
I dont like Matakevich as much as I did initially. I don't know what I think about Myles Jack still, have been so focused on QBs.
I think it would be invaluable to have a guy like Matakevich as a rotational/special teams player with upside. He's just one of those guys that I think are great foundational pieces - we would never be at a severe disadvantage with him rotating in just because of the fact that he's a very strong football mind.
Granted, the third isn't really a place where you take that sort of player, but I just like most things about him and I, personally, would be willing to take him at that slot.
Conversely, I like Jack's overall talent pool and how diverse his skillset is. I think he's a good athletic talent to take at the top of the draft.
-
Cook is not appealing to me, at all, in any round. I wonder if Dak Prescott will fall because of DUI. All other accounts of his character have been very good.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
just pulled a draft last night rd1#2Wentz-rd 2#32 Spence-rd3#65Correa-rd4#99Lawler-rd4#138Prescott & still got Schobert in 5th but OL maybe the option..
-
I dont like Matakevich as much as I did initially. I don't know what I think about Myles Jack still, have been so focused on QBs.
I think it would be invaluable to have a guy like Matakevich as a rotational/special teams player with upside. He's just one of those guys that I think are great foundational pieces - we would never be at a severe disadvantage with him rotating in just because of the fact that he's a very strong football mind.
Granted, the third isn't really a place where you take that sort of player, but I just like most things about him and I, personally, would be willing to take him at that slot.
Conversely, I like Jack's overall talent pool and how diverse his skillset is. I think he's a good athletic talent to take at the top of the draft.
I think it would be invaluable to have a guy like Matakevich as a rotational/special teams player with upside. He's just one of those guys that I think are great foundational pieces - we would never be at a severe disadvantage with him rotating in just because of the fact that he's a very strong football mind.
Granted, the third isn't really a place where you take that sort of player, but I just like most things about him and I, personally, would be willing to take him at that slot.
Conversely, I like Jack's overall talent pool and how diverse his skillset is. I think he's a good athletic talent to take at the top of the draft.
I agree Rd 3 is too early for Matakevich. I'd rather take Morrison on Day 3. I think he has starter, every-down potential.
Have only watched one game of Jack so far. They used him as a pass-rusher more than I thought they would... still don't see it.
-
OK, how do you interpret that?
Cardale is years away from being functional at the NFL level.
I wonder if Dak Prescott will fall because of DUI. All other accounts of his character have been very good.
FWIW... DraftScouts just dropped his projection from R3 to R4.
Have only watched one game of Jack so far. They used him as a pass-rusher more than I thought they would... still don't see it.
Agree... you have to extrapolate to "see" any edge rush impact. One college sack, three-years ago demands that...
But when you see his coverage ability and his slashing TFL plays, it's not hard to imagine a dozen per year in the right scheme of delays and loops.
-
Cook is not appealing to me, at all, in any round. I wonder if Dak Prescott will fall because of DUI. All other accounts of his character have been very good.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
What was the gayest?
-
I've been hard in the Wentz camp (second gayest thing I've said here), but I wouldn't mind signing RG3 and drafting Dak, say, in the fourth or so.
RG3 + Myles Jack (#2) + BPA EDGE/WR + Tyler Matakevich (3rd) + Joe Haeg (4th) + Dak Prescott (4th comp.) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
What was the gayest?
What was the gayest?
Ghoolie's name
-
What was the gayest?
Ghoolie's name
Ghoolie's name
I was wondering who was going to set you up...
-
MKC looking to break this poor boy's heart...
Hue Jackson raves about Jared Goff and tells Robert Griffin III to be ready to compete with a top pick
By Mary Kay Cabot, Cleveland.com on March 22, 2016 at 12:38 PM, updated March 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM
He had more to say about Goff than Wentz, probably because he just attended Goff's Pro Day Friday at Cal, and has recently spent private time with Goff and his family. He'll attend Wentz Pro Day at North Dakota State on Thursday.
"The guy threw the ball tremendously,'' said Jackson, a former Cal assistant and finalist for their head coach job in 2011. "He can make all the throws. For a big guy, he's more athletic than people think. He has quick feet. He obviously has a quick release. What I've seen on videotape to go along with the workout is he has tremendous poise in the pocket. He's a young man that can keep his eyes downfield when people are bearing at him and, to me, that's an unbelievable asset. Because a lot of people can't do that."
Goff also passed one of Jackson's biggest criteria for a quarterback: guts.
"His back foot, he digs it in the ground to throw the ball, where some people have a soft back foot because they're afraid to get hit,'' he said. "He's not like that. He likes to play. The guy's a gym rat. He comes early and stays late. He's been in a situation before where he had to be a part of what I call a reboot, not a rebuild as everyone wants to call it – so he has that, and that part of it I like about him. And he's a Cal Golden Bear."
He acknowledged that he's spent a lot of extra time with Goff, who turned the program around from 1-11 as a freshman to 8-5 last year, including a bowl win over Air Force.
"I've spent quite a bit of private time with him,'' he said. "I won't say when, but I have. I've gotten to know him and his family very well. We're going to do everything that we can to find out about these young men because it's a big decision as you know. This is not something where 'OK, give me that one.' We have to get this right."
And there's more in the full article...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login