Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
194 43 6.0k
  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Browns should have at least looked pissed off after Timmons roughed Kessler & knocked him out.

    Cal, I agree in the INT. It was interference, at the very least illegal contact. No call. And yes, the contenders have always gotten calls. Stupid, but that's how it goes.

    It sucks, but doesn't really matter in the end. The O line is a seive, it's truly appalling how bad it is.

    Today was the kind of day they needed to take advantage of...poor weather is the only thing that will allow them to get a win now. At 17-9, I thought maybe, just maybe a play could be made. NOPE, fumble by a 16 year veteran. Stupid.

  • WoW!

    I was so disappointed over the loss of RG-3 that I did not watch CLE at all this season.

    This Kody Kessler kid looks great.

    I never pay attention to college ball or the draft, so this is the first I has ever seen him.

    He reminds me of Tim Couch is the way that he is taking a lot of hits.

    I wish the Steelers had him as a backup.

    It was a good day for PIT in that the entire division lost, so there is PIT and BAL on top of the pile at 5-5.

    Gotta love that huh?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @dick-mellon said:

    WoW!

    I was so disappointed over the loss of RG-3 that I did not watch CLE at all this season.

    This Kody Kessler kid looks great.

    I never pay attention to college ball or the draft, so this is the first I has ever seen him.

    He reminds me of Tim Couch is the way that he is taking a lot of hits.

    I wish the Steelers had him as a backup.

    It was a good day for PIT in that the entire division lost, so there is PIT and BAL on top of the pile at 5-5.

    Gotta love that huh?

    R Glass III may now get a shot since it looks like the Browns may shut Kessler down with another concussion. Griffin isn't the answer either. Bungles and Ratbirds losing helps the Browns in the race to the #1 pick- and don't bet against that. The Steelers are far from a dominant team, but the Browns make everyone look dominant. Others have said, and I agree- this is the worst team the Browns have ever put on the field. They could probably even lose to the 2008 0-16 Lions.

    Wins in 2016? Hell, we'll even take some close losses at this point.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Which has happened more often? A bad team taking the top QB and finding success for 7+ years, or a bad team taking five first round linemen and plugging a journeyman behind him and experiencing success for 7+ years?

    I wasn't aware anyone was advocating for drafting 5 lineman...?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I wasn't aware anyone was advocating for drafting 5 lineman...?

    People are advocating for a top of the draft QB
  • @dick-mellon said:

    WoW!

    I was so disappointed over the loss of RG-3 that I did not watch CLE at all this season.

    This Kody Kessler kid looks great.

    I never pay attention to college ball or the draft, so this is the first I has ever seen him.

    He reminds me of Tim Couch is the way that he is taking a lot of hits.

    I wish the Steelers had him as a backup.

    It was a good day for PIT in that the entire division lost, so there is PIT and BAL on top of the pile at 5-5.

    Gotta love that huh?

    R Glass III may now get a shot since it looks like the Browns may shut Kessler down with another concussion. Griffin isn't the answer either. Bungles and Ratbirds losing helps the Browns in the race to the #1 pick- and don't bet against that. The Steelers are far from a dominant team, but the Browns make everyone look dominant. Others have said, and I agree- this is the worst team the Browns have ever put on the field. They could probably even lose to the 2008 0-16 Lions.

    Wins in 2016? Hell, we'll even take some close losses at this point.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    R Glass III may now get a shot since it looks like the Browns may shut Kessler down with another concussion. Griffin isn't the answer either. Bungles and Ratbirds losing helps the Browns in the race to the #1 pick- and don't bet against that. The Steelers are far from a dominant team, but the Browns make everyone look dominant. Others have said, and I agree- this is the worst team the Browns have ever put on the field. They could probably even lose to the 2008 0-16 Lions.

    Wins in 2016? Hell, we'll even take some close losses at this point.

    this team would lose to the 1999 Browns
  • Family obligations today will either force me to miss a great win, or spare me the pain of a Stoolers loss........... I won't even check my phone until 2pm pst, until I know it's long over.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @d-bone said:

    Family obligations today will either force me to miss a great win, or spare me the pain of a Stoolers loss........... I won't even check my phone until 2pm pst, until I know it's long over.

    The best Sunday I've had this season. I figured the Browns would lose 35-10ish, so when I checked the final score, I was pleasantly surprised........ I have seen my last snap of the year, as life is far too short to spend it on shit like this. Not once today was I stressed or mad. Not once did my blood psi rise without exercising. Not once was I unhappy.

    I'll still hang out here with you crazy bastards as that is fun, but as for this sorry ass team, nope, no more.

  • @d-bone said:

    Family obligations today will either force me to miss a great win, or spare me the pain of a Stoolers loss........... I won't even check my phone until 2pm pst, until I know it's long over.

    The best Sunday I've had this season. I figured the Browns would lose 35-10ish, so when I checked the final score, I was pleasantly surprised........ I have seen my last snap of the year, as life is far too short to spend it on shit like this. Not once today was I stressed or mad. Not once did my blood psi rise without exercising. Not once was I unhappy.

    I'll still hang out here with you crazy bastards as that is fun, but as for this sorry ass team, nope, no more.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    The best Sunday I've had this season. I figured the Browns would lose 35-10ish, so when I checked the final score, I was pleasantly surprised........ I have seen my last snap of the year, as life is far too short to spend it on shit like this. Not once today was I stressed or mad. Not once did my blood psi rise without exercising. Not once was I unhappy.

    I'll still hang out here with you crazy bastards as that is fun, but as for this sorry ass team, nope, no more.

    What's not to like?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Getting harder to bear the negativity here...

    No.. we're not good, but how can folks dump on a D that held a very good, very talented offense to 17 points despite being on the field for 34 minutes? Our D bent into a pretzel, but stiffened in the Red Zone three out of four times. And the one time they did relent was on the third shot from inside the 2.

    Our D played its ass off this week... brought back memories of our old rubberband gang. We even showed signs of blitz designs that had a chance to get home. Unfortunately this ain't horseshoes or hand-grenades.

    O? Different story... but still there were some bright spots.

    • Pryor expanded his route tree and showed just how tough he is... and, when he came back and in and patted Mitchell, showed he knows football.
    • Coleman showed he can complete for 50/50 balls.

    OK.... maybe there were only two bright spots...

  • Getting harder to bear the negativity here...

    No.. we're not good, but how can folks dump on a D that held a very good, very talented offense to 17 points despite being on the field for 34 minutes? Our D bent into a pretzel, but stiffened in the Red Zone three out of four times. And the one time they did relent was on the third shot from inside the 2.

    Our D played its ass off this week... brought back memories of our old rubberband gang. We even showed signs of blitz designs that had a chance to get home. Unfortunately this ain't horseshoes or hand-grenades.

    O? Different story... but still there were some bright spots.

    • Pryor expanded his route tree and showed just how tough he is... and, when he came back and in and patted Mitchell, showed he knows football.
    • Coleman showed he can complete for 50/50 balls.

    OK.... maybe there were only two bright spots...

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Getting harder to bear the negativity here...

    No.. we're not good, but how can folks dump on a D that held a very good, very talented offense to 17 points despite being on the field for 34 minutes? Our D bent into a pretzel, but stiffened in the Red Zone three out of four times. And the one time they did relent was on the third shot from inside the 2.

    Our D played its ass off this week... brought back memories of our old rubberband gang. We even showed signs of blitz designs that had a chance to get home. Unfortunately this ain't horseshoes or hand-grenades.

    O? Different story... but still there were some bright spots.

    • Pryor expanded his route tree and showed just how tough he is... and, when he came back and in and patted Mitchell, showed he knows football.
    • Coleman showed he can complete for 50/50 balls.
    OK.... maybe there were only two bright spots...

    Maybe this is hazy memory from the flu medicine, but I recall seeing 3 or 4 overload blitzes that didn't pay off.

    It seemed like they were able to block us despite being one short of whatever we brought.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Now we have players calling out the FO for not getting blockers. And with a GM that's quadrophonic, who gets that blame... Stosh? Depot? Jimmy? DeeDee? Questions, questions, questions, and as always, no real answers.

  • Now we have players calling out the FO for not getting blockers. And with a GM that's quadrophonic, who gets that blame... Stosh? Depot? Jimmy? DeeDee? Questions, questions, questions, and as always, no real answers.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Now we have players calling out the FO for not getting blockers.

    Crap....I called em out during FA and then in camp and then in preseason.....and was told repeatedly, shhhhhh....it's the plan....

    New FA QB in RGIII.....with a history of injury....yet having an OL is something saved for the "future"......

    Starting Cam Erving....WITHOUT A PLAN B......was the dumbest move ever.....pathetic....

    The plan is that they have no plan.....except erase and start over.....without any preparation or thought to who gets erased and who gets replaced....and when.....

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    You mean like instead of drafting 4WR, limit it to one and take 4 blockers?

    They get one every other year but never make it a priority.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

    Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

    But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

    Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

    A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

  • Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

    Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

    But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

    Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

    A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

    Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

    But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

    Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

    A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

    Call me crazy, but I'm actually ok with this year's LB core. Remember, the Desmond Bryant injury moved Ogbah to the D line, so he's out of position.

    I'm surprised Shon Coleman hasn't hardly played. Drango looked bad yesterday, but we need to see more. Could it possibly be the weak link at center is causing all the other breakdowns of the line?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    And of the top pick. Coleman is looking like Braylon. Had the dropsies in school...and showed them Sunday. Hmmmm, a WR with stone hands, go figure.

  • @mudfly said:

    Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

    Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

    But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

    Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

    A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

    Call me crazy, but I'm actually ok with this year's LB core. Remember, the Desmond Bryant injury moved Ogbah to the D line, so he's out of position.

    I'm surprised Shon Coleman hasn't hardly played. Drango looked bad yesterday, but we need to see more. Could it possibly be the weak link at center is causing all the other breakdowns of the line?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Call me crazy, but I'm actually ok with this year's LB core. Remember, the Desmond Bryant injury moved Ogbah to the D line, so he's out of position.

    Ok....you asked for it.....yer crazy 😉

    Ogbah belongs on the line....and is out of position at OLB.....my opinion

    Lemonier and Cam Johnson excite you?.....cause it sure couldnt be Schobert.....

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    The real head scratcher was why the running game was abandoned so early.

    If I recall, there was only 10 rushing attempts (2 by Duke and 8 by Crow).

    I'm sure Kessler would've liked that.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Wasn't Ogbah a hybrid at OkState? Alternating between line and LB? I thought they drafted him for that versatility. Kirksey has been pretty damn good, although I'd like to see him force turnovers more.

    I wasn't crazy about Kruger, thought he was over rated. So yeah, I was happy with the youth movement there. Scooby must not be fast enough, that's why he dropped to 7th round, but I'd let him play now...the guy knows how to tackle (a major defensive weakness this season).

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    Ha!....the running game was abandoned like 5 weeks ago....where ya been?

  • Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

    Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

    But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

    Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

    A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

    Yeah i agree there. Holy fuck do i agree. I mean wtf....

  • Ha!....the running game was abandoned like 5 weeks ago....where ya been?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    @mudfly said:

    Ha!....the running game was abandoned like 5 weeks ago....where ya been?

    I mean it was a windy day, and it wasn't like our passing game was doing anything...other than getting our QB's killed.