Skip to content

Jets trade up

The Browns Board
127 32 6.3k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Our #4? I cannot see pre-Draft Day deal for it, but depending how the QBs fall then the Bills should come calling and if NYG stayed put, Denver as well.

    Can you say potential "sweet spot"?

    Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it? 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dammit Tour - I've been on here pounding the proverbial desk to just stay at #1 and #4 and get the best QB and BPA... Now you are going to try and talk me out of it? 😆

    Dutch, come over to the dark side, it's easy........quarterbacks are overrated. 🥷

  • @poeticg said:

    The Jets are targeting Barkley. They'll take him at three before we get our second chance at him #4... damn. We without a doubt have to take Saquon #1 now.

    Said it before... I'll say it again. You are nothing, if not consistent.

    @tour2ma said:

    Said it before... I'll say it again. You are nothing, if not consistent.

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me?  

    I lost some of my hyperbole, and I'm not about to retype it. 🙁  

  • @sd_tom said:

    I figured some team would trade up to go for a QB.

    All the more reason for the Browns to get it right at #1.... and It does look more likely we'll be able to get Chubb at #4. Him with Garrett and Ogunjobi would be awesome 

    Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets?    Why do I think it is likely Rosen.  Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield.  Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.

    OR....do they have a hard on for Barkley????   No?  Its a thought.  

    @the-gipper said:

    Does anyone have a clue as to who is being targeted by the Jets?    Why do I think it is likely Rosen.  Or, are they enamored with Baker Mayfield.  Or, are they just willing to take any of 3 guys.

    I believe it's option #3....they're willing to take one of the 3 best QB's in this draft.  The question is, What order do they have them in?  - What order do WE have them in?

  • The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.

    But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios: 

    1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB

    2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.

    3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4

    4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you

    5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.

    6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs

    @bigalow80 said:

    The Browns are in an interesting spot, no doubt. IMOP, They have to take a qb at #1 now. No excuses. Dorsey is a dice roller and is not afraid to take chances on upside. I would love to see his qb board. As much as I get excited about each qb, they all scare me. Darnold has the least amount of fear factor, so I'm definitely leaning that way. Not to mention, he is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old.

    But where it gets interesting is in the scenarios: 

    1) Three qb's go in the top 3 picks. Giants, Bills, Dolphins or Miami make the pick at #2. It doesn't matter. That leaves chubb, barkley, nelson, and fitzpatrick on the board at #4. If they choose a player, in this scenario if they want to take a player and not trade back, I think it's chubb. They have two dominant DE's whom are young for the next 4 years. Fans will scream for Barkley but there is enough depth in the class and Dorsey has NEVER taken a first round RB

    2.) Same scenario as above, only Buffalo calls because the Giants make a pick at #2. If I'm Cleveland I ask for this: #12, 22, 53, 56 and Tre'davious White. If they are willing to make this deal, I take it. I then turn around and call denver and offer them 2 of the 5 second round picks that I have plus #12, to move up to #5. I still take Chubb at #5, but now you have not only bolstered the secondary with White, but you also added the best defender in the draft and still have 3 second round picks.

    3.) Surprise everyone...Take Chubb at #1 and draft your qb at #4

    4.) Draft Barkley at #1 and take your qb at #4 not caring whom falls to you

    5.) Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith.

    6.) Out think themselves, and not take a qb until one of their late 2nd round picks and believe TT is going to lead them for the next 5 yrs

    Good thoughts.

    But let's take door #1 and watch the rest of the round unfold with our three 2nd round picks sitting on the table.  

    I'd prefer to not get cute and just pick the two best players that are not Barkley.  (RB later)

    If someone that we really like starts sliding then perhaps we wanna jump back into the latter part of the round like we did last year.

    Like Joe Banner said, Today's NFL is Pass and Rush The Passer.  -  Pick the QB de jur and Chubb.  (Garrett and Chubb with Ogbah off the bench)

    --------

    So the Jets traded with the Colts.  They didn't trade to the top of the round. (they probably called us but we want a QB too and there's no way we're trading that far down and miss out on a QB - again -)

    They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

    But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

    This shows all of us that AT LEAST three of the four top QB's in this draft have show the Jets enough to warrant trading up for.  Just like the Bears last year....and the Rams & Eagles the year before that.  -  Ya gotta have a good QB.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Of course that makes sense, but what about all the people who say dont trade NO MATTER WHAT. That is what the previous regimes did and look how that turned out.

    It should ALWAYS be open. Who knows, someone may love a QB or Barkley so much they offer 10 1st rounders (Obviously exaggerating), but point is you CAN'T turn that down

    Moving down one spot- when you KNOW the team trading up isn't after "one of your guys"  is a hell of a lot different than moving down 8 or more and odds are that "guy" wont be there.  

    @hoorta said:

    Moving down one spot- when you KNOW the team trading up isn't after "one of your guys"  is a hell of a lot different than moving down 8 or more and odds are that "guy" wont be there.  

    TBH the best you can do is think you KNOW...

    Elway could just say "Fuk it, I'll ride with Keenum for a season" and steal your precious _______________ . (fill in the blank)

  • @hoorta said:

    Moving down one spot- when you KNOW the team trading up isn't after "one of your guys"  is a hell of a lot different than moving down 8 or more and odds are that "guy" wont be there.  

    TBH the best you can do is think you KNOW...

    Elway could just say "Fuk it, I'll ride with Keenum for a season" and steal your precious _______________ . (fill in the blank)

    @tour2ma said:

    TBH the best you can do is think you KNOW...

    Elway could just say "Fuk it, I'll ride with Keenum for a season" and steal your precious _______________ . (fill in the blank)

    Well, we take our QB #1, the Broncos "know" we're not taking another one at #4. So, you want to swap picks? Fine- take Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson instead of a QB, thanks for the extra (probably second round)  pick.  

  • The Jets making that trade is awesome news for us. 99% shot it goes QB, QB, QB. Which means grab Rosen, stay put at #4 and grab Barkley. Just picturing it... What a Shmucking Offense. Gordon, Landry, Duke, Rosen and Barkley. That sounds fantastic! Potential is Top 3 NFL Offense in a few years. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Said it before... I'll say it again. You are nothing, if not consistent.

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me?  

    I lost some of my hyperbole, and I'm not about to retype it. 🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me? 

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    @orion said:

    They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

    But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

    Solid analysis...

    Completely agree that NYJ is fine with at least three QBs for the price they paid. But the funny thing is that so far, per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible. Could be there's some lag in posting visits.

    The Giants? I'm guessing the same offer was not enough to move them to #6 and the increment between the 2nd and 3rd QB on NYJ's board is not great enough to warrant them ponying up anything more... but that's the Jets and that's today. Will be interested in seeing if Bills or Denver can do any better pre-Draft, and whether NYG stands strong until and after our selection is announced. The visit tracker offers no insight as they've met with six different QBs including all the Big 4, but again they've only worked out Mayfield in private.

    Apparently Baker made a weekend of it in the Big Apple...

  • @hoorta said:

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me? 

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    @orion said:

    They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

    But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

    Solid analysis...

    Completely agree that NYJ is fine with at least three QBs for the price they paid. But the funny thing is that so far, per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible. Could be there's some lag in posting visits.

    The Giants? I'm guessing the same offer was not enough to move them to #6 and the increment between the 2nd and 3rd QB on NYJ's board is not great enough to warrant them ponying up anything more... but that's the Jets and that's today. Will be interested in seeing if Bills or Denver can do any better pre-Draft, and whether NYG stands strong until and after our selection is announced. The visit tracker offers no insight as they've met with six different QBs including all the Big 4, but again they've only worked out Mayfield in private.

    Apparently Baker made a weekend of it in the Big Apple...

    @tour2ma said:

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

  • @hoorta said:

    😍😍😍 I'm SO upset. Glad that you've returned. Houston again this year? Don't bring the relatives.  🙂  

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. 🙂 

    Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

  • To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

  • To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    Oh the Browns should do this, take Harold Landry at #12, a CB/DT at #22 and then a RB later on, probably in round two as this RB class is absolutely stacked. 

    We have filled some needs in FA and with losing some picks in trades for Landry and Randall, lets get some picks back and again have two first rounders next year. The Bills first next year could damn well be #1 with AJ McCarron their bridge BQ.

  • @hoorta said:

    And he drives me nuts...  Can I post 50 Baker is Da Bomb videos, and will you still love me? 

    Presumes that I currently "love you"...

    @orion said:

    They didn't trade with the Giants.  They probably called the Giants.  Why couldn't they move up to #2?  I'm going to have to assume that the Giants want their QB to groom also.  (of course the possibility DOES exist that the Jets don't really believe that the Giants WILL take a QB this year - I think they probably will because essentially, it's FREE this year.  You don't have to trade up and give away a King's ransom for the QB.  I guarantee you that the Giants do not expect to be picking anywhere near this high next year.)

    But in order to have made this trade, the Jets had to understand that it was quite possible that the 2 best QB's in the draft would be gone.  Assuming that those two are Rosen & Darnold, then they like Mayfield or Allen enough (and Rosen and Darnold in case one of THEM is there) to make the trade.

    Solid analysis...

    Completely agree that NYJ is fine with at least three QBs for the price they paid. But the funny thing is that so far, per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible. Could be there's some lag in posting visits.

    The Giants? I'm guessing the same offer was not enough to move them to #6 and the increment between the 2nd and 3rd QB on NYJ's board is not great enough to warrant them ponying up anything more... but that's the Jets and that's today. Will be interested in seeing if Bills or Denver can do any better pre-Draft, and whether NYG stands strong until and after our selection is announced. The visit tracker offers no insight as they've met with six different QBs including all the Big 4, but again they've only worked out Mayfield in private.

    Apparently Baker made a weekend of it in the Big Apple...

    @tour2ma said:

    per Walter football's visit tracker, they've only met with two QBs, Darnold and Mayfield, and of the two Mayfield is the only one to have had more than a simple, 15-minute, Combine session... and Mayfield has met with them every way possible.

    So, in theory, they want Mayfield.

  • @runyon27 said:

    To move to #2, it will cost them both 1st this year, a 1st next year, and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year as well. To move to #4 the cost would be very similar, 3 1st rounders plus additional pick perhaps in 2019. However, the Browns should not do this, they are guaranteed to get Chubb or Barkley now plus their QB of choice.

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    @ghoolie said:

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. 🙂 

    Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

    @hoorta said:

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

    Sweet... remind me to be nice to you as needed... 😉

    @londonbrown said:

    Oh the Browns should do this, take Harold Landry at #12, a CB/DT at #22 and then a RB later on, probably in round two as this RB class is absolutely stacked. 

    We have filled some needs in FA and with losing some picks in trades for Landry and Randall, lets get some picks back and again have two first rounders next year. The Bills first next year could damn well be #1 with AJ McCarron their bridge BQ.

    I like the trade down plan albeit with different players preferred at 12 and 22, but I could live with (the consensus threshold) Harold and Josh Jackson...

    @orion said:

    So, in theory, they want Mayfield.

    Maybe... odds are Baker will be there at #3, but still just odd they move without having fully vetted all the possibles... or at least three of them.

  • Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

  • Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

    @poeticg said:

    Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

    No. 

  • Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.

    - I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley.