Skip to content

Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

The Browns Board
97 21 4.3k 1
  • I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @bob806 said:

    I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    And we don't need to be giving some dude in his twilight a payday...

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    And we don't need to be giving some dude in his twilight a payday...

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @nickers said:

    And we don't need to be giving some dude in his twilight a payday...

    I don't think he's a Dwayne Bowe, but unless DW is lobbying hard for him, I don't see the benefit. Great hands, yes but the salary cap stuff worries me.

  • I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @bob806 said:

    I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @orion said:

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

    TC? I'm drawing a blank...

  • @orion said:

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

    TC? I'm drawing a blank...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @bob806 said:

    TC? I'm drawing a blank...

    Training Camp

  • @bob806 said:

    TC? I'm drawing a blank...

    Training Camp

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @orion said:

    Training Camp

    Lol, well that went way over my head. I was trying to think of a player with those initials...

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #75

    @orion said:

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

    I can see this... ^^ but,

    the sun will rise on a Friday where the Nfl likes to steal the weekend headlines..

    The Browns will also wake-up with over 13M in cap space.. I'd still like to fill 2 bigger needs...

    a) The Chargers told veteran LB/DE Kyle Van Noy to stop the run as a FA with a new team..

    b) Jim Schwartz knows  FA DT N. Suh or* Panthers DT FA Matt Ioannidis is age 29

    I'm thinking Suh & Van Noy improves 2 bigger needs getting both under 13M..  have at it..here's a FA list

    https://overthecap.com/free-agency

  • @syd said:

    haahah you so funny. maybe some day you will come up with something new 

    And maybe one day you'll find courage and quit drinking... But somehow.. I doubt it

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @nickers said:

    And maybe one day you'll find courage and quit drinking... But somehow.. I doubt it

  • @orion said:

    I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

    I can see this... ^^ but,

    the sun will rise on a Friday where the Nfl likes to steal the weekend headlines..

    The Browns will also wake-up with over 13M in cap space.. I'd still like to fill 2 bigger needs...

    a) The Chargers told veteran LB/DE Kyle Van Noy to stop the run as a FA with a new team..

    b) Jim Schwartz knows  FA DT N. Suh or* Panthers DT FA Matt Ioannidis is age 29

    I'm thinking Suh & Van Noy improves 2 bigger needs getting both under 13M..  have at it..here's a FA list

    https://overthecap.com/free-agency

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @gumby73 said:

    The Browns will also wake-up with over 13M in cap space.

    I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

  • @gumby73 said:

    The Browns will also wake-up with over 13M in cap space.

    I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #78

    @orion said:

    I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

    I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams

    Deal Andrew Berry ?

    f8bi39QaEsJBOyVOFB.gif   

    edit---- 

     click 2024 FA's https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-brown

     click 2024 team cap https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

  • @orion said:

    I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

    I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams

    Deal Andrew Berry ?

    f8bi39QaEsJBOyVOFB.gif   

    edit---- 

     click 2024 FA's https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-brown

     click 2024 team cap https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @gumby73 said:

    I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams

    Deal Andrew Berry ?

    f8bi39QaEsJBOyVOFB.gif                    

    ALL IN ...... baby !

  • @nickers said:

    And we don't need to be giving some dude in his twilight a payday...

    I don't think he's a Dwayne Bowe, but unless DW is lobbying hard for him, I don't see the benefit. Great hands, yes but the salary cap stuff worries me.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @bob806 said:

    but the salary cap stuff worries me.

    i believe the money would be well spent on defensive line depth

  • @orion said:

    I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

    I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams

    Deal Andrew Berry ?

    f8bi39QaEsJBOyVOFB.gif   

    edit---- 

     click 2024 FA's https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-brown

     click 2024 team cap https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @gumby73 said:

    I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams                    

    Is that bad? ?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #82

    hmm....might need to get that superbowl victory this year then.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #83

    Each of those FA's is a different contract.

    Look at the dead values for ZDS for a post-June 1 cut vs the pre-June 1 cut.

    In short, if ZDS isn't resigned, he'll be listed as a post June1 cut next season.. resulting in a total of 1.8 dead in each of 2024, 2025, 2026, and 2027 because why not.  Big upfront value leading to scare quotes, sprinkles in reality.

    Same analysis for the rest of the list, just different values for each player

  • hmm....might need to get that superbowl victory this year then.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @orion said:

    hmm....might need to get that superbowl victory this year then.

    Yeah ......  and dust off my old '65 Ford Mustang for the SB 58 parade.    

    ........  oh right I sold it in 1971,  got tired of waiting.    😆

  • @orion said:

    hmm....might need to get that superbowl victory this year then.

    Yeah ......  and dust off my old '65 Ford Mustang for the SB 58 parade.    

    ........  oh right I sold it in 1971,  got tired of waiting.    😆

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @mjp28 said:

    Yeah ......  and dust off my old '65 Ford Mustang for the SB 58 parade.    

    ........  oh right I sold it in 1971,  got tired of waiting.    😆

    Here's a nice 55 T-Bird that was parked in our neighbors drive way a year ago!

    T-Bird Back.jpg

    T-Bird.jpg

    T-Bird Front.jpg

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #86

    Missing the portholes.  Still pretty sweet.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #87

    Also...some remember...getting the wheel well off usually wasn't all that hard, but getting it back was a bitch.

    That push out and up, then back and down on the lever in synch with the up down and in on the actual well was frustrating, especially as rust and road grim had accumulated.

  • @syd said:

    haahah you so funny. maybe some day you will come up with something new 

    And maybe one day you'll find courage and quit drinking... But somehow.. I doubt it

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #88

    @nickers said:

    And maybe one day you'll find courage and quit drinking..

    @syd said:

    @texasag1969 said:

    Apparently "spare time" is quite the thing around here. LOL!?

    Apparently this is what happens on page 3, waiting on D-Hop team news goes into week 2 ? 

    Sunday ?  hobby entry,